2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they take the Rockies jersey design and use the Avs colors:

B3ZKjeP.png

Can't imagine the Rangers' lawyers would be too happy with that one.

The Rangers don't have a monopoly on diagonal wordmarks, and the striping pattern is hardly unique.

Besides, the Lightning's new alt is basically the Kings' home jersey and they got away with it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Here's another Coyotes concept to throw into the mix. I wanted to make something with kachina pattern, but have it kept to the minimal so it doesn't go all over the jersey. This is what I came up with...

CoyotesV1_zpsgazeamnr.png

That's a very nice design.

A simplified color scheme would help the Kachina Coyote logo a lot. Just drop the purple and/or green from it. Alternately, you could use the head-only logo as the crest.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here's another Coyotes concept to throw into the mix. I wanted to make something with kachina pattern, but have it kept to the minimal so it doesn't go all over the jersey. This is what I came up with...

CoyotesV1_zpsgazeamnr.png

This is a really great look. If the Coyotes don't go with a nod to their earliest years in Phoenix, I like this as an update to what they have now.

Excellent striping on the shoulders. Not sure about the curved stripes on the sleeve cuffs. Maybe straight them instead. Perfect number outlining and the use of the sand color for the nameplate and numbers.

This is a lot better than what the team had for their previous alternate jersey with the "leaping fox" as its crest logo. And the necklace collar (yuck!). I would love to see how a matching white and brick red jerseys would look.

Saw this on a Facebook ad for likely a fake merch site. Shows how great of an identity the Bolts could have while still keeping a traditional look for Y.

Tampa-Bay-Lightning.350.jpg

The guy who runs nhlunfiroms.com posted a concept after seeing your post (he mentions it on the post)

11393000_10155633099250591_7224333305085

Looks 100X better than their current set

The guy who runs nhlunfiroms.com posted a concept after seeing your post (he mentions it on the post)

11393000_10155633099250591_7224333305085

Looks 100X better than their current set

A while back, I made a comment about how most Lightning concepts of their current uniforms with touches of black don't work. This one hasn't stuck gold, but I will say that it's a very good start. The black looks good on the blue uniforms. Good stuff!

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I hate the howling coyote. To me, it's just a generic logo. The kachina logo at least had some character.

I'm in that minority as well. I love the kachina logo and feel the howling coyote was a significant downgrade.

I think the kachina logo with simplified jerseys could be really nice. The old package had a lot going on.

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I hate the howling coyote. To me, it's just a generic logo. The kachina logo at least had some character.

It's an OK logo, but I can see where you're coming from.

In my opinion the biggest problem with the howling coyote is that it's going to be forever associated with the bankruptcy debacle. I'm not sure if that's what the general consensus is but that's always the first thing I think of when I see it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

It's an OK logo, but I can see where you're coming from.

In my opinion the biggest problem with the howling coyote is that it's going to be forever associated with the bankruptcy debacle. I'm not sure if that's what the general consensus is but that's always the first thing I think of when I see it.

I try not to think of associating it with the ownership struggles. I think it's a really nice logo that honestly would withstand the test of time.

Maybe not iconic like the Blackhawks, Canadiens or Bruins for example, but it is still simple enough where it isn't dated. Great colors, balanced and looks better as a primary and/crest logo than that "flying fox/ferret".

I think it's pretty clear by now that the mountain striping is just wishful thinking. In the same vein as the Stars' old sweaters, it's a design that upper management clearly doesn't care much for moving forward.

Midway.png

I think it's pretty clear by now that the mountain striping is just wishful thinking. In the same vein as the Stars' old sweaters, it's a design that upper management clearly doesn't care much for moving forward.

I agree 100%

If they wanted the mountain stripes, they would have gone back to them by now. Clearly somebody doesn't like them.

Just found this concept from a couple years ago. I always thought that black was the wrong direction for the Lightning, but navy and silver added a lot to the identity, as well as a more creative template.

LightningJerseys.png

Archived