2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original Moose identity should have been adapted. Would have given the franchise a wholly original colour scheme.

The original Moose identity, to me, screamed San jose Sharks, whose colours are used by the San Jose Baracuda.

Still though, that duplication would have been fine, seeing how there is good for more than one red/white/blue team in both the NHL and AHL, and most leagues in general

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The Jets moniker was the preferred name for the paying spectators in Winnipeg. Despite the original Jets lack of success, anything other than that name would have been a major letdown for the fans. Those people wanted to see the Jets come back ever since they'd left in 1996,

thecatch.jpg

anyone have a bead on the new isles third, outside of the fact that it's going to be black-and-white?

I saw someone somewhere, can't remember exactly where, or which site, saying that their new third jersey might be nothing more than a black and white version of their Stadium Series Jersey that's just been retired. That would be nice, however, it is the New York Islanders we are talking about. Don't take this as an actual legit rumour, because I honestly have no idea. I'm just saying what I have heard in recent weeks. Hopefully it is true, unless they come up with a new look that's awesome, though I have my doubts that it will be.

The original Moose identity should have been adapted. Would have given the franchise a wholly original colour scheme.

The original Moose identity, to me, screamed San jose Sharks, whose colours are used by the San Jose Baracuda.

The jerseys screamed San Jose Sharks? I know you can't be talking about the colours...

anyone have a bead on the new isles third, outside of the fact that it's going to be black-and-white?

I saw someone somewhere, can't remember exactly where, or which site, saying that their new third jersey might be nothing more than a black and white version of their Stadium Series Jersey that's just been retired. That would be nice, however, it is the New York Islanders we are talking about. Don't take this as an actual legit rumour, because I honestly have no idea. I'm just saying what I have heard in recent weeks. Hopefully it is true, unless they come up with a new look that's awesome, though I have my doubts that it will be.

i wouldn't be surprised if they used the NY stadium series mark as the crest, but i'd be surprised if it was a straight re-color.

personally, i think if they knew the stadium series jerseys would have been this popular, they would have just committed to keeping them.

sig2024.png

Someone wrote on Twitter today that all of the Avalanche's jerseys, and no other team's jerseys, are on sale on NHL Shop. Please let it be a sign.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

i wouldn't be surprised if they used the NY stadium series mark as the crest, but i'd be surprised if it was a straight re-color.

personally, i think if they knew the stadium series jerseys would have been this popular, they would have just committed to keeping them.

I'd be surprised if they did too, but for me, it would be a pleasant surprise. :P The only reason they are changing their third jersey is because they are moving to Brooklyn. I think it's a bit of a shame that they are getting rid of that jersey because in my opinion, it is the best alternate they have worn since they started wearing a third jersey.

Someone wrote on Twitter today that all of the Avalanche's jerseys, and no other team's jerseys, are on sale on NHL Shop. Please let it be a sign.

Fingers crossed. I'm hoping the Avalanche will pull a Dallas and come up with a completely new look.

Linden said in the pre-season the Canucks were exploring another new look, and even released a Johnny Canuck "fashion jersey".

display.jpg

Right because they need another jersey change...the current ones look like trash so this would be an upgrade, it would make walking around downtown during game nights easier on the eyes than the moronic "Vancouver" jerseys I see here in Van.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Ok. I switched to the US site, and it got it now.

Offtopic but I had to do that with my hockey coverage. As a loyal fan of CBC HNIC for almost 3 decades I was so disgusted with the new lineup of hosts and analysts that I was being forced to watch/listen too, that I ordered the NHL Center Ice package.
Isn't it sad I have to watch Foxsports Florida and Foxsports Carolina to watch good hockey coverage in the land of hockey?
And I must say best damned decision I ever made. I really love Fox's coverage (they actually have the shots on goal stats next to the scoreboard) and I don't have to have this thing
actu-george-stroumboulopoulos-02.jpg?w=6
staring back at me fumbling and mumbling through his lines.

The Catch of the Day!

Old news. No changes are officially in the works... yet. Hopefully that green fashion jersey never sees the ice.

Hopefully the Orca will make its way out the door soon too.

Don't say things like that.

I don't care what the Orca does really, as long as the stick-in-rink stays on the shoulders. All they need to do in terms of logos right now is to remove that big 'VANCOUVER' from their sweater, at least on the home. The Orca on the blue sweater could also use a recolour IMO.

Old news. No changes are officially in the works... yet. Hopefully that green fashion jersey never sees the ice.

Hopefully the Orca will make its way out the door soon too.
Don't say things like that.
I don't care what the Orca does really, as long as the stick-in-rink stays on the shoulders. All they need to do in terms of logos right now is to remove that big 'VANCOUVER' from their sweater, at least on the home. The Orca on the blue sweater could also use a recolour IMO.

The 'VANCOUVER', while certainly not my favourite design element is the least of the problems that logo has

Archived