2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I know a lot of people hated the horse logo, but I thought this guy was a perfect secondary logo for a Calgary team.

kohc3s8yz5fi74z6ojk1od6ah.gif

I'd also be okay if this replaced the flags. This is a good logo that is underused.

7483_calgary_flames-alternate-2014.png

My thing with the horse logo is that it needs a mane. If they added a mane (of fire, preferably. It's right there, you guys!) I'd love it. I've always had a soft spot for those black horse head unis, anyway.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calgary is best off just doing what the blues did and go back to their pre-edge set, a modern classic. Maybe horizontal striped instead of diagonal?

Flames_zps49kh0hjm.png

The black is overdone in this set. If anything it should be a trim color not a main color in the scheme. The black breezers, helmet, and large swaths on the home jerseys are too much. These are the Flames, embrace that identity. This look just blends them in with New Jersey, Chicago, and Ottawa.

If monkeypower doesn't mind me posting this:

Something like this for the Flames?

Flames_zps1a7nq32e.png

I've been toying with a concept like this for a while. I also don't know why the background is black.

Really, all the Flames need to do is add a bit of SUBTLE black trim into their classic set, and they would be good to go.

I enjoy this set a lot!!

This is a start, but if the main complaint is that the red and yellow 'bleed" into one another (which I don't necessarily agree with) then the black outlines should be separating the red from the yellow in all places. Here you're just separating yellow from white.

I don't get why people are complaining about the red and the yellow, it's the yellow and the white that bleed into each other. Red and yellow need to touch each other to give it a nice transition like fire itself, that's why the logo has always had red and yellow touching. If we use black to separate the red and yellow it's not gonna look very good. You could get away with it on the red jersey but the yellow still looks weird touching white on the road jersey.

Flames_zpssbnx5sli.png

the striping of the cup winning set didn't match... Thank god they won in the vastly superior reds.

What do you think didn't match about the stripes on the whites they wore during the Cup run? The pants?

striping looks mostly consistent to me?

The hem stripes and the shoulder yoke. As I said earlier, model the white after the red and you have a great looking, consistent set.

bx5ZoaL.png

So this?

Flames2_zps3a0tevda.png

I know a lot of people hated the horse logo, but I thought this guy was a perfect secondary logo for a Calgary team.

I'd also be okay if this replaced the flags. This is a good logo that is underused.

7483_calgary_flames-alternate-2014.png

Agreed on both counts. I LOVED the horse logo. I wish it had carried over to the EDGE set - it wouldn't have saved it by any means, but it'd have improved things.

I also like the idea behind that roundel logo. It's got great regional inspiration and would also look good on the shoulders all around, not just the alternate. It could work as a front crest, but I think the shoulders is a better place for it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

How about this for the pens?

Penguins_zpszg9acngi.jpg

Not a bad suggestion. I sort of like it. But would those fit on an EDGE template? I believe that is one reason why the Pens changed their jerseys from 2006-2007 to the 2007-2008 EDGEs.

JT_H1I6480_Standing_slide.jpg

ny_g_islanders_cr_576.jpg

With the Flames, I say you either go all in with the black or not at all. I don't really see adding a pair of thin black lines to the original jersey makes it any better. I actually think it is fine the way it is, even with the mismatched striping. Their best jersey is the pre-edge set. The black in the red jersey really makes it pop. It needs to return now, or at the very least, something over what they have now.

As for the Penguins, I'm kinda on the fence about switching back to yellow, but the concept with the yellow on the pre-edge jersey does look nice. The think the thing about the vegas gold was that it was really the shiny material that made it look good.

I just hope that if the Flames do choose to change their uniforms they keep the flags on the shoulders. You see sometimes I forget where Calgary is. The flags remind me of the province and country.

The other day I said. "Is Calgary in Virginia?" Then I looked at the flag on the shoulder and said "Oh right. Its in Alberta!!".

Then one time I said. "What country is Calgary in again? Mozambique?" But (thankfully) the flag on the shoulder set me straight and I said. "Oh that's right. Its in Canada!!"

So that is why they need the flags to remind us of where the city is located. :rolleyes:

That's all well and good, but sometimes I forget which one is the state flag and which one is the country. I wish they would make one patch where there's a little tiny Alberta flag inside the Canadian flag, so I can remember which one is smaller. Maybe just on the away jersey.

Oh, it's a horse! I always thought it was satan's goat.

That's a bahaaahaaaaaaad interpretation. Also, supposedly, the Coyotes' logo is not changing. The only thing that's changing is the design of the home and road jerseys.

Not a bad suggestion. I sort of like it. But would those fit on an EDGE template? I believe that is one reason why the Pens changed their jerseys from 2006-2007 to the 2007-2008 EDGEs.

Honestly, I think reebok's lying when they said "Oh no, we can't do that, because it wouldn't fit on Edge template". C'mon they created more craziest and complicated design since the introduction of Edge than the old Pens, so they can make that. Don't forget that they're reproducting old Coyotes, old Ducks normally that designs shouldn't fit on Edge, but magicallly they are.

4r2eer.png

Honestly, I think reebok's lying when they said "Oh no, we can't do that, because it wouldn't fit on Edge template". C'mon they created more craziest and complicated design since the introduction of Edge than the old Pens, so they can make that. Don't forget that they're reproducting old Coyotes, old Ducks normally that designs shouldn't fit on Edge, but magicallly they are.

I want to say that was the reasoning behind the Stars change. They said they couldn't get the star template on the jersey so they had to change up the uniforms.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I like it. The brighter yellow really brings out their identity.

pit%2Bin%2Bbright%2Byellow.png

My word, that is a thing of beauty. I know some might not like the amount of white on that set, but it just makes the gold pop even more.

I prefer the Cup winning look, but I could live with this. I could live with anything that doesn't have the Vegas "gold". It looks so washed out.

sig.png

I want to say that was the reasoning behind the Stars change. They said they couldn't get the star template on the jersey so they had to change up the uniforms.

I believe It can be truth when they introduced First generation of Edge which was made from X-trafil fabric and got 4-way stitches, but second generation of Edge? I think they was talking bull :censored:, because Edge 2.0 is made form the same Air-knit fabric as a pre-edge era sweaters (cut is different) and using old fashion stitches, so I don't think that the old jerseys will be a big problem to made it on Edge 2.0. Maybe Reebok doesn't wanna accept the fact that some of their new uniforms looks not good and fans don't like them. That is my opinion.

4r2eer.png

With the evidence on this page, I have to agree. Not surprised they went against their own words and came out with some of the crazy designs....

Vegas gold has never really worked for them. It either looks like a gold material that has been in the washer too many times or a white that has aged. Either way, it's not good at all.

You don't think so? The shade of gold has been on the uniforms since 2001. Ownership is a fan of the color (e.g. Mario Lemiuex) so until decided otherwise I do not believe "vegas" gold will leave.

I don't know why, but I find myself pretty indifferent with the Penguins. I like them in black and yellow, and I like them in black and Vegas gold. They've worn both equally throughout my lifespan it seems, so both "look like the Penguins", so to say. I guess the one "difference" I have between all thier identities is that I like the robo-penguin slightly more than the skating penguin, but even then, I'm still cool with the skating penguin being used.

I would like to see a departure from the edge design, so that's another thing I guess. But other than that, I really don't have too much of a horse in the race as far as specific colors and logos are concerned. They're one of the few franchises in sports that I feel that way about.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived