2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

What the hell is even going on in this thread? Remember the time the US and Canada kicked Nazi ass together? Let's be friends.

I remember the time when this was the NHL uniforms thread :P

Don't worry, we will be complaining about some terrible All-Star jerseys very soon.

And we probably get four of them!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell is even going on in this thread? Remember the time the US and Canada kicked Nazi ass together? Let's be friends.

I remember the time when this was the NHL uniforms thread :P

Don't worry, we will be complaining about some terrible All-Star jerseys very soon.

And we probably get four of them!

The NHL already said that we're only going to get 2... So we're going to be complaining about how stupid and how ugly the all-star game is...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

(opens parenthesis)

The "All-Star Game" should just cease to exist. I love hockey with all my heart, but there's simply no way that I'll be watching that garbage fire down in Nashville. No siree.

Maybe replace it with some outdoor games or something because I'm simply not interested in watching my favourite NHL stars participate in a game as closely related to ice hockey as friggin' yo-yo.

Hell, perhaps we should just skip the All-Star break entirely so that professional players can join their World Championship squads earlier, if you're at all interested in the sport to begin with.

(closes parenthesis)

thecatch.jpg

It should also be noted, for the benefit of this thread, that the Winter Classic & World Hockey Championship hockey sweaters are MUCH more interesting than the usual Bauer/Reebok/Adidas athletic-wear tripe that we get with these so-called All-Star Games.

thecatch.jpg

Make the All-Star Game a stadium game one year (or the Winter Classic itself) and see how that takes. Just can't do it in one of the years that the NHL is promising Broward County the All-Star Game in exchange for a taxpayer bailout of the Panthers, because the ice would melt, lol.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm hoping that they use the alternate panther face as a jumping off point. Would look nice on a simplified body. If we get anything 06 related, I'm taking my pitchfork and torch with me on Florida vacation next year.

EDIT: How's this?

GENj7oa.png

jq4pvDv.png

94.gif95.png
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Ugh! There is absolutely nothing wrong with their current logo, it's the uniforms that suck out loud. Why is it every team that got it right the first time has screw up their uniforms and then screw them up even more when trying to fix them...

Sorry Nash61 but that's a downgrade... The logo doesn't need updating, period.

Botox Panther up there is weirding me out.

The only logo change I'd make is retiring the messy sun-palm-stick and using a variation on the FLA-sun secondary from the JetBlue alts. Cut the A off so that it's not extending beyond the sun, and then you have the double meaning of FL for Florida and FL for Fort Lauderdale, the nearest major city to the swampy outlet mall the Panthers play in.

Leaping Panther is fantastic and the palm tree/stick/sun is one the best shoulder logos in the history of the NHL. Their color scheme is great, appealing and suits their identity. A shame to see it go. And unfortunately, whoever's in charge of uniforms down there is obviously not design savvy at all with what we've seen in the recent past.

RIP to a great identity.

sig.png

Make the All-Star Game a stadium game one year (or the Winter Classic itself) and see how that takes. Just can't do it in one of the years that the NHL is promising Broward County the All-Star Game in exchange for a taxpayer bailout of the Panthers, because the ice would melt, lol.

Nah, give 'em the all-star game for bailing the Panthers out, but then have the game in the Marlins' park in downtown Miami. Lolololol

I think all that really needs to be done to the Panther is smooth out the lines (make it less jagged) and work on the shading a little. But that's really all it needs, not a total scrapping. As it is, I've always liked it for what it was and like the shape and idea of it. A complete departure would be a huge mistake.

I will say this though: something I've always wanted to see Florida try out is a color scheme of hot pink-navy-orangish gold (think Miami Floridians throwback, but navy instead of black). It may sound crazy, but if done tastefully and balanced, I think it'd be great. And very "South Florida", too.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Today's a sad day. The Panthers logo is easily one of the best logos in the league. If they are going to change it, I'd prefer if they went with something along the lines of the Charlotte Bobcats (see below) that follows the line of the Panther head from the alternate a few years back.

kqt7ckdfs8bzgryshc0ea95wo.gif

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I will say this though: something I've always wanted to see Florida try out is a color scheme of hot pink-navy-orangish gold (think Miami Floridians throwback, but navy instead of black). It may sound crazy, but if done tastefully and balanced, I think it'd be great. And very "South Florida", too.

But the Panthers don't represent flashy downtown Miami, they represent interminable Palm Beach-Broward sprawl. They play at an outlet mall and dress the part.

But the Panthers don't represent flashy downtown Miami, they represent interminable Palm Beach-Broward sprawl. They play at an outlet mall and dress the part.

Haha! Very, very true story. I still think a color change like that would be a route worth taking though. Just something to mix things up and stand out a little; if any franchise needs that, it's Florida.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

How's this?

GENj7oa.png

Near perfection!

New look?

nhl_g_vanbiesbrouch_jv_400x600.jpg1297533484572_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

That was easy...

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived