2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

39 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Anyone wanna slap the old Lightning logos on my concept? I'm too lazy tonight.

The logo was the least of my issues. I hate that jersey.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

A few changes needed to be made in order for that jersey to work, but you're on the right track. 

I think that if it had a blue tail stripe, it would be perfect...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

9 hours ago, Morgo said:

I hope Anaheim will be...  they haven't looked that good since switching from the mighty ducks branding.

Who would take them seriously come playoff time? The big tough Ducks come at you and you see a Disney cartoon on the front of their jerseys. I'd laugh myself silly.

This is what I would see instead of Ryan Getzlaf

http://www.playrific.com/images/media/goofy_ice_hockey.png

The Catch of the Day!

3 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Who would take them seriously come playoff time? The big tough Ducks come at you and you see a Disney cartoon on the front of their jerseys. I'd laugh myself silly.

That is about as far from reality as any post you've ever made.  The third jersey has a real hockey logo, while the main set has a bland proprietary letter that barely resembles a duck foot.  The third jersey has a classy striping template while the main set is all over the place.  Also, Orange > Black.

18 minutes ago, Morgo said:

That is about as far from reality as any post you've ever made.  The third jersey has a real hockey logo, while the main set has a bland proprietary letter that barely resembles a duck foot.  The third jersey has a classy striping template while the main set is all over the place.  Also, Orange > Black.

I don't know what ducks feet you've been looking at. Yes, it's not shaped perfectly like a duck's foot, because it's supposed to be a "D" AND a duck foot. It's a perfect logo for a team named the Ducks... The mask logo is a decent logo, but it has a very minor league feel to it. Yes I like it, Yes I like the orange jersey, but No, the Mighty Ducks logo is not better than the "D" logo. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

13 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I don't know what ducks feet you've been looking at. Yes, it's not shaped perfectly like a duck's foot, because it's supposed to be a "D" AND a duck foot. It's a perfect logo for a team named the Ducks... The mask logo is a decent logo, but it has a very minor league feel to it. Yes I like it, Yes I like the orange jersey, but No, the Mighty Ducks logo is not better than the "D" logo. 

Does that look anything like a "D" or the logo?  They were obviously reaching when they made that flimsy connection.  Also, are we looking at an actual foot or a footprint, and if the former is true, where is the leg?  I'll take a duck shaped goalie mask over a poor representation of a foot any day...

zjHCBD5.jpg

Just now, Morgo said:

Does that look anything like a "D" or the logo?  They were obviously reaching when they made that flimsy connection.  Also, are we looking at an actual foot or a footprint, and if the former is true, where is the leg?  I'll take a duck shaped goalie mask over a poor representation of a foot any day...

zjHCBD5.jpg

If you want to get super technical and literal, then why is the mask shaped like that? The goalie is going to get hit in the mouth. AND COME ON! Ducks don't play hockey!!! And where's the eggplant? Why is it yellow? They didn't use yellow. 

See? Your over-bias towards the mighty ducks logo makes you think that the duck foot "D" is awful. 

1.gif

1651_anaheim_ducks-primary-2014.gif

12 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

If you want to get super technical and literal, then why is the mask shaped like that? The goalie is going to get hit in the mouth. AND COME ON! Ducks don't play hockey!!! And where's the eggplant? Why is it yellow? They didn't use yellow. 

See? Your over-bias towards the mighty ducks logo makes you think that the duck foot "D" is awful. 

The logo is definitely cartoon-like and not literal.  But that's what gives it charm, kind of like the skating penguin.  Who says the logo needs eggplant and who says the jerseys need yellow.  Those alternates prove that restraining yellow to the logo was absolutely the right move.

I don't think the webbed D is awful.  I just don't think it's nearly as good as the mask logo or even good enough to get primary status.  I don't mind it as a shoulder patch on the alternate.

3 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The logo is definitely cartoon-like and not literal.  But that's what gives it charm, kind of like the skating penguin.  Who says the logo needs eggplant and who says the jerseys need yellow.  Those alternates prove that restraining yellow to the logo was absolutely the right move.

I don't think the webbed D is awful.  I just don't think it's nearly as good as the mask logo or even good enough to get primary status.  I don't mind it as a shoulder patch on the alternate.

I guess it's my unpopular opinion that the "D" foot is better than... 

4 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Goofy's actually kind of a badass.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

10 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Even when I agree with Morgo's initial thesis his argument style turns me away.

I get a similar feeling, funny enough.

I think both logos are solid, but the recoloured Duck Mask used on the orange alt is the strongest version IMO. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived