2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if the Penguins and Senators are changing uniforms next year, does that finally mean that we getting rid of that AWFUL click-n-fill template?

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Hockeytown was fun for those first few years in the 90s. I was in middle school and the NHL was just coming out of the "Coolest Game on Earth" era and so I'll always associate Hockeytown with glow pucks and fighting robots and the most exciting era of Red Wings hockey I've ever seen... However, it's time to for the Wings to put that marketing campaign to bed.

FWIW, most Red Wings fans I encounter these days fall somewhere between "I don't care" and "it's over and done with" when it comes to the Hockeytown marketing. Really, the only reason the Wings still use it is because of the Hockeytown Cafe and Hockeytown Authentics businesses that are tied to it...

Hopefully the Wings will move on from the center ice logo when they make the move to the new arena in 2017.

As a Wings fan I really like the Hockeytown at center ice and don't want it to change. It might just be nostalgia because it's what I grew up with but I don't care.

Can we stop with the Marty McSorley thing? It's ridiculous... The "result" of the illegal curve penalty was that the series was tied 1-1. Not even that, because the goal scored on that power play only sent the game to OT; the Kings still had a legit shot even to win that game. Then the Kings lost the next three games in a row because they were emotionally devastated by Marty McSorley's illegal stick curve?

You mean: Marty McSorley's illegal stick curse

:lol::P

Well if the Penguins and Senators are changing uniforms next year, does that finally mean that we getting rid of that AWFUL click-n-fill template?

Hopefully, unless Addidas creates another Jersey tragedy like Reebok did in 07-08. Let's just hope it won't come down to this

But yes this sentiment of wanting a Canadian team to win it definitely started with the Flames, partly because it was such a feel-good story. Not even the most hardcore Flames fans thought the team would make it past the first round and they ended up knocking off three division winners, on route to the finals. It was a magical time and unlike Vancouver, most of the country was fully behind them. I don't see this sentiment going away until the drought reaches it's conclusion.

Maybe a Canadian team would win a Stanley Cup if Canadian players wanted to play for one instead of demanding trades to Dallas and stuff.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not a fan of the "Rat Pack" or "Silver Knights", but if/when they do name a franchise in Las Vegas, I think this should be their away sweater (in white of course).

silverknightsalt.jpg

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

That's not TSN reporting anything. That's TSN's blog just posting some concepts they found.

And the Las Vegas owner has pretty much already said it will be the Black Knights. So, yeah.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

TSN reporting a potential team name of the "Rat Pack" for an expansion team in Las Vegas. See the other concept sweaters here

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?We%27re%2Bfans%2Bof%2Bthese%2Bconcept%2Bjerseys%2Bfor%2Bthe%2BLas%2BVegas%2BRat%2BPack&id=566978

ratpack-home.jpg

There's already a "Rat Pack" in the NHL:

B4_COgCCMAAZjKK.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

That's not TSN reporting anything. That's TSN's blog just posting some concepts they found.

And the Las Vegas owner has pretty much already said it will be the Black Knights. So, yeah.

That's unfortunate. So many potential team names that would be better than "Black Knights". :mad:

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

The funny thing is? Most Canadians probably wouldn't care about the nation-wide Cup drought (aside from not seeing their particular team win it all) if Americans didn't bring it up at every opportunity. I never heard anyone say "it's been too long since a Canadian team brought home the Cup" until Calgary made it to the Finals in 2003. The close calls with Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver certainly didn't help (sorry Ottawa, you were never close) but big picture? This country would turn out in droves to watch a Finals between Florida and Nashville because hockey is hockey. It's the "USA! USA!" crowd that irks us.

So yeah, if pointing out all of your best players come from here takes some air out of your tires on that? We'll keep doing it ;)

And say what you will about Canadian fans, teams, or broadcasters. No Canadian team has ever put "Country of Hockey" on a jersey patch, or on centre ice. That's for Detroit and Minnesota.

When an American team wins 24 championships, their fans can start ring knocking...

Until then...

https://youtu.be/NaiN8HjEy74?t=5s

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

More of this please:

20151201__sharks~3_500.JPG

I don't care what the jersey purists say, I gotta get me one of them there Sharks Herigate jerseys with Irbe on the back. The Sharks would be dumb not to move to these beauties full-time.

What would the hockey purists say? If it's about the hemline, then you could always order one from www.customthrowbackjerseys.com

Archived