2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a4leK52.png

some very slight craftsmanship issues here, but overall i really like this wordmark. nice use of Gestalt - a mark that doesn't spell everything out directly for you, but your mind fills in the "blanks" to reveal the whole. nicely done.

I get what you're saying, but I find the star too big and its placement smack-dab in the middle of the word leaves two letters dangling on either side, which doesn't work for me. Personally, I'd rest the word on the horizontal points of the star and let the top point take the place of the 'A', similar to the Stars' crest when they first moved to Dallas. For those same reasons, though, I was never huge on that crest either.

While I find the current Dallas Stars' uniform set --and now their AHL affiliate as well--are a big improvement over anything worn since the move from Minnesota to Texas, beveling makes it look straight out of 1994.

Not quite NHL, but the Texas Stars have revealed new logos and colors for the 2015/2016 season.

Essentially they are conforming to the look of the Dallas Stars.

Cool stock music. It's like Coldplay covering The Weather Channel's old music.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not quite NHL, but the Texas Stars have revealed

for the 2015/2016 season.

Essentially they are conforming to the look of the Dallas Stars.

The roundel is driving me insane, because they just erased "DALLAS" and put in "TEXAS". Now, the 5-letter word on top takes up more space than the 5-letter word on the bottom. Center the dots on the sides and realign everything accordingly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not sure if this concept was already posted or not, apologies if it's a duplicate.

I can't tell if this is the greatest combination of colors for a hockey jersey or the worst. I'm just sitting and staring.

DallasKirkpatrick-ARZ_zpsphbqwzbk.png

Those colors... BLECH!

This concept... The logo, the colors, the lack of waist stripes and front numbers. This is just a complete mess. The idea has potential though, but it needs a lot of changes.

More ideas if the Avalanche do go with a Rockies inspired look...

TDJqqZc.png

vr2fBOt.png

I like all four of these if you add hem stripes to them. The red version would make a decent Panthers jersey. That's the first thing I think of when I see this. I tried to ask you this before, do you ever send your concepts to Icethetics?

Those are nice concepts, but Colorado changing to Florida/Colorado state flag/Rockies colors would be a major downgrade. If you can beat 'em, conjoin 'em! I guess.

(Of course, if the Panthers move, then their color palette could live on this way... )

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I like all four of these if you add hem stripes to them. The red version would make a decent Panthers jersey. That's the first thing I think of when I see this. I tried to ask you this before, do you ever send your concepts to Icethetics?

haha, I keep hearing the panthers remark so:

lDKdGUJ.png

And I have sent a few to Icethetics but he has never responded back.... So I gave up on that.

This probably isn't the best place for this, but can you guys give me pricing and info on authentic Reebok jerseys? Specifically Blackhawks. What is MSRP for these blank and customized? Is there any cheaper way to get them, such as an annual Reebok sale? What's the best place to buy them? There were a few blank authentics on ebay for around $200, but if that's as cheap as they go, I'd just pass.

I have one current Hawks jersey - a Kane replica. Today we're allowed to wear Hawks stuff to work, so I'm wearing a blank Nike authentic. I hadn't worn this jersey in a long time, and I forgot how awesome the chain stitching is. I'm kicking around buying a new authentic now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

And I have sent a few to Icethetics but he has never responded back.... So I gave up on that.

Sometimes he just posts a concept without responding to the designer. If this is the first time you're sending something in, it might be tougher to get a response if your e-mail address is new to him, if his inbox is loaded on a daily basis. Maybe check in with him, send him a request in the title see if you can on the list for his daily concepts in the future.

Yeah, I don't recall ever getting a reply from him. That said, I haven't sent anything in to him in like 2 years.

Also, funny, related story: My friend asked me a few weeks ago "Do you make hockey jerseys or something? My brother saw a guy with your name." It turns out that his brother reads Icethetics, and he saw my concepts that got posted on there. It was awkward. :P

haha, I keep hearing the panthers remark so:

lDKdGUJ.png

Those are really nice. That's what the Panthers should go back too, or try something new, even though their last attempt at something new wasn't the greatest, though the jersey itself wasn't too bad. Speaking of Icethetics, I have sent him over a dozen concepts now and next month will mark one year since I sent him my first concept and not one of them has been on his site yet. I completely understand that he has so many concepts to go through, however, what gets me is that there are people that make good concepts, such as yourself that haven't even been featured once, yet people like Morgo, Bastian Schmulling, and Matt McElroy are featured on his site constantly. He has done a wonderful job with Icethetics, and I understand why it can be quite the wait to get even one concept featured, however, when he posts concepts mainly from the same small group of people, it does annoy me, I'm not going to lie, and, I think you should have your day on there too.

As a frequent contributor, I can tell you it sometimes takes him awhile to respond. Could even take longer to see it posted as he gets a high volume of concepts.

For sure, however, unlike myself and CreamSoda, you are featured quite a bit, where we haven't even been featured once. I don't mean to be rude, because I think you do a really good job with your concepts, even though I do disagree with you about the Flames needing black, :P and I think the fact that you draw yours by hand is quite impressive, however, I believe that he could do more to feature new people. I know he's busy IRL, but I think that if he can post a concept everyday, I think he can get more artists on his site.

This probably isn't the best place for this, but can you guys give me pricing and info on authentic Reebok jerseys? Specifically Blackhawks. What is MSRP for these blank and customized? Is there any cheaper way to get them, such as an annual Reebok sale? What's the best place to buy them? There were a few blank authentics on ebay for around $200, but if that's as cheap as they go, I'd just pass.

I have one current Hawks jersey - a Kane replica. Today we're allowed to wear Hawks stuff to work, so I'm wearing a blank Nike authentic. I hadn't worn this jersey in a long time, and I forgot how awesome the chain stitching is. I'm kicking around buying a new authentic now.

It's tough to find authentics for cheap because most people who seek and sell Authentics know they are pricey and charge more for them. I've seen people ask $500 for authentics, not even game-issued. Unfortunately, $200 is probably the best you are going to find.

Sometimes he just posts a concept without responding to the designer. If this is the first time you're sending something in, it might be tougher to get a response if your e-mail address is new to him, if his inbox is loaded on a daily basis. Maybe check in with him, send him a request in the title see if you can on the list for his daily concepts in the future.

I personally have sent over a dozen and it's been a year and not one of them has been posted. I'm sure there are probably a lot of people waiting to be featured. You are lucky, you don't have to play the waiting game because you have already been featured many times on his site, whereas quite a few people haven't. If you have only sent one concept, then yeah, it will be a really long wait for sure. I know he gets all kinds of concepts but as I mentioned before, one thing that bothers me is that he tends to feature the same artists a lot of times, though I have seen him feature a few new people lately, which I think is awesome.

Yeah, I don't recall ever getting a reply from him. That said, I haven't sent anything in to him in like 2 years.

Also, funny, related story: My friend asked me a few weeks ago "Do you make hockey jerseys or something? My brother saw a guy with your name." It turns out that his brother reads Icethetics, and he saw my concepts that got posted on there. It was awkward. :P

LOL, that's funny. I'm glad to hear you finally got on his site after that long. Hopefully he will start to post more of your stuff.

Oh, I've actually gotten my work posted quite a few times. What I meant was that I haven't sent him anything new in 2 years.

Ah, I see. I wish my work would get posted sometime in the next year. Sheesh. You're lucky dude. Ever think maybe it is time to send a new one in? :P

Archived