2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current logo doesn't need to go away entirely, it's very expensive to change all these things. Just tweaking the colors, and you get something decent, splitting the original look with the Colorado third jersey.

Tampa%20Bay%20avs%20third%20based%20set_

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

6 minutes ago, hockey week said:

The current logo doesn't need to go away entirely, it's very expensive to change all these things. Just tweaking the colors, and you get something decent, splitting the original look with the Colorado third jersey.

Tampa%20Bay%20avs%20third%20based%20set_

I really like the away, the home on the other hand. No.

I don;t think there's anyway that logo could work with two colors, I haven't seen a single goo interpretation of it.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

It's on the right track...

The issue is that you need silver. One team to do this colour scheme justice, in all honesty.. was the Danbury Trashers of the UHL. I'm actually working on a Tampa Bay concept now.... 

Thanks for the inspiration. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

7 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

It's on the right track...

The issue is that you need silver. One team to do this colour scheme justice, in all honesty.. was the Danbury Trashers of the UHL. I'm actually working on a Tampa Bay concept now.... 

Thanks for the inspiration. 

This is teamwork right here! Let's crowdsource this problem until we figure out what Tampa Bay should look like!

1c52239853e9548c-630x447.jpg 

DSCF0004.jpg

the Trashers, for reference. It seems that the key to making this work is black-silver-blue-white in every instance. That order of things is supported in the stripes, numbers, and even the logo's lettering, on both jerseys. In fact, it's not there on the collar, and that's the part that looks the worst. If silver is a must for this team (and I'm not so sure it is, but it seems like the consensus here), I think that's the method by which it has to be done.

Putting a silver drop shadow and/or silver highlights on my logo would be enough to work, but that's subjective as well.

But I also really liked the juxtaposition of a black shoulder yoke on white and a white yoke on black without anything in between on the original Lightning jerseys.

On 3/3/2016 at 2:54 PM, Morgo said:

Seconded.  They may have never had a good logo but that one is easily the worst of the three.  I've always maintained the most interesting thing about their former identity was the use of metallic silver.  Blue and black can look especially drab together and the silver added some much needed flash.  It was especially fitting for a team called the 'Lightning.'

As for the current identity, nothing about it says 'Lightning' to me.  The logos are far too static and simplistic to represent that namesake and the colour palette has the same issue.  I guess actual Lightning is hard to represent with a few colours but the old look did a pretty good job.

Their current look needs to go. It is way too boring and looks like Toronto. As for that Lightning concept with the new Avalanche third jersey template, I don't like it but it is much better than their current third unfortunately. 

20 hours ago, Morgo said:

I hope Anaheim will be...  they haven't looked that good since switching from the mighty ducks branding.

Their new third could be tweaked a little in my opinion but I totally agree, though I like their new road jersey.

I had done this. Slight difference to yours in the collar. 

TBL_zpsnspyxpl9.png

Make the striping on the arms smaller and make a matching hem stripe and I think this would be a decent jersey and a helluva big improvement over all three of their jerseys. 

2 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

This has most definitely been done before but since I dont have an image of it, I took it upon myself to show what they should go with

Tampa Bay FIX UP - TAYLOR ROY.png

Better than their current jerseys but needs a bit more.

29 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

This has most definitely been done before but since I dont have an image of it, I took it upon myself to show what they should go with

Tampa Bay FIX UP - TAYLOR ROY.png

The problem with that concept is that the logo is monochrome and the striping has 3 layers of color.

This is another concept that could use the old logo instead.

http://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2016/2/22/bolt-of-blue I like this recent Icethetics concept. Imagine that with the black and white Lightning concept jersey posted on here as the third. Or even the black jersey, with a matching road, and this blue jersey as an alternate. The Lightning would look a hell of a lot better, my goodness.

36 minutes ago, twi said:

Not NHL, but the Kamloops Blazers of the WHL are wearing a current day version of Cooperalls. On NHL Network right now. Pretty weird sight to see. 

DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE FLYERS ARE GOING TO BRING THEM BACK FOR THEIR 50th ANNIVERSARY???!!!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

21 hours ago, Morgo said:

That is about as far from reality as any post you've ever made.  The third jersey has a real hockey logo, while the main set has a bland proprietary letter that barely resembles a duck foot.  The third jersey has a classy striping template while the main set is all over the place.  Also, Orange > Black.

I got no problem with the jersey itself. That orange jersey is pretty sharp. If it had the D logo on the front.

But as long as that Disney branding is on the front. I don't see Ryan Getzlaf or Ryan Kesler or Frederik Andersen.

I see this

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/64/6401/1AH9100Z/posters/mickey-mouse-and-friends-ice-hockey.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

17 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

But as long as that Disney branding is on the front. I don't see Ryan Getzlaf or Ryan Kesler or Frederik Andersen.

I see this

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/64/6401/1AH9100Z/posters/mickey-mouse-and-friends-ice-hockey.jpg

Then you need your eyes tested.

Either that or you need to see the Squid Psychiatrist about your traumatic childhood encounter with Rubberduckzilla.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

http://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2016/2/22/bolt-of-blue I like this recent Icethetics concept. Imagine that with the black and white Lightning concept jersey posted on here as the third. Or even the black jersey, with a matching road, and this blue jersey as an alternate. The Lightning would look a hell of a lot better, my goodness.

Yup that's where I've seen it before.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Archived