2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Old news. No changes are officially in the works... yet. Hopefully that green fashion jersey never sees the ice.

Hopefully the Orca will make its way out the door soon too.
Don't say things like that.
I don't care what the Orca does really, as long as the stick-in-rink stays on the shoulders. All they need to do in terms of logos right now is to remove that big 'VANCOUVER' from their sweater, at least on the home. The Orca on the blue sweater could also use a recolour IMO.

The 'VANCOUVER', while certainly not my favourite design element is the least of the problems that logo has

The Orca has run it's course, the stick-in-rink looks great on the shoulders but horribly dated anywhere else, and I seem to be the only one who doesn't want the Johnny Canuck to see anywhere near the light of day on a sweater. I think the Nucks are good for a rebrand, it'd be interesting to see a return to the black-yellow-red scheme and see a move away from another blue team in Canada; but something else along the lines of their aboriginal history could turn out really nice as well.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old news. No changes are officially in the works... yet. Hopefully that green fashion jersey never sees the ice.

Hopefully the Orca will make its way out the door soon too.
Don't say things like that.
I don't care what the Orca does really, as long as the stick-in-rink stays on the shoulders. All they need to do in terms of logos right now is to remove that big 'VANCOUVER' from their sweater, at least on the home. The Orca on the blue sweater could also use a recolour IMO.

The 'VANCOUVER', while certainly not my favourite design element is the least of the problems that logo has

The Orca has run it's course, the stick-in-rink looks great on the shoulders but horribly dated anywhere else, and I seem to be the only one who doesn't want the Johnny Canuck to see anywhere near the light of day on a sweater. I think the Nucks are good for a rebrand, it'd be interesting to see a return to the black-yellow-red scheme and see a move away from another blue team in Canada; but something else along the lines of their aboriginal history could turn out really nice as well.

If there's one thing pretty much every Canuck fan agrees on is that while everyone has a differing opinion on the logos, the colour scheme should never be touched again, its perfect as is.

Those were pretty good. The logo sucked, but the colors were unique. However, the Canucks have had almost every known color in their set at some point (blue, green, orange, two shades of red, yellow/gold, black, silver, not to mention the gradient). They need to just stick with one. They should've stuck with the black-red-gold after experiencing some success and getting some exposure in 94, but they scrapped it for the navy-red-silver, which wasn't bad. And after 10 years, scrapped that again for the blue and green. JUST STICK WITH SOMETHING!!!

There's no question that the blue and green represents the team best. They had it right the first time. The VANCOUVER is completely unnecessary, at least on the home. The home fans know where they are.

As far as logos, the Orca is fine. It represents the region, had underlying aboriginal symbolism, is a powerful animal and looks good on a sweater. Much better than a picture of a hockey stick or a skate made with graphics from the movie Tron or a lumberjack or a giant V. They've had some decent success the past 20 years with the Orca. If for nothing else, just keep it for the sake of having established a brand finally after 45 years in the league.

sig.png

I wonder if that skating logo can be modernized and maybe be on the blue & green jersey?? or just stick with the Orca logo but not with that wordmark above *that is a bit old now* somehow?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

If Linden has his druthers, you guys will be back in the Bure era black, red, and gold's in no time. {personally I loved that look)

Linden_Trevor2.jpg

As fond as my memories of that uniform are, just no. There is no need for the Canucks to ever change their colours again... or their striping for that matter. The Orca and script need to go, everything else is fine.

Those were pretty good. The logo sucked, but the colors were unique. However, the Canucks have had almost every known color in their set at some point (blue, green, orange, two shades of red, yellow/gold, black, silver, not to mention the gradient). They need to just stick with one. They should've stuck with the black-red-gold after experiencing some success and getting some exposure in 94, but they scrapped it for the navy-red-silver, which wasn't bad. And after 10 years, scrapped that again for the blue and green. JUST STICK WITH SOMETHING!!!

There's no question that the blue and green represents the team best. They had it right the first time. The VANCOUVER is completely unnecessary, at least on the home. The home fans know where they are.

As far as logos, the Orca is fine. It represents the region, had underlying aboriginal symbolism, is a powerful animal and looks good on a sweater. Much better than a picture of a hockey stick or a skate made with graphics from the movie Tron or a lumberjack or a giant V. They've had some decent success the past 20 years with the Orca. If for nothing else, just keep it for the sake of having established a brand finally after 45 years in the league.

Even if you completely ignore the "orca is not a canuck" argument, the Orca is still probably the most poorly designed logo in the league.

