2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I can't ever remember a goalie switching masks in the middle of the playoffs before. That's weird.

But I guess the masks are fitted and formed to each goalie's head nowadays so it probably doesn't throw him off as much as goalies of the past. (Although that blown three-goal lead though.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching the Erie Otters play the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds (who look like Detroit) and I can't help but thinking, why aren't these jerseys the Sabres' thirds? They're perfect, truly perfect as a third, and they could even use the Buffalo script logo that everyone loved on the 40th anniversary jerseys. Carbon copy or not, on a national stage it would be perfect.

Connor-McDavid-Buffalo-640x434.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm watching the Erie Otters play the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds (who look like Detroit) and I can't help but thinking, why aren't these jerseys the Sabres' thirds? They're perfect, truly perfect as a third, and they could even use the Buffalo script logo that everyone loved on the 40th anniversary jerseys. Carbon copy or not, on a national stage it would be perfect.

Connor-McDavid-Buffalo-640x434.jpg

Because the Sabres will find a way to screw it up.

2lx6s6o.jpg

Of course they will, it's what they do.

I think the Sabres should worry about fixing their main set before unveiling a new alternate. Going back to Royal Blue is the only thing that's going to make up for all the recent uniform gaffe's IMO.

I think the Sabres should worry about fixing their main set before unveiling a new alternate. Going back to Royal Blue is the only thing that's going to make up for all the recent uniform gaffe's IMO.

I think navy works for the Sabres. It contrasts better with their gold, and the league has enough royal blue teams that sticking to navy isn't missing out on something.

They just need to ditch the silver piping

I think navy works for the Sabres. It contrasts better with their gold, and the league has enough royal blue teams that sticking to navy isn't missing out on something.

They just need to ditch the silver piping...

...and front numbers.

They just need to ditch the silver piping

No doubt ditching the piping and pit stains would also result in a great looking set. How very "Sabres" of them to ruin what could be perfection in such a blatant way.

I'm gonna bump these back up here, for anyone who hasn't seem them or if someone wants to take another look at them.

I fixed up all the flaws from the Sabres home jerseys in Photoshop, to illustrate what they should have done to look good on the ice...

184632653_slide_zps2c811d08.jpg

184632472_slide_zpsef32bae3.jpg

canes_zpsbf712bb5.png

I hate the dark blue, honestly.

Must prefer royal to this midnight, or whatever it is called

Also, is there a reason why the stripes(and this is in general) are fabric sewn onto the jersey, rather than just sublimated?

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Now that Lou Lamoriello is gone, maybe the Devils will finally add a black alternate jersey ! Hopefully they will or they'll just put the St-Pats jersey the alternate status

He's not gone. He's still the president of the team.

yeah, you won't see any change to the Devils uniform until Lou is in the grave. :)

Not sure where to put this but watching the live AHL-Jets news conference and the Manitoba Moose are back in the AHL. Logo is the same but recoloured in Jets colours and the jersey is the same as the parent club.

jerseys-logo.jpgjerseys-logo.jpg

Manitoba Moose is a much cooler name than Winnipeg Jets. That should have been their NHL identity instead of bringing back a name associated with a team that never won one playoff game past the fist round of the playoffs. This would have given them a much better and unique identity.

The Catch of the Day!

Archived