2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much like a guy who hadn't had sex for too long, the Sharks came first.

Looks like they were trying to copy the Mighty Ducks.

WHAT? The San Jose Sharks predate the Mighty Ducks (team and film) by at least a year!

Yes I know that. I was referring to the video. Unless the video came out during the Sharks' first year.

Much like a guy who hadn't had sex for too long, the Sharks came first.

Looks like they were trying to copy the Mighty Ducks.

WHAT? The San Jose Sharks predate the Mighty Ducks (team and film) by at least a year!

Yes I know that. I was referring to the video. Unless the video came out during the Sharks' first year.

It would be 93 as it features the tank

Yep. Too bad it's likely on it's final year while the current full time, garbage gets to continue its reign of poor taste.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. It is 10,000,000,000,000x better than their current jerseys and this jersey has been extremely well received not only by Penguin fans, but by regular fans league wide as well. On top of that, it is an awesome jersey, and it looks fantastic on the ice. This time, I don't think it is the alternate jersey that is getting changed, I think it is the main jerseys, that are finally getting changed.

It's the Penguins... The current, futuristic, click-and-fill mess is the only set to last more than 5 years in the teams history. The previous alts were also well received and popular, yet both lasted only two years. Not advocating they return to powder blue but even that would be a better option than keeping the current set.

It is simply the worst look in the league. Worse than the Flames, worse than the Avalanche, even worse than what the Coyotes tried to pass off as uniforms this summer... No redeeming qualities what so ever. You'd think their 2009 cup victory, the first since 1992, would have been a big deal but in those uniforms the most emotion I could muster was "well, at least Detroit didn't repeat..."

It's the Penguins... The current, futuristic, click-and-fill mess is the only set to last more than 5 years in the teams history.

That's not true. While the away jersey changed, the Robopen set existed with the same home jersey from 1992 to 2002. That counts.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's the Penguins... The current, futuristic, click-and-fill mess is the only set to last more than 5 years in the teams history.

That's not true. While the away jersey changed, the Robopen set existed with the same home jersey from 1992 to 2002. That counts.
He did say set, and changing at least one uniform majorly is a set change. So one uniform lasted for 10 years, but not the set.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

He did say set, and changing at least one uniform majorly is a set change. So one uniform lasted for 10 years, but not the set.

It absolutely was a set change, a horrible one at that. I can see why the team wanted to get rid of the script but that was not the way to go about it. Had they simply made a reverse version of the white, they'd have ended up with one of the best looks in their history.

8389_pittsburgh_penguins-unused-1993.png

It's an absolute travesty they chose to go with those crappy Rangers knockoffs over this beauty. Fix the beak and it's one of my favourite jerseys in all of sports.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The continuity of that one jersey makes it count in my eyes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Penguins need to go to the alternate look full time and get rid of the crappy Vegas khaki. They would maybe share the same color scheme as Boston but they would look much different.

Even if the Penguins went with the alternate look full time next season, it wouldn't be fast enough. I, like everyone else on here just do not understand how the Penguins could possibly continue to sport their current garbage for as long as they have.

The Penguins need to go to the alternate look full time and get rid of the crappy Vegas khaki. They would maybe share the same color scheme as Boston but they would look much different.

Even if the Penguins went with the alternate look full time next season, it wouldn't be fast enough. I, like everyone else on here just do not understand how the Penguins could possibly continue to sport their current garbage for as long as they have.

The worst part is that two of the worst-dressed teams in the league (Pittsburgh and Colorado) are run by guys who starred when they were two of the best.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived