2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

If the Coyotes relocate, they may have to be called the ______ Coyotes, like how Dallas was initially stuck with the name (fans voted to keep it).

Not if they move to Quebec City. That would never be accepted.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Coyotes have to move and it's to Seattle or Las Vegas, that's fine. Keep the name until they move into the new building. That way, you can take the time to come up with a solid name and look instead of rushing. Take a page out of the Tennessee Titans' playbook for their first couple of years after the move from Houston.

As for the Blackhawks red concept Lights Out came up with; it looks good, but I don't see a need to change anything. Slight differences are fine. It's when you have a Minnesota Wild situation that is too much.

I've long thought the Blackhawks should switch to something like this...

AQHTG9s.png

...and wear the black sweater primarily at home, making the red one a sparingly-used alternate.

The red one is not that bad, but if one team needs no change at all, it's the Blackhawks. They have unanimously one of the best 3 looks in hockey, and almost in sports in general.

I've long thought the Blackhawks should switch to something like this...

AQHTG9s.png

...and wear the black sweater primarily at home, making the red one a sparingly-used alternate.

What? No. Gross. Stop it.

The Blackhawks have one of the best sets, if not the best, in all of sports.

ALL. of. Sports.

Yeah. Those changes kill the essence of the hawks' red jersey that they've worn for over 50 years.

Let St. Cloud State be all matchy matchy, but the Chicago Blackhawks are fine as it is. I don't even think they need an alternate. Stick with the red and white.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Still think it would've looked better had they kept the double arm stripes (they changed to the current single stripe in the mid-sixties):

1961_blackhawks_900.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If the Coyotes relocate, they may have to be called the ______ Coyotes, like how Dallas was initially stuck with the name (fans voted to keep it).

Not if they move to Quebec City. That would never be accepted..

Not the point of it being accepted, but the point there would just not be enough time to order and develop new gear.

The Jets barley had time to do everything. They did not even have jerseys on sale until half way through their first season.

I also do not think Quebec will get a team from the west, they'll likely be from FLA

Well the Kings managed to fix the waist striping on black somewhere. So props for that.

If only they'd fixed it before the two championships... Uniform would be substantially improved

He's saying they should ideally be in royal too. To which I wholly disagree.

Not sure that's what he said. "The Capitals should be in navy"..."So should the Sabres and the Jets".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived