2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Saw this on a Facebook ad for likely a fake merch site. Shows how great of an identity the Bolts could have while still keeping a traditional look for Y.

Tampa-Bay-Lightning.350.jpg

The guy who runs nhlunfiroms.com posted a concept after seeing your post (he mentions it on the post)

11393000_10155633099250591_7224333305085

Looks 100X better than their current set

I genuinely hate to say it because this looks phenomenal, but all I can see is the LA Kings. If tampa wants to embrace Blue over Black they need to ditch black altogether and add grey or silver. or best case both. Only wear black if they decide to go back to their original uniforms or an updated version of said sweaters.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found this concept from a couple years ago. I always thought that black was the wrong direction for the Lightning, but navy and silver added a lot to the identity, as well as a more creative template.

LightningJerseys.png

Double blue is a bit tired looking at this point. Blue, Black and Silver is unique to the lightning and works well for them.

Just found this concept from a couple years ago. I always thought that black was the wrong direction for the Lightning, but navy and silver added a lot to the identity, as well as a more creative template.

LightningJerseys.png

I like the look of the blue sweater but the white is too empty. Could make the sleeves and hemline silver. Replaced Navy with black.

VGlSg4U.png

I like the look of the blue sweater but the white is too empty. Could make the sleeves and hemline silver. Replaced Navy with black.

VGlSg4U.png

Those aren't too bad.

Or the Avs could just go to this:

wE9KGZn.png

This is actually not too bad. I like that it isn't as clunky as their Original Set. I'd make the Mountain Stripes on the bottom smaller. I still think your first mockup is way, way better though.

Or the Avs could just go to this:

wE9KGZn.png

It looks like I'm in the minority, but I absolutely cannot stand this uniform. The road uniform in particular is awful because it tries to cram burgundy, blue, black, and silver together. The blue just seems to get lost in the shuffle making the uniform look like it is just burgundy and black from far away. The template is good, but the colors need to be reworked before I'd like it.

What a joke... The Hockey News did a ranking of all the NHL's shoulder patches and the Avalanche made the top 3! How they can ditch one of the most creative and visually attractive secondary marks in the league is beyond me. Bet you anything tweaked uniforms will look like absolute garbage. Maybe they can pull a Calgary Flames and have the new patch in Rockies colours... If you're going to be the worst dressed team in the league, you should own it and go all the way.

What a joke... The Hockey News did a ranking of all the NHL's shoulder patches and the Avalanche made the top 3! How they can ditch one of the most creative and visually attractive secondary marks in the league is beyond me. Bet you anything tweaked uniforms will look like absolute garbage. Maybe they can pull a Calgary Flames and have the new patch in Rockies colours... If you're going to be the worst dressed team in the league, you should own it and go all the way.

Oh I almost guarantee that the Avs will drop the Yeti, add some rectangular Colorado flag and call it good. Keeping the aprons.

The Avs are about to go from one of the worst looks to the AVSOLUTE worst dressed in the NHL.

Apparently all the Avs "Yeti Foot" merchandise is on sale now...

Not looking good for the little guy.

On sale where?

Altitude Authentics at the Pepsi Center.

The black doesn't work at all--the other colours could--but as a fan concept it's not that bad.

Except the logo...

Can't say why, other than it doesn't really look good to me--especially compared to anything they've already had.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Not sure if this concept was already posted or not, apologies if it's a duplicate.

I can't tell if this is the greatest combination of colors for a hockey jersey or the worst. I'm just sitting and staring.

DallasKirkpatrick-ARZ_zpsphbqwzbk.png

Those colors... BLECH!

Not sure if this concept was already posted or not, apologies if it's a duplicate.

I can't tell if this is the greatest combination of colors for a hockey jersey or the worst. I'm just sitting and staring.

Those colors... BLECH!

People are still enamored with the front numbers, huh? That logo is just kinda off as well...looks like a pet dog with rabies rather than a coyote.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those colors... BLECH!

People are still enamored with the front numbers, huh? That logo is just kinda off as well...looks like a pet dog with rabies rather than a coyote.

Well,considering that's the Hartford Wolf Pack logo...

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Those colors... BLECH!

I agree about the front numbers. The more I look at this, I actually like the odd color combo. But the rabid-looking wolf-dog thing looks dumb.

I think this with either the original kachina mask or an updated version would look interesting.

Those colors... BLECH!

Well,considering that's the Hartford Wolf Pack logo...

Funnily enough, the team that I used to play for is called the Coyotes and they use the Wolfpack logo as well:

applewood-coyotes.gif

Archived