2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

The secondary on the Bruins' third is blue and yellow to match their flag now, I'm guessing? Dumb.

I think it was just an error in colors on the page. The Sharks' colors in the Reebok catalog were a little jacked up too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their original color scheme was great, but as simple as their new scheme is, it does work. Adding black would do wonders, as well as incorporating that motif striping.

Any news on the logo? Staying the same?

The Coyotes are not changing their logo. As for their jerseys, it could be as small as adding hem stripes all the way to a completely new jersey style. Somebody on here (I think, could be wrong.) mentioned that the Coyotes might be switching to a black home jersey.

https://twitter.com/MikeChambers/status/606527246992613378

Minor changes to the Avs jerseys to be unveiled at the NHL draft.

I hope it's at least the removal of the apron... Last time back in 2007 they said the changes were "minor" going into the Edge system. So who knows.

If this change was significant, it would have appeared on the Reebok Catalog saying the home and road jerseys are changing. At most, it will be a new shoulder patch, or a change in the outlines of the numbers, like what the Seattle Mariners just did. They could even be changing the style of the NOB. Besides of any of that, if this is anything more than what I mentioned, I'd be shocked, because if the change is significant, it would have been on the Catalog for sure.

Itl4MlF.png

Now that is a nice jersey. Arizona would be instantly unique. That would at least make a great alternate jersey. I think this would be a great home jersey. Do you send your concepts to Icethetics at all?

I'm hoping "minor alterations" means a new template with the core identity (logo, font, colours) intact.

Realistically it means they'll change like 2 of the 347 problems with their set and call it a day.

Supposedly there are rumours the new Avs third is gonna be inspired by the old Colorado Rockies NHL club...

I did some mockups of that for the Avs... Not a fan.

611Syqg.png

Those mockups actually look quite nice. If this rumour is true, I think it would be a great thing. I think it is time that the Avalanche bring out something new. The alternate they have just retired was a decent third, but, with how bad their main jerseys are, and with how long they have actually kept using them, they desperately need something new. Their newly retired third jersey was decent, and better than their home jersey, however, it is still a jersey that isn't anything great either.

Ugh, they aren't the damn Rockies and there was nothing special about that identity to begin with. I really hope that rumor isn't true.

I know one thing, the Rockies looked a hell of a lot better than the Avalanche do right now. You're right, they aren't the Rockies, however, I think that for an alternate jersey, it would be a great way for the Avalanche to try something new. If there's any team in the NHL right now that needs a new look, it is the Colorado Avalanche. Even though Pittsburgh and Ottawa's main jerseys are terrible, they have at least changed, and improved their third jerseys. Colorado hasn't even changed their alternate since they switched to their terrible home/road jerseys. At least the Avs' are finally making some kind of change. Whatever it is, I'll take my chances at being disappointed over having them march on into next season with the status quo.

They aren't bad... But they are not the Avalanche identity.

I think maybe something like this with possibly a Colorado script and maybe the state logo in Avs colors...

Avalanche_zpsvtbvxe8i.png

That would be a great third jersey. It's simple, and quite nice too. It isn't crazy, and it actually has a stripe around the waist, unlike their newly retired alternate.

I'd really like to see a sweater similar to that of their original alternate with a little bit of a fresher colour scheme.

col%2Bteaser.png

Of course, the mountain peak uniforms being brought back would be ideal, but I'd much rather see them return in place of their current primary set, and not alongside them. Even though one set is massively better than the other set, having them at the same time would still be all too similar and might cheapen the vastly superior uniforms.

This is a really nice concept too, however, as of right now, I don't think going back to an older look is the right choice for the Avalanche.

This is a really nice concept too, however, as of right now, I don't think going back to an older look is the right choice for the Avalanche.

I think it would be perfect. They had one of the best sets of the modern era, arguably a classic, which was distinct and unique AND they were extremely successful in it. They've been one of the worst teams in the league wearing their current set, so why not just forget the last 10 years ever happened and go back. That burgundy script uni is a great alternate too.

sig.png

Really like this design. I wish, however, that the Coyotes would go bold and adopt a unique color scheme -- like the purple, green and copper that they utilized on their third jersey from the late 90s. Could you replace the brick with purple, the black with green and the sand with copper just to satisfy my curiosity? Thanks

Here it is with the actual colors from their old third:

Itl4MlF.png

If they take the Rockies jersey design and use the Avs colors:

B3ZKjeP.png

I'd sign up for both of these right now.

Their original color scheme was great, but as simple as their new scheme is, it does work. Adding black would do wonders, as well as incorporating that motif striping.

Any news on the logo? Staying the same?

The Coyotes are not changing their logo. As for their jerseys, it could be as small as adding hem stripes all the way to a completely new jersey style. Somebody on here (I think, could be wrong.) mentioned that the Coyotes might be switching to a black home jersey.

https://twitter.com/MikeChambers/status/606527246992613378

Minor changes to the Avs jerseys to be unveiled at the NHL draft.

I hope it's at least the removal of the apron... Last time back in 2007 they said the changes were "minor" going into the Edge system. So who knows.

If this change was significant, it would have appeared on the Reebok Catalog saying the home and road jerseys are changing. At most, it will be a new shoulder patch, or a change in the outlines of the numbers, like what the Seattle Mariners just did. They could even be changing the style of the NOB. Besides of any of that, if this is anything more than what I mentioned, I'd be shocked, because if the change is significant, it would have been on the Catalog for sure.

Now that is a nice jersey. Arizona would be instantly unique. That would at least make a great alternate jersey. I think this would be a great home jersey. Do you send your concepts to Icethetics at all?

I'm hoping "minor alterations" means a new template with the core identity (logo, font, colours) intact.

