2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

dark red and yellow is my ideal Flames color scheme.

Olli+Jokinen+NHL+Heritage+Classic+Montre\

These jerseys got the color scheme right. Dark red pants and stripes that matched their 70's/80's look would look awesome.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I still dislike that jersey because its too garish. It looks like something Ronald McDonald would wear.

ronald-mcdonald-052011.jpg?1305926769

However if they darkened the colors and added a bit of black trim it would be pretty sweet.

Does anyone know why the Flames randomly wore them last night? Was it a retro night?

Dark red AND black? Srsly?

That's what the 49ers did, except they used actual gold rather than yellow. They took a vibrant color scheme, crammed in black and darkened the red, and it made overall look dreary. I wouldn't be opposed to the Flames keeping black as a trim color, but the red needs to stay roughly the same. By that I mean it can be darkened a tiny bit so that it's not so eye-searing on TV, but not enough where it looks noticeably different if you're not holding an old and new jersey next to each other.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This is a solid, solid look. Bring back the away version and let this be your full time look. No BFBS, no odd apron strings or blue Alberta patches or Canadian flags, etc.

466939634-jiri-hudler-of-the-calgary-fla

You know, I used to dislike that uniform. I thought it was a bit too bright and that it would be terrible as the primary set. But now that I look at it again, I've done a complete 180, and I actually want to see it as the main look now. Maybe add the shoulder patch from the third jersey, but leave everything else as is.

+1

That is a spectacular uniform and a welcome change from the current mess. That being said, I think they should design a new road jersey that more closely resembles the red. I never liked how the striping of the cup winning set didn't match... Thank god they won in the vastly superior reds.

This is a solid, solid look. Bring back the away version and let this be your full time look. No BFBS, no odd apron strings or blue Alberta patches or Canadian flags, etc.

You know, I used to dislike that uniform. I thought it was a bit too bright and that it would be terrible as the primary set. But now that I look at it again, I've done a complete 180, and I actually want to see it as the main look now. Maybe add the shoulder patch from the third jersey, but leave everything else as is.

+1

That is a spectacular uniform and a welcome change from the current mess. That being said, I think they should design a new road jersey that more closely resembles the red. I never liked how the striping of the cup winning set didn't match... Thank god they won in the vastly superior reds.

What do you think didnt match about the stripes on the whites they wore during the Cup run? The pants?

calgary-flames-lanny-mcdonald.jpg

striping looks mostly consistent to me?

Speaking as somewhat of a Pens fan...I HATE those unis. Way too much Yellow/Gold/Athletic Gold/Saffron.

I feel that the Pens should be a Black and White team, with Yellow or Vegas Gold as an accent color.

I wouldn't say I'd relegate Pittsburgh Gold to accent status, but I do think that white and yellow should have just about equal play. Thick white hem stripes and white numbers on black, black stripes and upper sleeves predominant on the whites instead of yellow, that sort of thing.

The Flames should continue to use black, but only to set off yellow from white on an approximation of the 1980-1994 uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Do you recall where you heard the rumor about the Pens ditching this season's alternate jersey? I have family in the area, and I'm hearing the complete opposite. Those jerseys have been so popular, there's been talk about that set replacing the regular home uniform, and the team bringing back the white uniform from that era for the new road jersey on a full time basis. Even before this season, those black retro jerseys were a popular reminder of the back to back Cup Champs.

Somewhere on these boards, I heard they were ditching them because of a losing record and that it was Crosby's call. That coupled with their annoying habit of changing alternates every two years, while doing nothing to fix their full time monstrosities.

Yeah, cause if the Penguins went full-time retro, they'd do worse than buffalo.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I think the Avs could bring out a mountain pattern jersey as their 3rd. Just because their home and roads aren't changing for now doesn't mean the mountain pattern possibility is dead.

Could be just a test to see if more people other than us like the old jersey.

Link doesn't work.

the striping of the cup winning set didn't match... Thank god they won in the vastly superior reds.

What do you think didn't match about the stripes on the whites they wore during the Cup run? The pants?

striping looks mostly consistent to me?

The hem stripes and the shoulder yoke. As I said earlier, model the white after the red and you have a great looking, consistent set.

bx5ZoaL.png

I'm all for bright colors over faster, meaner, darker sets, but there's still something about Calgary's red jersey that's a little bit too much even for me. I think it would look better if they used less white:

bx5ZoaL.png

bx5ZoaL22.png

Archived