BigBubba

2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

There's some inconsistency between photos in regards to the sleeve stripes being higher/lower on the arm. The ones worn by the players and here have it higher up closer to the shoulder and it looks a lot better.

0399836D-3A9C-4FC6-859B-CCE982A7F91C_zps

That sweater collar is pretty sweet.

Reminds me of the Star Trek Cage pilot collar

tumblr_inline_mqg17wQBdo1qz4rgp.jpg

I thought they had straightened them, but it appears they didn't. Check the image of the rear of the jersey.

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Montreal-Canadiens-12767/Montreal-Canadiens-Reebok-201516-Premier-Replica-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-p35155/?pstart=1

Damn... So close to perfection. I still can't believe how a simple thing like a solid white, lace-up can improve a uniform so drastically. Tapered stripes or not, the Habs have never looked better.

I do have a feeling we'll see the Duck mask as back the primary sooner or later.

If that happens, I will buy the team off of the Samueli's and move them to Fargo North Dakota. I'll call them the Fargo Frogmen, and I'll use this thing (that's fighting King Kong) as the logo.

KingkongMexico.jpg

Per Sharks broadcast they are seeking NHL approval to wear the heritage jersey more than planned.

Per Sharks broadcast they are seeking NHL approval to wear the heritage jersey more than planned.

I bet that jersey has been selling like hotcakes. From the way they promoted that jersey, I honestly had a hunch that they had bigger plans for it. It would be quite something if the Sharks decided to scrap their current crap for that jersey.

Yeah and they finally released merchandise with this original logo. Prior to that they had nothing with the 1st logo.

I couldn't figure out last season why Mitchell & Ness' "retro" Sharks stuff all had the current logo. I didn't realize it was an across-the-board thing.

Yup it made me so mad but the new owner brought in new business people and it's working.

Yup, the team store brought in authentic Heritage jerseys and were 80% gone by the end of the game. Good call to bring in at $300 each.

As for why the Sharks had current logos on Mitchell & Ness retro stuff, the team was against using the logo partly because they wanted to steer away from the gangs in SJ who use the old logo to "represent" replacing teal and orange with red, however the team saw the desire from fans for bringing it back for the 25th anniversary and thought cash cow.

I hope the Bruins make the WC jersey their new alt. It looks better than the current alt.

All joking aside, I'm dying to see an AHL or ECHL team in Fargo. It's like a 5 hour drive to see the Wild.

The Islanders' black jerseys are apparently selling pretty well.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/10/26/islanders-black-jersey-barclays-center-peter-schwartz/

What floored me in that piece is that Fred Mangione (COO of Barclays Center), says the Stadium Series jersey has been the Islanders' best-seller. That can't possibly be true, can it?

The Islanders' black jerseys are apparently selling pretty well.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/10/26/islanders-black-jersey-barclays-center-peter-schwartz/

What floored me in that piece is that Fred Mangione (COO of Barclays Center), says the Stadium Series jersey has been the Islanders' best-seller. That can't possibly be true, can it?

I honestly think 75% of this is "ooh, something new!"

Everyone might complain every time the Isles tweak anything, but even though a look is perfected, doesn't mean it has to keep selling. You get your blank jersey or local legend and stick with it FOREVER.

People want to spend, they want new things to wear to games, they'll eat up anything that looks half-decent (which excludes their last black third) and has the team logos on it.

20% is purely for the Brooklyn move, and the last 5% actually love it...those poor, misguided souls...

I dunno. I wonder if it also speaks to the relatively small Islanders fanbase.

And FWIW, the black is a gorgeous jersey. Unlike their hideous alts of the past, the only significant objection I see is the lack of team colors, but that probably won't matter all that much to new fans.

This photo is proof that the Stars need victory green helmets... If Nashville can wear a yellow alternate helmet, Dallas should be able to do the same with green, at the very least.

At the unveiling, I thought green helmets and green/white/black NYR-pattern gloves would be gorgeous with this sweater... Instead, they went solid black with both.

At the end of the day, I've never been more content with what my Stars have been wearing on the ice... But there's no denying that green helmet would make a great uniform even more eye-catching.

post-579-0-95093700-1446077997_thumb.jpg

What they really need is some athletic gold trim on both the striping and the logos. The Blackhawks comparisons would disappear and they'd be honouring their history.

I think their color scheme is perfect as-is. No need to clutter it up.

Is a Blackhawk comparison really a thing? Seems pretty baseless to me.

Is a Blackhawk comparison really a thing? Seems pretty baseless to me.

It's only a thing because this exists...

51BO7jgVjpL._UX342__zpsiakunrwd.jpg

...which is the unofficial sweater of douchebags.

Big picture though? I agree. That green sweater isn't an official on-ice Blackhawks sweater. The Stars' sweater's similarity to it shouldn't be held against it.

I think their color scheme is perfect as-is. No need to clutter it up.

Clutter? Nonsense.

p-565945-larry-murphy-minnesota-north-st

minnesota_north_stars_1983-84_front.jpg

36de8b9fd5367f9d5ee3548c6ace1cba.jpg

Kelly/victory green, black, and gold is gorgeous, unique, and stays true to nearly half a century of the team's history. If anything, ditch the black.

Exactly. I would go as far as to call it one of the best colour schemes in the history of the sport. Replacing Kelly Green with Victory would make it even better, but keep the black.

I agree the Blackhawks comparison is baseless... ridiculous even. Yet it still persists and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The bigger issue is that the franchise has used green and some form of gold for it's entire history prior to 2013. While the new scheme looks fantastic, it just doesn't feel like the Stars without gold.

Yes, clutter. They already have three colors, adding gold would only push them into "ludicrously busy" territory.

Drop the black, and then you'd have a point. I never liked black on the North Stars either. But they can't just add another color without cluttering up a really good set.

The implication in adding athletic gold was that silver would be dropped.

This photo is proof that the Stars need victory green helmets... If Nashville can wear a yellow alternate helmet, Dallas should be able to do the same with green, at the very least.

Just because Nashville does it doesn't mean Dallas should as well. It looks terrible on Nashville and the green helmets still look worse.

What they really need is some athletic gold trim on both the striping and the logos. The Blackhawks comparisons would disappear and they'd be honouring their history.

I really hate how people compare Dallas' jersey to Chicago. It's actually just a rip-off of NYR's home sweater. People just like to compare it to Chicago because of the addition of black.