2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

How's that going to work for other teams?

I don't think every team has a partial logo or script that would work on a brim, unless they're going to repeat logos on the cap and the brim.

I think it could be that they're repeating logos; if you look closely at the corners of the brim where they meet the crown, it looks like there's a touch of blue that looks like it could be the outer circle of the logo. I'm not sure, but I think that's what I'm seeing.

Either way, I'm not too much a fan of these (or really any draft cap in general in any sport). I wish they were just simple New Era 5950's like in baseball, it's all you really need. But hey, gotta sell something new, right?

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd put the Red Wings up with those two (I think it looks kinda like an abstract texture pattern), then the Panthers and Kings (assuming the L makes it onto the other side of the brim) in the next tier, then every other one is pretty bad.

And I have sent a few to Icethetics but he has never responded back.... So I gave up on that.

Sometimes he just posts a concept without responding to the designer. If this is the first time you're sending something in, it might be tougher to get a response if your e-mail address is new to him, if his inbox is loaded on a daily basis. Maybe check in with him, send him a request in the title see if you can on the list for his daily concepts in the future.

I personally have sent over a dozen and it's been a year and not one of them has been posted. I'm sure there are probably a lot of people waiting to be featured. You are lucky, you don't have to play the waiting game because you have already been featured many times on his site, whereas quite a few people haven't. If you have only sent one concept, then yeah, it will be a really long wait for sure. I know he gets all kinds of concepts but as I mentioned before, one thing that bothers me is that he tends to feature the same artists a lot of times, though I have seen him feature a few new people lately, which I think is awesome.

I admit that it is indeed true, and I do get that I'm fortunate that he's a fan of my concepts I guess. What I've noticed though is that many of his daily concept posts feature a lot of my older work, in many cases concepts that are old and not always my best work. A lot of my old concepts have been updated and sent it, and yet a lot of my less good versions get posted instead. Also, most of my new stuff has yet to be posted. I think his inbox might be just so full right now, it might be understandable that in a day after work/family/social/relaxing time, there's not that much time to go through that many e-mails. Don't know if that's the case for sure, he hasn't posted an update to my knowledge about the increase of concept post requests or whatnot. And he hasn't responded to my own last 2 e-mails I sent to him, so yeah good chance that's the case.

For sure it would be good for the newer designers other than myself to get an update about what's happening, and a status about the length of the waiting list and the demand. :)

I found all the hats on the Hockey Hall of Fame website.

sTemRZz.jpg

http://shop.hhof.com/hats/3526-nhl-team-2015-draft-cap-adult.html

The Blackhawks, Sens, Flyers, and Sharks should all be reversed colors, instead of the black cap.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

sTemRZz.jpg

What happened to the Rangers cap? Every other brim logo is blown up, but there's looks tiny. Instead of trying to fit the entire logo in, why not just show the NEW YORK part a la the Oilers and Kings.

Also, why use a 4 year old alternate logo for the Leafs unless they plan on using that again some time soon?

I like the hats, specially the fact that they have curved brims and no stickers.

Definitely--straight brims defeat part of the purpose of the brim...

they don't keep sun off your face from the sides.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Anyone have a vote for worst one? I think the Penguins is the worst, by far. Based on how high the chest is on the brim, I don't think there will be any of the head on the brim at all. Possibly some beak, but the brim is mostly penguin torso and a glove.

Anyone have a vote for worst one? I think the Penguins is the worst, by far. Based on how high the chest is on the brim, I don't think there will be any of the head on the brim at all. Possibly some beak, but the brim is mostly penguin torso and a glove.

These all suck badly.

As a frequent contributor, I can tell you it sometimes takes him awhile to respond. Could even take longer to see it posted as he gets a high volume of concepts.

For sure, however, unlike myself and CreamSoda, you are featured quite a bit, where we haven't even been featured once. I don't mean to be rude, because I think you do a really good job with your concepts, even though I do disagree with you about the Flames needing black, :P and I think the fact that you draw yours by hand is quite impressive, however, I believe that he could do more to feature new people. I know he's busy IRL, but I think that if he can post a concept everyday, I think he can get more artists on his site.

Hmmm. I'm surprised because you both do great work. Better than a good portion of the stuff posted on there. Anyhow, thanks for the kind words :).

Agreed. Looks like they took the worst possible close up of that logo for the brim. Doesn't really look like anything.

Corey Crawford is wearing the Blackhawks draft hat post game right now.

Hawks don't have a pick till #54, this is the only exposure it'll get.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

sTemRZz.jpg

What happened to the Rangers cap? Every other brim logo is blown up, but there's looks tiny. Instead of trying to fit the entire logo in, why not just show the NEW YORK part a la the Oilers and Kings.

Also, why use a 4 year old alternate logo for the Leafs unless they plan on using that again some time soon?

You, uh, just start following hockey when the kings made the playoffs last year? The logo on the brim is way older than the one on the hat. That was the leafs logo when they last one the cup in 1967...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived