2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

The Bruins' jersey is okay, but I would've much preferred a direct throwback (with some modifications to translate it to a modern template). I actually really like the old-school collar, too.

Speaking of collars, the Habs' new collars are a huge improvement. Old:

971647-andrei-markov-loin-joueur-plus.jp

New:

tomas-plekanec-max-pacioretty-p.k.-subba

If only they'd switch to single outlines on the road and fix those teensy-tiny "C"/"A" patches.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Sharks broadcast they are seeking NHL approval to wear the heritage jersey more than planned.

I bet that jersey has been selling like hotcakes. From the way they promoted that jersey, I honestly had a hunch that they had bigger plans for it. It would be quite something if the Sharks decided to scrap their current crap for that jersey.

Avs thirds debuted tonight as well. I think they look great.

E8B9BCAF-D61C-42D7-ADA6-BEE533BCD470_zps

5A496FC5-05C9-44D7-A09F-D2003F1F790C_zps

Those white shoulders... ugh.

I like a yoke, but this is a bit of a mess.

The state flag really sticks out like a sore thumb. Should have had different logos on the yoke, and focus on a team brand rather than a state brand.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There's some inconsistency between photos in regards to the sleeve stripes being higher/lower on the arm. The ones worn by the players and here have it higher up closer to the shoulder and it looks a lot better.

0399836D-3A9C-4FC6-859B-CCE982A7F91C_zps

That sweater collar is pretty sweet.

I just realized why these look familiar:

fire-all.jpg

and it would've looked even more like a firefighter in brown.

What firefighters wear brown coats? I think it would look far less like one if they kept the original brown.

A lot of them.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=605&q=firefighter&oq=firefighter&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1782.5244.0.5554.17.9.3.5.5.0.188.740.8j1.9.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.17.756.SBlSvioO4v4#imgrc=_

- Nashville's yellow lids suck. A set that was maybe two or three tweaks away from being near the top of the league is now teetering towards being one of the worst. And with only one shoulder patch, whose idea was it to put the ASG logo on the chest?

Nashville used the navy helmets last night. I think they're going to use the yellow on the road. I have a friend who works for the organization. The powers that be want to promote the heck out of the ASG patch, and felt that it didn't look right against the pick-shaped shoulder logos. I prefer the pre-ASG look.

What do you mean by that? Are you saying that they might be changing their uniforms soon?

Believe he means that Nashville will be wearing the yellow helmets during road games.

What made you think these were the new helmets or that they are for away games. The gold helmets are for Saturday home games only and not the permanent helmets.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

The Bruins' sleeve stripes look a lot better on the authentics. It didn't make any sense to me to have the numbers between the stripes when they were positioned so low, as pictured on the replica. This might be something weird related to how the Premier/replica jerseys are made, though; I have a P-Bruins replica, and there's way too much space between the end of the shoulder and the start of the sleeve striping.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Per Sharks broadcast they are seeking NHL approval to wear the heritage jersey more than planned.

I bet that jersey has been selling like hotcakes. From the way they promoted that jersey, I honestly had a hunch that they had bigger plans for it. It would be quite something if the Sharks decided to scrap their current crap for that jersey.

Yeah and they finally released merchandise with this original logo. Prior to that they had nothing with the 1st logo.

I've actually come to like the orange on San Jose, but I know that's not a popular opinion around here. It goes well with that darker teal.

Has anyone mocked up the new logo on the old jerseys? I can't imagine they'd go completely backward in branding.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Yeah and they finally released merchandise with this original logo. Prior to that they had nothing with the 1st logo.

I couldn't figure out last season why Mitchell & Ness' "retro" Sharks stuff all had the current logo. I didn't realize it was an across-the-board thing.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I couldn't figure out last season why Mitchell & Ness' "retro" Sharks stuff all had the current logo. I didn't realize it was an across-the-board thing.

Yup it made me so mad but the new owner brought in new business people and it's working.

I thought they had straightened them, but it appears they didn't. Check the image of the rear of the jersey.

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Montreal-Canadiens-12767/Montreal-Canadiens-Reebok-201516-Premier-Replica-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-p35155/?pstart=1

Throw me into the camps that A) like the collar B) Immediately thought of firefighter's jackets and C) wishes they were brown.

But I have to wonder if this insistence using black (even as they already have two other black jerseys) is a symptom of the team's stance on black and gold going all the way back to 1980 and trying to block the penguins from using those colors? Maybe that's a reach on my part. I'll grant you that. But why else not go all the way and actually replicate the first team jersey? Furthermore, if you don't like brown? Why even let the bear itself be brown then? If you're updating all brown things to black? Why not that of all elements?

I don't get it. I'm not anti fauxback. I'm not against combining elements from different eras at all. And I have ZERO inside intel on this one. I just can't help thinking this is one of those situations where they didn't make it brown specifically BECAUSE it would have been a huge hit and they would have been "forced" by popular demand to wear it for XX years afterward. It would have been so cool it would have taken up "space" in their heirarchy that they didn't want to give a brown jersey. That of course is their prerogative but ......then pick something else to throw back to?

To me this is like if the Packers wore ACME throwbacks but had a bee in their bonnet about only ever using green and gold. And I wouldn't like that either.

Like a freight train with stickum

Archived