Jump to content

2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes


BigBubba

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Morgo said:

I hope Anaheim will be...  they haven't looked that good since switching from the mighty ducks branding.

 

Who would take them seriously come playoff time? The big tough Ducks come at you and you see a Disney cartoon on the front of their jerseys. I'd laugh myself silly.

This is what I would see instead of Ryan Getzlaf

http://www.playrific.com/images/media/goofy_ice_hockey.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

 

Who would take them seriously come playoff time? The big tough Ducks come at you and you see a Disney cartoon on the front of their jerseys. I'd laugh myself silly.

This is what I would see instead of Ryan Getzlaf

http://www.playrific.com/images/media/goofy_ice_hockey.png

 

That is about as far from reality as any post you've ever made.  The third jersey has a real hockey logo, while the main set has a bland proprietary letter that barely resembles a duck foot.  The third jersey has a classy striping template while the main set is all over the place.  Also, Orange > Black.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Morgo said:

 

That is about as far from reality as any post you've ever made.  The third jersey has a real hockey logo, while the main set has a bland proprietary letter that barely resembles a duck foot.  The third jersey has a classy striping template while the main set is all over the place.  Also, Orange > Black.

I don't know what ducks feet you've been looking at. Yes, it's not shaped perfectly like a duck's foot, because it's supposed to be a "D" AND a duck foot. It's a perfect logo for a team named the Ducks... The mask logo is a decent logo, but it has a very minor league feel to it. Yes I like it, Yes I like the orange jersey, but No, the Mighty Ducks logo is not better than the "D" logo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I don't know what ducks feet you've been looking at. Yes, it's not shaped perfectly like a duck's foot, because it's supposed to be a "D" AND a duck foot. It's a perfect logo for a team named the Ducks... The mask logo is a decent logo, but it has a very minor league feel to it. Yes I like it, Yes I like the orange jersey, but No, the Mighty Ducks logo is not better than the "D" logo. 

 

Does that look anything like a "D" or the logo?  They were obviously reaching when they made that flimsy connection.  Also, are we looking at an actual foot or a footprint, and if the former is true, where is the leg?  I'll take a duck shaped goalie mask over a poor representation of a foot any day...

 

zjHCBD5.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Morgo said:

 

Does that look anything like a "D" or the logo?  They were obviously reaching when they made that flimsy connection.  Also, are we looking at an actual foot or a footprint, and if the former is true, where is the leg?  I'll take a duck shaped goalie mask over a poor representation of a foot any day...

 

zjHCBD5.jpg

If you want to get super technical and literal, then why is the mask shaped like that? The goalie is going to get hit in the mouth. AND COME ON! Ducks don't play hockey!!! And where's the eggplant? Why is it yellow? They didn't use yellow. 

See? Your over-bias towards the mighty ducks logo makes you think that the duck foot "D" is awful. 

 

1.gif

1651_anaheim_ducks-primary-2014.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

If you want to get super technical and literal, then why is the mask shaped like that? The goalie is going to get hit in the mouth. AND COME ON! Ducks don't play hockey!!! And where's the eggplant? Why is it yellow? They didn't use yellow. 

See? Your over-bias towards the mighty ducks logo makes you think that the duck foot "D" is awful. 

 

The logo is definitely cartoon-like and not literal.  But that's what gives it charm, kind of like the skating penguin.  Who says the logo needs eggplant and who says the jerseys need yellow.  Those alternates prove that restraining yellow to the logo was absolutely the right move.

 

I don't think the webbed D is awful.  I just don't think it's nearly as good as the mask logo or even good enough to get primary status.  I don't mind it as a shoulder patch on the alternate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Morgo said:

 

The logo is definitely cartoon-like and not literal.  But that's what gives it charm, kind of like the skating penguin.  Who says the logo needs eggplant and who says the jerseys need yellow.  Those alternates prove that restraining yellow to the logo was absolutely the right move.

 

I don't think the webbed D is awful.  I just don't think it's nearly as good as the mask logo or even good enough to get primary status.  I don't mind it as a shoulder patch on the alternate.

I guess it's my unpopular opinion that the "D" foot is better than... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

 

Who would take them seriously come playoff time? The big tough Ducks come at you and you see a Disney cartoon on the front of their jerseys. I'd laugh myself silly.

This is what I would see instead of Ryan Getzlaf

http://www.playrific.com/images/media/goofy_ice_hockey.png

 

Goofy's actually kind of a badass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Even when I agree with Morgo's initial thesis his argument style turns me away.

 

I get a similar feeling, funny enough.

 

I think both logos are solid, but the recoloured Duck Mask used on the orange alt is the strongest version IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.