2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized why these look familiar:

fire-all.jpg

and it would've looked even more like a firefighter in brown.

What firefighters wear brown coats? I think it would look far less like one if they kept the original brown.

I was thinking this:

02-type-fire-insulation-clothing-font-b-

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I just realized why these look familiar:

fire-all.jpg

and it would've looked even more like a firefighter in brown.

What firefighters wear brown coats? I think it would look far less like one if they kept the original brown.

I was thinking this:

02-type-fire-insulation-clothing-font-b-

Hmm. Guess I've never lived anywhere that wears those - safety yellow on black is my default.

These would look much better with gold numbers.I do really like the new crew neck collar though. I imagine that Montreal will be using the same ones.

When is Montreal unveiling their uniforms for the winter classic?

- Nashville's yellow lids suck. A set that was maybe two or three tweaks away from being near the top of the league is now teetering towards being one of the worst. And with only one shoulder patch, whose idea was it to put the ASG logo on the chest?

Nashville used the navy helmets last night. I think they're going to use the yellow on the road. I have a friend who works for the organization. The powers that be want to promote the heck out of the ASG patch, and felt that it didn't look right against the pick-shaped shoulder logos. I prefer the pre-ASG look.

What do you mean by that? Are you saying that they might be changing their uniforms soon?

Believe he means that Nashville will be wearing the yellow helmets during road games.

Oh, I see. If that's the case, that would be really weird. A yellow helmet for a white jersey. It doesn't sound promising but I would like to see it just out of curiosity's sake. I would need to see Nashville actually do this before I could have an opinion of whether it is a good or horrible idea.

A866B66F-2EE0-4F35-BA07-6A3829BA19BA_zps

That is incredibly underwhelming. Not bad, just really plain and average. They could've done so much better.
I'm with you, man. I don't hate it, but I'm pretty disappointed by it. Like you said, they could've done something way better than this. It doesn't measure up to their last WC jersey at all.

In my opinion, it doesn't even come close. Call me crazy but I almost think I like their current alternate better so far. This is so underwhelming. I like the tribute to the original jersey but not only was this a wonderful opportunity to do something truly special by having a brown jersey, it was an amazing opportunity to create a jersey that could finally replace their current third jersey. I honestly do not like the new collar. That NHL shield sticks out like a sore thumb. What I would have done is either made the collar they went with yellow, or what I would have much preferred is giving this a lace-up collar. I think just some work on the collar would have made this quite a bit better and I don't like how there's cream on the numbers, yet none on the front of the jersey.

Those shoulders are absurdly oversized, the flag patch is dumb, but this will be their primary look by 2017, regardless.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived