2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter Classic numbers should be regular-sized. Only the Stadium Series games get the big'uns.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Dallas @ Boston is just a beautiful match up.

Indeed it is. Saw a video of Seguin scoring on the NHL Facebook page tonight and seriously thought, "that is one fantastic matchup." I hadn't seen it myself before, it's one of my new favorites now.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The Sharks are in their throwbacks against the Blue Jackets tonight. That's an almost perfect hockey uniform. So good looking in action and high definition.

Seems one shade too dark compared to the originals

Mg45B34.png

Arturs-Irbe3.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Kill the yoke and that tacky self-congratultory shoulder patch.

Love the Sharks' uniforms, but the logo still looks very dated to me. If there was a happy medium between Sharkachu and the old one I'd be happy.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

The Sharks are in their throwbacks against the Blue Jackets tonight. That's an almost perfect hockey uniform. So good looking in action and high definition.

Close enough. It's still the best they've looked since the late 90's.

Close enough. It's still the best they've looked since the late 90's.

Yeah who cares if it's not a dead match? They look effing great.

Also keep in mind a couple things - 1. teal is a weird color as far as photographs go. Same uniform looks like two completely different colors here eh?

000546187.jpgsan-jose-sharks-pat-falloon-95-the-leaf-

2. Back then NHL teams wore dark jerseys on the road. That photo of Arturs Irbe is very likely in another different arena. Not fair to compare photos 20 years apart in two different buildings with different lighting.

Sidenote: I hate the lighting in the Shark tank. Way too dark.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Isles wore their "Brooklyn" thirds for the first time last night.

EP-311039699.jpg

Taken by themselves, they didnt look all too bad out there. Pretty simple and sleek uniform, although a bit boring.

Now as a fan of this franchise for almost 40 years, I think I'm contractually obligated to hate them.

I'll never understand why so many teams want to wear solid black against a solid white ice sheet in hockey. It looked awful. It looked like my old rec league team that wore solid black practice jerseys. You can barely even see the sleeve stripes during play, because they're so thin.

Mg45B34.png

Arturs-Irbe3.jpg

Yeah I noticed that too. I was saying to myself. Were they really that dark?

The Catch of the Day!

Love seeing the Sharks like that again. That was the first jersey I ever owned. And I actually didn't get an outdated or 90s vibe from them. Actually almost got a Blackhawks vibe, whereas it's a classically striped color jersey with large sections of white. It just worked.

I don't think we'll be seeing those Sharks jerseys again. I mean, why do you think they lost? All that extra striping completely weighed them down!

Actually there are four more games for the throwbacks. They have to win one of those, right? :upside:

Not a chance. Too many stripes, I'm surprised the team is able to move ;)

Archived