2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now it's getting crazy in here.

BTW was there a better looking uniform year in the NHL than '91-'92?

I say NO. If only the North Stars had held on to their previous look one year longer

The Sharks came in looking sharp, but give me 1987-1988.

Pretty much everyone is at their best. The Kings looked great in their purple/yellow. The Whale. The Flames at their best. The Christmas Devils. The only team on that page that looks significantly worse than their best is the Blues (because I think the red was bad). Everyone else looks great.

Actually, upon closer look, 1991-1992 was a good year (I was thinking the Devils had changed and maybe even the Flames and/or Sabres had black). The Canucks look a bit better by that point, plus you have the Sharks and the 75th year jerseys for the O6. But the North Stars and Kings had gone to black uniforms and for me that's too difficult to overcome.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

My only question is do I buy Price or Subban?

PK or GTFO.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The reaction to the Habs WC sweater over on HFboards is hilarious.

It's like they have no idea on the history of the Canadiens. "Did a kid design those" "Worst jersey in the NHL" "FUGLY"

Glad this site exists so people with actual knowledge of uniform aesthetics exists.

It looks like something out of the gorgeous simplicity of The Hockey Sweater. It has that very unique style of cartoonishness to it, with the simple logo and numbers and the just-slightly-too-bright blue color

hockey_sweater.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediuml

And some real love for that sleeve patch!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That is a thing of absolute beauty! My only problem is how bad it makes the regular aways look, in comparison...

I wouldn't go that far. The regulars are in no way bad.

Not bad by any stretch. It's just that white uniforms with the blue chest stripes, be it this version or the 2004 "vintage" entry, are worlds better. The red version of their set is the most iconic uniform in hockey, I don't understand why they refuse to go with a matching white when the design has existed for over 50 years.

The collar makes me the most excited. Looks like almost a regular collar with the NHL shield just floating down there, which I'm a fan of. Particularly in reference to the two hole laces, fake laces like the ducks and wild, and it is even better than the regular laces with the swatch of fabric.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The only thing I don;t like about the jersey is the number font choice, it being too modern. A simple block font would have sufficed. Everything else is great.

Just an out there question: why is it that Reebok seems to hit it out of the park every Winter Classic, but seem to :censored: the bed everywhere else (omitting St. Louis and Dallas)?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Not bad by any stretch. It's just that white uniforms with the blue chest stripes, be it this version or the 2004 "vintage" entry, are worlds better. The red version of their set is the most iconic uniform in hockey, I don't understand why they refuse to go with a matching white when the design has existed for over 50 years.

3 years 1 Cup --vs-- 70+ years 18 Cups.

Rocket Richard won a Cup in the heritage classic jersey before they ditched it. But he and every other susbequent team won more Cups in the standard white jersey.

Rocket Richard won a Cup in the heritage classic jersey before they ditched it. But he and every other susbequent team won more Cups in the standard white jersey.

While I understand that argument it doesn't really hold up for me. Would they not have won those cups had they kept the blue striped chest? By Sharks terms if anything that heavy shoulder yolk likely held them down.

untitled-6.jpg

Not a fan of the shade of blue on the Habs jersey, and that CH logo might just be ugly enough to take the crown from the Nordiques for "worst pro sports logo ever".

Lets also keep in mind that iteration of the logo was designed in c.1923

AmPJ0Ty.png 

While I understand that argument it doesn't really hold up for me. Would they not have won those cups had they kept the blue striped chest? By Sharks terms if anything that heavy shoulder yolk likely held them down.

You can't discount what actually happened in the uniforms though. The current whites have a special place in the hearts and mind of the Habs faithful because of the success associated with them. That's not nothing.

You can't discount what actually happened in the uniforms though. The current whites have a special place in the hearts and mind of the Habs faithful because of the success associated with them. That's not nothing.

Unless the team in question isn't from the original six...

Archived