BigBubba

2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

I've heard on the HF boards that the Coyote's home jersey is red with black pants, and the primary logo will remain untouched on the unis although the shoulder patches will be different.

That's very interesting. I've heard it is black. If this is the case, i'm glad because even though they are a red team, at least their Brick Red is unique.

I've heard on the HF boards that the Coyote's home jersey is red with black pants, and the primary logo will remain untouched on the unis although the shoulder patches will be different.

Red helmet and jersey. Black pants. New shoulder patches. More vertical side panels. Horizontal arm stripes and a possible kachina pattern.

All credit goes to the original poster at HF boards. This is his artwork based off the descriptions from a Coyote employee:

coyotes-new-uni-mockup-v2.png

If this is indeed the new look, I definitely don't hate it from this mockup, but I definitely don't love it either. I like that it has more life to it than the look they have had since 2007. I liked that it was simple but I think most of us can agree that they need to have a little more going on, but, I don't think side panels and huge stripe panels on the arms are the answer, though I'm glad to hear the Kachina Pattern is coming back, even if it is only minimal. I will need to see this in person before I can really know what I think of it.

Red helmet and jersey. Black pants. New shoulder patches. More vertical side panels. Horizontal arm stripes and a possible kachina pattern.

All credit goes to the original poster at HF boards. This is his artwork based off the descriptions from a Coyote employee:

Ugh, not side panels... Seriously, when have they ever looked good on a hockey uniform...

ilya_kovalchuk_2007_03_18.jpg

Yep. I went there. /unpopularopinion

Ugh, not side panels... Seriously, when have they ever looked good on a hockey uniform...

Another unpopular opinion...

john-carlson-nhl-winnipeg-jets-washingto

Side panels can work when done right, but there's nothing in that Coyote's mock up that works except for the logos. That honestly looks like a jersey that Nike would design for an international team.

Interesting that you brought the Thrashers up. I must say, they never wore a single jersey that was any good. I liked that they owned Powder Blue but that`s all I ever liked about their jersey history. Actually, I have been meaning to ask this on here for quite a while now and I have forgotten to do so for so long now, anyways, just before they moved to Winnipeg, I heard they were working on a new alternate jersey. Does anyone know what it was going to look like? I have always wanted to know.

I was a Thrashers fan back then... I dont recall anything about that. Anything would have been better than that ghastly red dirtbike Jersey they had.

That insider also said the closest comparison would be Ottawa's jerseys, but with more traditional, straighter lines.

I found all the hats on the Hockey Hall of Fame website.

sTemRZz.jpg

http://shop.hhof.com/hats/3526-nhl-team-2015-draft-cap-adult.html

What happened to the Rangers cap? Every other brim logo is blown up, but there's looks tiny. Instead of trying to fit the entire logo in, why not just show the NEW YORK part a la the Oilers and Kings.

Also, why use a 4 year old alternate logo for the Leafs unless they plan on using that again some time soon?

You, uh, just start following hockey when the kings made the playoffs last year? The logo on the brim is way older than the one on the hat. That was the leafs logo when they last one the cup in 1967...

No, I didn't just start following them last year. Yes I know that the logo is much older than that, but why not use the current alternate logo, i.e. the logo that the Leafs actually wore in '67 when they last won the cup?

4617_toronto_maple_leafs-jersey-2012.png

No offense on the Kings comment that was just a joke. But my point was that the cap on the brim is not 4 years old. It was used in the 40's & 50's.

"Alternate" wasn't the best choice of wording on my part. Maybe "out-dated" or "throwback" instead. It seems odd that that particular logo would get used when every other team's hat has a logo currently in use (24 primaries, 5 secondaries).

just noticed this as well, they'd be the only team in the league wearing different colored pants (shell) between home and road looks. Who was the last team to do that? The Caps in the 80's maybe?

The Caps are doing it right now, since they wear their thirds on the road.

just noticed this as well, they'd be the only team in the league wearing different colored pants (shell) between home and road looks. Who was the last team to do that? The Caps in the 80's maybe?

The Colorado Rockies wore blue pants with their white jerseys and red pants with their blue jerseys. Then nobody else did it ever again. It's only until very recently that teams have even begun switching up their pants for alternate uniforms. I want to say the Hurricanes' black alternates or the Islanders' were the first time a team used a new set of pants as part of a completely different alternate, non-throwback uniform, but that could be wrong.

EDIT: Just checked NHLuniforms.com and in 07-08 all 30 teams only had one set of pants, but the next season (08-09) the Senators, Sabres, Coyotes, and Hurricanes all had a different set of pants shells for their alternate uniforms. The Islanders, Penguins, and Oilers all used a second set of pants for their throwback uniforms. In 09-10 the Blue Jackets joined the Hurricanes as the only teams wearing different colored shells for their alternate, non-throwback uniform and the Panthers used a second pants shell for their awful light blue and navy uniform, and the Blackhawks wore a second set with that chest-striped throwback uniform.

So it's been very recently that teams have begun experimenting with the pants as a design element that can be changed across uniforms. It's been a matter of time before some team starts switching it up home to road and not just regular to alternate uniforms.

Edited by McCarthy

I like that uniform but the side panels hardly make it. Remove them and the uniform is improved significantly

In a different world, and probably without the yellow, the Thrashers colors could work really well. Those jerseys were awful, though.

^Brick is very different from the shades of red used by any of those teams.

Yeah, it's different enough for me that it's really not an issue. I mean, if the Diamondbacks can wear what they wear and still not look a thing like the Reds, for example, then I doubt the Coyotes are gonna tread too close to any of those mentioned teams.

Keep in mind that the Coyotes had brick red as their primary color before the Diamondbacks made their switch.

Will there even be an Arizona Coyotes team to unveil new uniforms for?

I would be very surprised if there wasn't one.

The team is going to drag this fight out with Glendale as long as possible.

That I wonder about... anything can happen in a hurry??

Yes, the Arizona Coyotes will continue to be as they are by name, location and as an active NHL franchise in Arizona.

With the temporary restraining order in effect, all business operations and events will continue as they were before that June 10th vote occurred.

And the Coyotes are still hosting their draft party and uniform unveiling event on June 26th as scheduled.

Taking 15 millions annually from the city to end up still losing a lot? The joke has lasted long enough... I feel for their twelve fans but there are awesome hockey markets waiting with open arms.