2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

LA Kings Planning Trio of Fun for 50th NHL Season - including a new jersey http://mayorsmanor.com/?p=32232

According to John Hoven of Mayor's Manor, the Kings not only put in a bid for the 2017 All-Star Game, but they're also the front runner for it.

More importantly in the post it mentions that the Kings will introduce a grey jersey very similar to the one below. Unfortunately, it sounds like they won't be wearing "each of the major jerseys from the franchise's history." Boo! I wanted to see some Miracle on Machester, Gretzky era, and Shield throwbacks! Oh well...

LAKings_NewJersey_Concept_2015_V2-600x21

Shouldn't the Leafs get the All-Star game its their 100th more important than the the Kings 50 and plus Montreal got a All-Star game on their 100th

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/toronto-to-get-all-star-game-and-outdoor-game-in-2017-source/

Someone asked John that and apparently the Leafs are vying for the 2018 ASG to coincide with the NHL's 100th season.

Think Icethics said leafs want to host it

Yes but the info regarding the Kings came out after the Jersey Watch post (and the THN article linked from 11 months ago). Jon Rosen (@lakingsinsider) also posted about the ASG details and mentions Toronto.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2015/11/28/kings-have-put-in-a-bid-for-the-2016-17-all-star-game/

We'll still have to wait and see if things change before the announcement though.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA Kings Planning Trio of Fun for 50th NHL Season - including a new jersey http://mayorsmanor.com/?p=32232

According to John Hoven of Mayor's Manor, the Kings not only put in a bid for the 2017 All-Star Game, but they're also the front runner for it.

More importantly in the post it mentions that the Kings will introduce a grey jersey very similar to the one below. Unfortunately, it sounds like they won't be wearing "each of the major jerseys from the franchise's history." Boo! I wanted to see some Miracle on Machester, Gretzky era, and Shield throwbacks! Oh well...

LAKings_NewJersey_Concept_2015_V2-600x21

Shouldn't the Leafs get the All-Star game its their 100th more important than the the Kings 50 and plus Montreal got a All-Star game on their 100th

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/toronto-to-get-all-star-game-and-outdoor-game-in-2017-source/

Someone asked John that and apparently the Leafs are vying for the 2018 ASG to coincide with the NHL's 100th season.

Problem there is, if the NHL allows the players to go to the next Winter Olympics in Korea, there won't be a 2018 ASG. So you'd think the Leafs would want the assured ASG versus a possible ASG (or the Leafs already know the NHL won't send the players)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Problem there is, if the NHL allows the players to go to the next Winter Olympics in Korea, there won't be a 2018 ASG. So you'd think the Leafs would want the assured ASG versus a possible ASG (or the Leafs already know the NHL won't send the players)

That's true. Hadn't thought about that. I'll check and see if anyone's heard anything about that.

This Minnesota/Michigan thing is precisely why those masturbatory self-aggrandizing proclamations are all terrible.

I think Michigan's ego is just sufficiently bruised these past 20-some years that they don't like anyone being better than them.

Meanwhile, there haven't been any M :censored:s arguing for The Bay State, which actually has a legitimate claim to the title.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Doesn't the staging of the Bettmalympics pretty much tip the hand that the NHL isn't showing up to Korea?

Probably. It probably also depends on whether or not the NHLPA makes a big enough stink about it.

But with back-to-back Winter Olympic in East Asia (Korea and Beijing), I'd agree and say the NHL won't be in the Olympics for a while.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The Kings had a great-looking gray jersey for the Stadium Series. Just de-chromify the crest, and it's good to go. That mockup is a fetid pile, and I can't wait for the Kings to fall into the depths again so there's finally a much-needed logo and uniform overhaul.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Edit: I also find it hilarious that Detroit can call themselves Hockeytown, and no one bats an eye, but if Someone mentions Minnesota is the State of Hockey, every one loses their minds...

Maybe because Detroit has actually won something at hockey. Michigan has more Stanley Cups, more college hockey championships, more Conn Smythe winners, and the greatest American hockey player ever was from Michigan.

Oh, and Michigan never lost their hockey team to Texas. Yes it was really dumb when Detroit called themselves Hockeytown, but then they won a few Cups and it doesn't sound dumb anymore. Minnesota calling themselves the "State of Hockey" without winning anything is what's dumb.

Just because Minnesota Hasn't won anything professionally, doesn't mean that were not the State of Hockey... Detroit called them Hockeytown only because they've a couple of Cups...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

How violently are the Canadians rolling their eyes at our intrastate slap fight? lol

I mean there still the Country of Hockey, but they haven't even won the Cups since 92'...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The real question is who is the Province of Hockey?

/half sarcasm

I thought that Providence is in Rhode Island???

OOOOOHHHHH... You mean the Canadian state thing(y)s. Canada is then... Because Canada doesn't have states.

/Mostly Sarcasm

Just because Minnesota Hasn't won anything professionally, doesn't mean that were not the State of Hockey... Detroit called them Hockeytown only because they've a couple of Cups...

11 Stanley Cups is a weird definition of a couple.

Also, they're called "Hockeytown" because it's a marketing slogan. Same deal with "the State of Hockey". What the Wild are doing with the shoulder patch would be no different to the Coyotes sticking "Hockey the Hard Way" on theirs. Pat yourself on the back all you want, but its use on a uniform is forced and tacky.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Icethetics surprisingly launched its 2016 Jersey Watch early.

According to Chris, it looks as though the Penguins are finally going to replace their home and roads. No further info yet but he seems to think athletic gold will be making a comeback. I hope he's right!

In other news, it appears as though special edition uniforms for the Kings and Flyers are on the way, while Tampa Bay will be unveiling a throwback to their championship look. Blues alternate will likely be replaced with a throwback, while the Panthers will also have new homes and roads on the way.

As an aside I'd love to see the Sharks be allowed to rock a Seals throwback for a game or two in '17-'18 so all of the "Expansion 6" teams from '67 have some form of recognition on the 50th anniversary.

Doesn't the staging of the Bettmalympics pretty much tip the hand that the NHL isn't showing up to Korea?

Probably. It probably also depends on whether or not the NHLPA makes a big enough stink about it.

But with back-to-back Winter Olympic in East Asia (Korea and Beijing), I'd agree and say the NHL won't be in the Olympics for a while.

Actually, the location of the next two Olympics has me thinking that the players will definitely be going. The NHL views Asia as an untapped market, so the hope would be that by sending the world's best you can generate interest in the game (much like the NBA and Beijing). In fact, I remember hearing that when Beijing was bidding for the Winter Games, one of their conditions was that if they were successful the NHL would have to send it's players.

I know the league has a business to run, but the Olympics should always be a best-on-best tournament. There's no way the country would rally around a half Spengler Cup/half World Junior team the way that we do around Crosby, Toews, Price, et. al. Besides, having your league's best players front and centre on an international stage can only help the game in the long run.

Archived