Realistically it means they'll change like 2 of the 347 problems with their set and call it a day.

Supposedly there are rumours the new Avs third is gonna be inspired by the old Colorado Rockies NHL club...

I did some mockups of that for the Avs... Not a fan.

Those mockups actually look quite nice. If this rumour is true, I think it would be a great thing. I think it is time that the Avalanche bring out something new. The alternate they have just retired was a decent third, but, with how bad their main jerseys are, and with how long they have actually kept using them, they desperately need something new. Their newly retired third jersey was decent, and better than their home jersey, however, it is still a jersey that isn't anything great either.

Ugh, they aren't the damn Rockies and there was nothing special about that identity to begin with. I really hope that rumor isn't true.

I know one thing, the Rockies looked a hell of a lot better than the Avalanche do right now. You're right, they aren't the Rockies, however, I think that for an alternate jersey, it would be a great way for the Avalanche to try something new. If there's any team in the NHL right now that needs a new look, it is the Colorado Avalanche. Even though Pittsburgh and Ottawa's main jerseys are terrible, they have at least changed, and improved their third jerseys. Colorado hasn't even changed their alternate since they switched to their terrible home/road jerseys. At least the Avs' are finally making some kind of change. Whatever it is, I'll take my chances at being disappointed over having them march on into next season with the status quo.

They aren't bad... But they are not the Avalanche identity.

I think maybe something like this with possibly a Colorado script and maybe the state logo in Avs colors...

That would be a great third jersey. It's simple, and quite nice too. It isn't crazy, and it actually has a stripe around the waist, unlike their newly retired alternate.

I'd really like to see a sweater similar to that of their original alternate with a little bit of a fresher colour scheme.

col%2Bteaser.png

Of course, the mountain peak uniforms being brought back would be ideal, but I'd much rather see them return in place of their current primary set, and not alongside them. Even though one set is massively better than the other set, having them at the same time would still be all too similar and might cheapen the vastly superior uniforms.

I think if they went to that ^^^ it'd be one of the nicer jerseys they've worn in the last 20 years. I like the inclusion of the thin gray stripes. Very nice balance and not much black.

col%2Bteaser.png

I would really like those with blue pants instead of the burgundy.

According to the June edition of Icethetics "Jersey Watch" the Avalanche will be making "minor alterations" to their home and roads. The bib uniforms, as presently constituted, are finally no more!

What constitutes as a "Minor Alteration" could be anything. They could pull a Panthers and just drop the piping or it could mean the current striping pattern executed in a different way. Ei: horizontal striping.

According to the June edition of Icethetics "Jersey Watch" the Avalanche will be making "minor alterations" to their home and roads. The bib uniforms, as presently constituted, are finally no more!

What constitutes as a "Minor Alteration" could be anything. They could pull a Panthers and just drop the piping or it could mean the current striping pattern executed in a different way. Ei: horizontal striping.

Or it could mean they are adding new patches. There is a rumor that they are adding Colorado Flag style patches instead of the yeti foot.

I'm willing to take baby steps. Minor change is better than no change.

Unless that change is adding flags a la Calgary instead of the Yeti foot patch.

Or it could mean they are adding new patches. There is a rumor that they are adding Colorado Flag style patches instead of the yeti foot.

That would be a terrible decision. Take one of the best secondary logos in the league, prominently featured during both championship triumphs, and replace it with an uninspired flag patch. Please let this just be a rumor...

That would be a terrible decision. Take one of the best secondary logos in the league, prominently featured during both championship triumphs, and replace it with an uninspired flag patch. Please let this just be a rumor...

I agree, 100%.

I agree, 100%.

Somebody needs to put their Foote down and stamp this out before it happens.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I'm willing to take baby steps. Minor change is better than no change.

Unless that change is adding flags a la Calgary instead of the Yeti foot patch.

Next season will be the 20th season and 20th year since first year in Denver and likewise, their first Stanley Cup win.

The yeti foot better not come off in favor of a boring C-logo.

I think it would be perfect. They had one of the best sets of the modern era, arguably a classic, which was distinct and unique AND they were extremely successful in it. They've been one of the worst teams in the league wearing their current set, so why not just forget the last 10 years ever happened and go back. That burgundy script uni is a great alternate too.

I think calling their old look a classic is a huge stretch. For the modern era, I guess, but it hasn't been that great of an era, unless you're the Predators, though their current set isn't the greatest, the Stars, or the Wild's new road jersey. Colorado's original jerseys were unique, but they weren't great. Since I joined this site, I have never understood the praise the Avalanche's jerseys have received. I have honestly never liked them, and I grew up watching the Avalanche wearing those jerseys.

If they take the Rockies jersey design and use the Avs colors:

B3ZKjeP.png

Now that's impressive. Well done.

Be careful with the way you throw the term "Minor Alteration" around. When the Panthers made the change to their current look, it was listed as a change on the Catalog. For this not to be on the catalog, it has to be something, such as a shoulder patch or a change in the font style, perhaps the pants or the socks. Now that I have had a little bit of time to think about it, I think it is possible, though highly unlikely, that the Avalanche could remove the part of their apron piping that goes from the collar to the side panels. That might be small enough to not be treated as a jersey change on the Catalog, and it would look a lot better.

It's possible that a change like this can be made after the deadline to run in the catalog. For big changes, we know they have to be planned out well in advance; smaller changes might be able to sneak through at the last minute with less notice. I think it's possible they could get rid of all the piping.

Here's another Coyotes concept to throw into the mix. I wanted to make something with kachina pattern, but have it kept to the minimal so it doesn't go all over the jersey. This is what I came up with...

CoyotesV1_zpsgazeamnr.png

Archived