2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

They also match the order of color to the stripes (gold, black, gold) just without the space. It doesn't bother me at all.

The Bruins have had that simple sock pattern since the 60s/70s, with a color switch mixed in in 95. It's kind of similar to the Leafs keeping their sock pattern.

There is a healthy history of mismatching stripes in hockey and I find it funny how a lot of people pick and choose when they like it and don't.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, I have not seen the Stars current logo recolored in any way that is better than what they settled on. I would much prefer gold myself, but for their new logo, no way. It's way better in silver. As for the jerseys, I'd like to see black trim around the numbers and kelly green instead of victory green. Also, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I can't find them on their website for some reason, even when I go through all the front page tabs. Where do you find these??

I liked them on facebook and they keep posting them. I haven't found a grouping of them anywhere yet, which is why I keep posting them as they do.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I think it's safe to assume the Habs will wear a white version of their 1944 white jersey with the blue stripes...

CQ_hKxhWIAANWTw.jpg

I saw this oen concept ages ago where they had taken the Stars logo and made the silbver gold. I can't find it though.

If you're talking about this one, it would be mine...

Stars-2_zps1265d836.png

I've seen alot of concepts where silver was replaced with gold. Honestly, while I love it in their previous identities. I just don't like it with the current one. I honestly like the silver better with this design.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

1. When did CCM get international rights to any team?

2. Why is Russia using the exact design and jersey cut that was produced by employees at NIKE?

RUASSIA.jpg

Adidas is supplying the jerseys for the 2016 World Cup, so this might have something to do with that. Seeing the CCM logo on a Nike jersey is strange, though. Looking over at the Russia Federation website, it looks like the U20 team is wearing CCM practice jersey. Don't know what the actually jersey looks like. The switch over I guess happened just as this hockey season started.

2. Why is Russia using the exact design and jersey cut that was produced by employees at NIKE?

It used to be that the team jersey was the team jersey, no matter who made it, no matter what fabric.

I have some old 90s Flames jerseys, same jersey, different maker, different materials (the dureen to air-knit transition), but it looked no different, because the manufacturer didn't matter; the logo on the front did.

Now we've bought into this whole proprietary nonsense, that different ways to cut a long-sleeve shirt are owned by specific companies exclusively, and the different ways to color that long-sleeve shirt belong to those companies as well.

It doesn't, and they don't.

The jersey is more important than any manufacturer, the jersey transcends corporate bullcrap and greed, the jersey represents many players from an era representing their city or their country in something far bigger than a company slogan.

We need to stop believing all of the marketing and know that the sweater is bigger than that, just like we did for the century preceding this corporate greed era.

/end rant.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It used to be that the team jersey was the team jersey, no matter who made it, no matter what fabric.

I have some old 90s Flames jerseys, same jersey, different maker, different materials (the dureen to air-knit transition), but it looked no different, because the manufacturer didn't matter; the logo on the front did.

Now we've bought into this whole proprietary nonsense, that different ways to cut a long-sleeve shirt are owned by specific companies exclusively, and the different ways to color that long-sleeve shirt belong to those companies as well.

It doesn't, and they don't.

The jersey is more important than any manufacturer, the jersey transcends corporate bullcrap and greed, the jersey represents many players from an era representing their city or their country in something far bigger than a company slogan.

We need to stop believing all of the marketing and know that the sweater is bigger than that, just like we did for the century preceding this corporate greed era.

/end rant.

For the record I agree, just NIKE clearly had their own design templates put in these jerseys.

Its like MAN U wearing a Nike kit, with the Adidas shoulder stripes

The IIHF likely owns the rights to the designs, and as such, the national federations can have multiple manufacturers produce their products. Most of the junior level jerseys and all of those of teams playing in the lower teirs are produced by Tackla, but the designs are the same as the Nike versions.

I'm pretty sure that's it. Nike doesn't make the jerseys for the lower divisions of the World Championships but when you see a team that had a new design at the Olympics or the last time they were in the Elite Division, they'll have the design just produced by a different manufacturer.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Right, and let's also remember that, in some instances, the "manufacturer" patch is basically a sponsor/ad patch. In the pre-Reebok days, when teams picked their own manufacturers, many of those Wilson/Nike/Reebok/Starter/Adidas/Champion/Russell/LogoAthletic/Puma jerseys were being made by Ripon Athletic.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ducks again look really good on the ice, but I just had a thought about something that might come up with the thirds.

The names are black with a white outline on an orange jersey. When the Flames originally changed jerseys back pre-lockout the names were black with a white outline on a red jersey.

1345658.jpg

That only existed for a few games because the broadcasters complained they couldn't read the names. It was so short I'm surprised I found a picture and I've even more surprised I've seen a guy at Flames games wearing a jersey with a black name. They then flipped the name colours and we are where we are today.

I'm wondering if the Ducks will run into the same problems with legibility issues.

IbjBaeE.png

Dallas going with green helmets is a terrible idea. There are a lot of things they need to do to improve their look and adding green buckets is not one of them. They are the green AND black team. Let Minnesota be the green team, Dallas always looked better with black as or more so dominant than green. I personally would love to see them bring in a black third jersey. As for gold, i think they made their biggest mistake when they got rid of it, and re-adding gold to their color scheme wouldn't clutter things up. Matter of fact when they were doing their re-brand a couple years back they actually had a version of what they wear now in their old green and gold with the addition of silver, it was a finalist design but for some reason wasn't chosen over what they wear now.

Dallas-Stars-Green-Gold-Black-Concept-59

Looks ten times better than what they wear now.

I wouldn't have complained if this is what they used--but I would say what they did use is at least ten times better than this--the look they have now says hockey to me.

And it doesn't look like a copy or variation on another NHL team.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ducks again look really good on the ice, but I just had a thought about something that might come up with the thirds.

The names are black with a white outline on an orange jersey. When the Flames originally changed jerseys back pre-lockout the names were black with a white outline on a red jersey.

1345658.jpg

That only existed for a few games because the broadcasters complained they couldn't read the names. It was so short I'm surprised I found a picture and I've even more surprised I've seen a guy at Flames games wearing a jersey with a black name. They then flipped the name colours and we are where we are today.

I'm wondering if the Ducks will run into the same problems with legibility issues.

Funnily enough, my grandfather brought that up when we were at the game last night. He said he had a hard time reading the names, and the numbers for that matter. Didn't bother me from a fan standpoint, or a design stand point. They look great.

However, from a broadcaster standpoint, I totally get it. I do play-by-play for the Long Beach State hockey team. Our white home jerseys have a black Canadiens-esque stripe through the chest/arms/back and directly on top of the black stripe is a black number with a yellow outline. And when everything is moving, spinning quickly, it can be pretty hard to pick up the numbers. And I'm only 15 feet or so from the ice. And that's at center. Things go into a corner, and I have no idea who is down there.

But back to the Ducks, since it's just an alternate, I don't know if they'd get around to changing it. If we went full time with it, maybe you get an issue. I haven't watched the two third jersey games on TV, so idk if the broadcasters had an issue or not.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived