2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, the Lightning jerseys are boring and O6 rip-offs, but where did the revisionist history come from where their inaugural jerseys are anything but hideous? The logo is one of the worst in NHL history, the template is just as boring as the new one, and the three colours blend together horribly. At least the new ones aren't an eyesore, and honestly if they added black trim they'd be pretty damn good.

Lightning11.png

The above set was anything but an eyesore. I'll agree the logo is poor but besides that, I fail to see any problems. The colours were perfect for a team called "Lightning" and were wholly original to the NHL. The striping was derivative sure, but the colours went a long way towards rectifying that.

If the Dolts win the Cup in their current trash, they'll never change.

I hope your right , i like em.
His right what? (The word you need to use instead is you're)

As for me, I've made my opinion of the current Lightning uniforms quite clear.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

The Preds just unveiled the 2016 All Star logo. All-Star-logo-unveil-web_zpsqecrg7ik.jpg

I think it looks very nice. it includes the 3 stars from the flag and logo, a nice, western/country style text, and some extra little things added all inside the guitar pick shape of the alternate logo. I really like how this logo turned out 9/10.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

The Preds just unveiled the 2016 All Star logo. All-Star-logo-unveil-web_zpsqecrg7ik.jpg

I think it looks very nice. it includes the 3 stars from the flag and logo, a nice, western/country style text, and some extra little things added all inside the guitar pick shape of the alternate logo. I really like how this logo turned out 9/10.

Absolutely fantastic. Love it.

Look, the Lightning jerseys are boring and O6 rip-offs, but where did the revisionist history come from where their inaugural jerseys are anything but hideous? The logo is one of the worst in NHL history, the template is just as boring as the new one, and the three colours blend together horribly. At least the new ones aren't an eyesore, and honestly if they added black trim they'd be pretty damn good.

Lightning11.png

I've never understood the love for those either. The victory stripes were the only interesting part. I've long thought that a black/blue/silver version of this would be perfect for them:

MJUJhLh.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Outstanding work. 5 (**)

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

My only gripe with it is the awkward location of the NHL logo, but I don't really know where else it could go. 9/10 as it is, 9.5/10 without the NHL shield.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Lightning11.png

Those weren't great, but there is potential.

The striping actually works for me. It's everything they wanted out of the current set- traditional and simple. Where is excels is in the area of not looking like the striping pattern of an existing team.

The logo set is a mess, but they fixed that with the Edge set (the only improvement that set made). Colour-wise? Black and royal blue do bleed into each other, but the team didn't start with royal blue. Their original shade of blue was the lighter Detroit Lions-esque Honolulu blue.

So I guess what I'm saying is this. Take this uniform, use the Edge era logo set, and replace royal blue with Honolulu blue. Boom.

If the Dolts win the Cup in their current trash, they'll never change.

Regardless, I'm still rooting for them.

9.5/10

The NHL logo is awkwardly placed, but the navy and gold mesh so well together.

As I've said in the past, I think the Lightning should've taken their Edge logo, their Edge alternate, slapped the logo onto it, and remove the piping.

lightningquickmockup_zps4d029d88.png

White version of that for the roads, black alternate, and there ya go. Alas..

Aside from the pit stains (why not make the panels blue?), that is beautiful!

Lightning11.png

Those weren't great, but there is potential.

The striping actually works for me. It's everything they wanted out of the current set- traditional and simple. Where is excels is in the area of not looking like the striping pattern of an existing team.

The logo set is a mess, but they fixed that with the Edge set (the only improvement that set made). Colour-wise? Black and royal blue do bleed into each other, but the team didn't start with royal blue. Their original shade of blue was the lighter Detroit Lions-esque Honolulu blue.

So I guess what I'm saying is this. Take this uniform, use the Edge era logo set, and replace royal blue with Honolulu blue. Boom.

Not sure which pants you wanted so i kept them plain black.

Lightning_zpsq1myvgez.png

Archived