My main problem with Vancouver's jersey is the colour imbalance on the road. The stripe would be G/W/B/W/G, not B/W/G/W/B. Blue is the primary colour, not green.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

My main problem with Vancouver's jersey is the colour imbalance on the road. The stripe would be G/W/B/W/G, not B/W/G/W/B. Blue is the primary colour, not green.

I think it looks perfect the way it is. Keeping the striping that way makes for a consistent 'motif' so to speak across both sets. Also, given the complete absence of green in the numbers and logo, along with the blue forearms and pants, it helps keep the colours balanced. While you are correct that blue is the primary colour, green is an extremely important secondary colour, not some tertiary throwaway one.

Someone wrote on Twitter today that all of the Avalanche's jerseys, and no other team's jerseys, are on sale on NHL Shop. Please let it be a sign.

Fingers crossed. I'm hoping the Avalanche will pull a Dallas and come up with a completely new look.

Even if the Avs are planning changes, I wouldn't expect something as drastic as what the Stars did. Much like Edmonton and the Islanders, Colorado clings on to their glory days, as evidenced by the fact that they pretty much gave Sakic and Roy the keys to the organization. I'm sure the logos, colour scheme, and most likely name/number font will be staying the same. If anything they'll follow the path taken by St. Louis and simply correct the mistakes they made in the switch over to Edge. I hope they put a greater emphasis on black so that the pants and helmets don't look so out of place. These uniforms had a perfect colour balance, they just needed a logo instead of diagonal script.

Colorado-Avalanche-Maroon-Alternate-Jers

Someone wrote on Twitter today that all of the Avalanche's jerseys, and no other team's jerseys, are on sale on NHL Shop. Please let it be a sign.

Fingers crossed. I'm hoping the Avalanche will pull a Dallas and come up with a completely new look.

Even if the Avs are planning changes, I wouldn't expect something as drastic as what the Stars did. Much like Edmonton and the Islanders, Colorado clings on to their glory days, as evidenced by the fact that they pretty much gave Sakic and Roy the keys to the organization. I'm sure the logos, colour scheme, and most likely name/number font will be staying the same. If anything they'll follow the path taken by St. Louis and simply correct the mistakes they made in the switch over to Edge. I hope they put a greater emphasis on black so that the pants and helmets don't look so out of place. These uniforms had a perfect colour balance, they just needed a logo instead of diagonal script.

Colorado-Avalanche-Maroon-Alternate-Jers

I personally wish that they'd go back to the Mountain jersey, with a little bit of new flair.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I'm just hoping at some point the Capitals decide to make a red version of these. Watching the Caps play the Rangers in their throwbacks has been a treat:

ovechkin3.jpg

and you can't tell me, during the regular season, this wasn't a treat as well:

Capitals%20Penguins%20Hockey-2.jpg?ve=1&

I just hope, at some point, Washington and Pittsburgh wake up.

....and Calgary, bring these back for alternates:

142635012_slide.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'm just hoping at some point the Capitals decide to make a red version of these. Watching the Caps play the Rangers in their throwbacks has been a treat:

and you can't tell me, during the regular season, this wasn't a treat as well:

Capitals%20Penguins%20Hockey-2.jpg?ve=1&

Yep. Especially considering how bad this match-up normally looks.

ovechkin3.jpg

Can't Reebok just make the sleeves longer for Ovechkin so he doesn't have to add extra material and screw up the design? He's got 7 stars on each arm instead of the regular 5. His home and road jersey have extra material added on them past the cuff too.

Edit: just looking at pictures from the past three seasons and I guess the NHL actually started enforcing this last season, so I'm late to the party. Here he is during 2012-13:

RDesVTF.jpg

They wore red pants with those jerseys for the first year (74-75), plus I think it looks a bit better than blue.

I agree. The red pants keep them from looking too much like the Habs' roads.

Just looking at the shirseys...

I think we have heard rumblings of most of the TBDs...but new Lightning alternate on the way?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/adidas-team/SLD_Licensed/NHL/2016/NHL_SP16_RBKCCM_INLINE/index.html#?page=38

Unfortunately, that's not happening. The NHL's rule on alternate jerseys is that you have to wear your alternate for two seasons before you can change it again. That's why the Buffalo Sabres continued to burn their fans eyes with the Turd Burger this season. They had to wear that for two seasons. Speaking of Tampa's Kings Jersey, I noticed a lot of fans wearing it yesterday against Montreal. Does anyone know if that's part of their Season Ticket Holder Jersey Giveaway?

Archived