2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

The lack of build-up for the Caps unveiling makes me think we're getting a recycled jersey. And it's happening in Vegas, nowhere near their fans. Same thing happened with the Flyers last summer, they announced the 'unveiling' about 15 minutes before they showed off the jersey.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they were just going to use the Winter Classic Jersey, why even announce the "unveiling?" I think it'll be a red 70's throwback to join the white, in preparation for an eventual full time switch. After all, the white throwback was used in the playoffs...

It's just too bad that the Weagle won't work with those jerseys because it's going to suck to lose such a nice logo when the throwbacks become the primaries.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I didn't hear it myself but apparently one of the sports radio guys here in Edmonton said the Oilers are getting a new third jersey that is predominantly orange and it may be unveiled at the draft on Friday.

Whaaaat?

It wouldn't be without precedent. From 1972-74, the Alberta/Edmonton Oilers' dark jerseys were orange.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Eh, the Caps got a lot of things right here, but I don't want this and the white throwback to become the primary sweaters. It just screams of a tacky 80's all star game. Tone down the stars and you have a nice uniform, but I'd much rather have the caps play in blue and black again.

I didn't hear it myself but apparently one of the sports radio guys here in Edmonton said the Oilers are getting a new third jersey that is predominantly orange and it may be unveiled at the draft on Friday.

Whaaaat?

It wouldn't be without precedent. From 1972-74, the Alberta/Edmonton Oilers' dark jerseys were orange.

Yeah but I don't recall seeing anything on the logo/jersey sites about them getting a third. Seems out of left field.

Only thing I could find on Twitter so far is this tweet from a writer in Edmonton:

Renato Pagnani @rennavate

There's a rumor that the #Oilers are going to unveil an orange Alberta Oilers-inspired third jersey at the #NHLDraft. I am here for this.

https://twitter.com/rennavate/status/613022519461675008

The OKC Barons used an orange alt last year, and it looked fantastic. I think the Oilers were selling Alberta Oilers throwbacks in their arena shop either this season or last, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived