2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, hockey week said:

Tell me you couldn't see that working, with minimal tweaks.

It's not working.  The entire uniform is completely abysmal.  Particularly the bulky shoulder yokes and the way the sleeve stripes, inexplicably, leave a gap for the secondary logo.

On 2/24/2016 at 1:28 AM, M4One said:

Probably just easier for the players to spot out their teammates.  Other teams have done it before.  I find it strange when teams wear a colour helmet with their white jersey, but it actually looked pretty good for the Blackhawks.

How would a black helmet be easier to spot than a white helmet?

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

^ Black pops out at you more when you have a white background.

Outdoor games really don't have white backgrounds.  If you're talking about the ice or the boards, those really aren't backgrounds...the crowd would still be the background if you're looking down-ice trying to find someone.

If black was easier to spot, then teams wearing white jerseys would have been wearing black helmets since...well, forever.

What's easier to see, the white helmets of the Rangers, or the black helmet of the official?

White helmets are pretty easy to spot in a stadium

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/24/2016 at 9:19 PM, Sodboy13 said:

I'm guessing those are off-the-rack CCM 550 Vintage replicas. Yes, the Avs jersey is old enough to be sold as a throwback, hi, we're all really really old. It's not like you need fight straps and reinforced elbows for an alumni game, after all.

Extremely CCSLC-y Minutiae Alert: Let's see which version of the "7" Colorado uses on these.

Sadly, it's the new version

https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status/702915255274381312

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

I think so, too. But then again, I'm a sucker for an open-topped "4".

I like the new, simplified version they're using on the alternates, but it could really benefit from an outline or two.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

7 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I think so, too. But then again, I'm a sucker for an open-topped "4".

I like the new, simplified version they're using on the alternates, but it could really benefit from an outline or two.

Totally agree but I think the Avalanche would benefit from some completely new jerseys. :P

On 2016-02-23 at 6:33 PM, roxfan00 said:

No surprises here...the Avs Stadium Series alumni game sweaters.

12745927_10154181091622345_1896331274861072312_n.jpg

I gotta say I don't really miss the baggy look of old hockey sweaters that much. Billington in the game looked like he was wearing a huge table cloth.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

4 minutes ago, Orgo said:

I gotta say I don't really miss the baggy look of old hockey sweaters that much. Billington in the game looked like he was wearing a huge table cloth.

I remember something about how some player wanted to look like Modano with the baggy sleeves, and when he finally told Modano about that, Modano said he wore a sweater like 2,3 times to big. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

23 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Outdoor games really don't have white backgrounds.  If you're talking about the ice or the boards, those really aren't backgrounds...the crowd would still be the background if you're looking down-ice trying to find someone.

If black was easier to spot, then teams wearing white jerseys would have been wearing black helmets since...well, forever.

What's easier to see, the white helmets of the Rangers, or the black helmet of the official?

White helmets are pretty easy to spot in a stadium

Using myself as an example. When I'm sinking ships and the sky is a lighter color (ie not night), the dark colored ships tend to pop out at me more and are easier to grab and drag underwater. There were times where a light colored ship has sailed right past me and I didn't even notice it.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/wvrio8.jpg

As you can see i'm having trouble grabbing the ship with the white sails while I'm grabbing the ship with the dark sails quite easily. Its all about contrast. So I also thought this would be the case with hockey players and their helmet colors.

The Catch of the Day!

512564050.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 hour ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Using myself as an example. When I'm sinking ships and the sky is a lighter color (ie not night), the dark colored ships tend to pop out at me more and are easier to grab and drag underwater. There were times where a light colored ship has sailed right past me and I didn't even notice it.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/wvrio8.jpg

As you can see i'm having trouble grabbing the ship with the white sails while I'm grabbing the ship with the dark sails quite easily. Its all about contrast. So I also thought this would be the case with hockey players and their helmet colors.

I don't know how to put this nicely, GPO, but with 8 arms you should be able to snag more than one ship at a time.

A good kraken would've bagged both boats and a few of those gulls without breaking a sweat.

...But maybe the problem here is not about contrast.

I notice the clipper that's farther away has eluded your grasp.

Perhaps you are short-sighted.

I'd get that checked out because your performance right now...is kinda sucking.

Archived