2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they took the C from the Colorado state flag and recolored it in Avs colors, that might look neat. Someone on Icethetics or maybe here did that but gave the C the cascading-snow effect from the primary and it looked really neat. Hang on, maybe I saved it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So Avs are somehow making the worst jerseys in the NHL even worse?

If they put flag patches ala Calgary to replace the yeti foot, then they will have managed to have the 31st ranked jerseys in a league with 30 teams.

They are going for the all time worst uniform in sports. It's a tough accomplishment.

so fun to see everyone's guesses as to what these will look like

I'm trying to mockup the worst possible look so when they unveil them, I am not shocked at it.

Hoping they can only do better type of deal.

When I first saw your concept I thought it was a confirmation! I'm holding out hope that the patch will at least be in Avalanche colours

I'm trying to mockup the worst possible look so when they unveil them, I am not shocked at it.

When I first saw your concept I thought it was a confirmation! I'm holding out hope that the patch will at least be in Avalanche colours

Before Calgary did their flag patches, I would assume the CO flag would be in Avs' colors. But now I am not so hopeful.

If ownership is ignorant enough to look away from how bad their jerseys are in the first place, they're ignorant enough to ditch the Yeti and replace the patches with Colorado State flag without changing the colors.

Guys, the Avalanche haven't even unveiled a thing yet and everyone is already freaking out. There's still a chance this could end up being good. The Yeti Foot wasn't all that great anyway. It did suit the Avalanche but it was just a big foot. Nothing special about it. The meaning behind it was great but the logo really wasn't all that great, though from what it sounds like, that's probably just my personal opinion. You guys keep saying that the Avs' have bad taste and don't understand a good jersey but you know what, did you ever think that maybe that's why they are coming out with a new alternate? The Wild changed their shoulder patches on their old road jersey and within a few years, they replaced it with a decent jersey. Their new third could be a test of the water to see how people take to it and if they really like it, maybe they will make a matching road jersey. As I say this, they release a brand new turd burger on us and make their primaries even worse. I have a feeling the primaries are going to look even worse but we can at least hope for something good, right?

Could it be just the Winter Classic jersey?

I hope not. Don't get me wrong, that jersey, and the entire uniform wasn't terrible (For the Winter Classic, it was a nice tribute to Hockey in Washington.) and the logo is quite nice, however, that jersey was nothing great. The darker red, elongated numbers, mismatched striping, and the weird striping on the shoulders. If they are going to use it as their new third jersey, that wouldn't be bad, however, I would rather see them try something new with the Weagle before they use that again. My first choice is the red throwback by a country mile. I know that jersey will be amazing. Their white throwback is awesome and their red one is even better.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but if the Avalanche are switching up the foot with something to represent the state, let's hope it's more Arizona Coyotes than Calgary Flames. Their shoulder logo does a great job of representing the state, while sticking with the team colours.

Archived