2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

It was great. Especially seeing Gilles Meloche don his old school mask. Meloche was my favorite goalie growing up. Bobby Smith was my favorite player.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nhl/blog/Gilles_Meloche_Mask.jpg

I honestly think it is a bit of a shame that they didn't create Reebok Edge versions of this jersey for that game. It would have been even more amazing if they sold Edge replicas. I bet those would have flown off the shelves. As for the Wild's Stadium Series jersey, I like it way more than their current third and I hope it gets the ball rolling on a new home jersey. As for Chicago, their Stadium Series jersey was a little too out there for me. 

I don't like the Wild's Stadium Series jersey one bit.  It looks like a fashion jersey.  But given the history of the Wild fanbase, they should adopt them as an alt. They'll fly off the shelves just like the script and the red/roundel jerseys before it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the Wilds' Stadium jersey should be the full time homes if they did three things.

1. Ditch that pretentious State of Hockey patch on the shoulder.

2. Ditch the big M on the pants. Shiny green pants do not need letters, logos or stripes.

3. Swap red with yellow. How cool would the Wild look green, yellow, and white?

The Catch of the Day!

40 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

This unused alumni uniform might give us some clues (just imagine it without black):

Wild_leak_1.0.jpg

Ditch the black keyline (and all of the black on the striping), and you'd have the basis for an excellent alt or primary look (if you're not feeling the red).

19 minutes ago, Ark said:

Why not keep the black? The North Stars always looked better with black.

I never liked the North Stars' Jamaican look.  Green and yellow look great on its own.  

On the contrary, the North Stars' green, yellow and black look do look good on the Wild.

8 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I don't like the Wild's Stadium Series jersey one bit.  It looks like a fashion jersey.  But given the history of the Wild fanbase, they should adopt them as an alt. They'll fly off the shelves just like the script and the red/roundel jerseys before it.

This. There really isn't anything special about this jersey. I only think people are saying to adopt it as the home is because they want the red jersey gone. The striping is inferior to the away and alt and really wouldn't look nice in 41 or less games. This also just extends the notion people had when they adopted their new away jersey by replacing a jersey that doesn't match the away with another jersey that doesn't match the away. Make the home match the away and we can all go on with our lives.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

two out of those three people have the power to make the team wear that jersey full time again and don't.  :(

The Avalanche haven't made one single jersey since 2007's jersey change that has even come remotely close to being better than these. I'm saying this and I honestly have never liked Colorado's original jerseys that most people on here really, really like. Even I would take their original look over all three of their current jerseys right now, they are all that bad. At least Colorado would have actual jerseys again, not these Reebok experiments. I was really hoping for their new third jersey to blow me away but that logo is horrible, the white shoulders are way too big, the burgundy looks invisible a lot of times, the State Flag patch is super lame, and there are no hem stripes!!! Grrrr what the hell is wrong with this franchise!? Well, if Patrick Roy pulls his Goalie with nine minutes left in the third while down 4-0, it makes it pretty hard for me to take his decision making seriously, though he was one hell of a Goalie.   

On February 22, 2016 at 11:30 AM, SFGiants58 said:

This unused alumni uniform might give us some clues (just imagine it without black):

Ditch the black keyline (and all of the black on the striping), and you'd have the basis for an excellent alt or primary look (if you're not feeling the red).

No way, the black included looks amazing IMO.

The Avalanche are a franchise that clearly has no clue when it comes to design.  I'm still astounded that they actually managed to make their current set worse, with the navy dominated patches.  They even managed to screw up, what could have been, a solid alternate by putting the flag on the shoulder.  Wouldn't the patches they replaced "foot" with have been perfectly suited for that uniform? 

22 hours ago, roxfan00 said:

No surprises here...the Avs Stadium Series alumni game sweaters.

12745927_10154181091622345_1896331274861072312_n.jpg

I'm surprised that they didn't go with the CCM logo on the yoke, since that was the style when they last won the Cup, and it would also make sense for the Wings since they won it the year after.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

The Avalanche are a franchise that clearly has no clue when it comes to design.  I'm still astounded that they actually managed to make their current set worse, with the navy dominated patches.  They even managed to screw up, what could have been, a solid alternate by putting the flag on the shoulder.  Wouldn't the patches they replaced "foot" with have been perfectly suited for that uniform? 

I like the new state 'C' patch better than the foot on their main jerseys and I guarantee that's an unpopular opinion on here. As for their third, if they would have either put Colorado's actual logo on the front, or the original Rockies logo, that by itself would have been a lot better. Yeah, the yeti foot should have been on their new third instead of that stupid flag. That third jersey needs hem stripes. Just adding hem stripes would make it decent, besides the shoulder "patch" and that terrible new logo of theirs.

41 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I like the new state 'C' patch better than the foot on their main jerseys and I guarantee that's an unpopular opinion on here. As for their third, if they would have either put Colorado's actual logo on the front, or the original Rockies logo, that by itself would have been a lot better. Yeah, the yeti foot should have been on their new third instead of that stupid flag. That third jersey needs hem stripes. Just adding hem stripes would make it decent, besides the shoulder "patch" and that terrible new logo of theirs.

The 'C' patch is primarily navy and is the only instance of that colour on the uniform.  It just looks tacked on.  Similarly, the "Yeti" patch uses the "slate blue' so if you applied it to the third, it would have the same problem.  Should have left the main set alone until it was time for a full overhaul.

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

The 'C' patch is primarily navy and is the only instance of that colour on the uniform.  It just looks tacked on.  Similarly, the "Yeti" patch uses the "slate blue' so if you applied it to the third, it would have the same problem.  Should have left the main set alone until it was time for a full overhaul.

And that's just what the Avs would have done...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, CRichardson said:

I'm surprised that they didn't go with the CCM logo on the yoke, since that was the style when they last won the Cup, and it would also make sense for the Wings since they won it the year after.

I'm guessing those are off-the-rack CCM 550 Vintage replicas. Yes, the Avs jersey is old enough to be sold as a throwback, hi, we're all really really old. It's not like you need fight straps and reinforced elbows for an alumni game, after all.

Extremely CCSLC-y Minutiae Alert: Let's see which version of the "7" Colorado uses on these.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm finally watching the Stadium Series game (I love DVR), and I can't help but think that Chicago's jersey is very modern-barber-pole like. With the sleeve pattern continuing on the socks, it looks like it could be the white version of a future Ottawa jersey and function quite well.

511622386_slide.jpg

Tell me you couldn't see that working, with minimal tweaks.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

On 2016-02-23 at 7:51 PM, McCarthy said:

two out of those three people have the power to make the team wear that jersey full time again and don't.  :(

Sakic and Roy are great players. What they don't have is good taste for hockey uniform aesthetics.

Archived