2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I've been a big fan of his work, but this one misses the mark.

"Hahaha, you made a mistake a bunch of years ago, and then you realized it was a mistake and you undid the mistake and made it right which I guess was the totally the correct decision but still hahaha you once made a mistake."

And didn't learn from it by releasing the caped, yellow monstrosities three short seasons later.  The Slug was such a monumental blunder on all levels, I think it is more than fair game.  Not only was it a blunder, it stuck around 2 more seasons than the Islanders Fisherman...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but are there extenuating circumstances there?  I don't know about NHL uniform regulations.  The NFL, for example, now has a minimum tenure for new looks, meaning that if the 49ers released their "one day logo" today they'd be stuck with it regardless of the massive fan outcry. 

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

True, but are there extenuating circumstances there?  I don't know about NHL uniform regulations.  The NFL, for example, now has a minimum tenure for new looks, meaning that if the 49ers released their "one day logo" today they'd be stuck with it regardless of the fan outcry. 

I think it's, three years. The slug died as soon as possible after this requirement

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Is it strange that I think the turd burger jersey would actually be improved by putting the slug on the front? Not that it would make it good, but I think the modern lines and the heavy use of yellow on the slug kinda sorta match up with the turd burger.

Just now, Cosmic said:

Is it strange that I think the turd burger jersey would actually be improved by putting the slug on the front? Not that it would make it good, but I think the modern lines and the heavy use of yellow on the slug kinda sorta match up with the turd burger.

I think anyone would struggle to make that jersey worse.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

2 minutes ago, Morgo said:

A primarily yellow logo on that jersey would make it worse, even if it didn't look a like a slug.  No contrast.

Hmm... I forgot that the yellow was on the front.

6 minutes ago, hockey week said:

I think anyone would struggle to make that jersey worse.

.... so make the slug a tramp stamp on the back instead!

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I think it is much better with their logo over the 'Slug. Navy on yellow looks better than yellow on yellow. Speaking of the Turd Burger, if they would have just made the back yellow, and added hem stripes, I honestly think that would be a fairly decent third jersey. 

The North Stars alumni game looked great. 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Mr. Krabs said:

The Wild should use a small-numbered version of these Stadium Series jerseys as their home uniforms. There's really no reason not to.

I really don't think they should. They are plain and boring. Nothing special about them. Sure they may look fine for one game, but they won't last. They'd become terrible in a few years.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

1 hour ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I really don't think they should. They are plain and boring. Nothing special about them. Sure they may look fine for one game, but they won't last. They'd become terrible in a few years.

I disagree.  The script uniform is definitely more boring than the Stadium Series threads, and the reds are better suited for alternate status

4 minutes ago, Morgo said:

I disagree.  The script uniform is definitely more boring than the Stadium Series threads, and the reds are better suited for alternate status

How are you disagreeing with me on a point I didn't even make?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I love the Alt. jersey with the script, but I do agree that it's lacking red. But the Stadium Series Sweaters are great! They may be a little overly simple, but the stripes really pop, and that's what the Wild have been going for the last couple of years, a very traditional look. And the Hawks sweater looked better when you really couldn't see the stupid and gimmicky Chicago flag on the collar, or the odd placed Patch. :D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived