2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

It's the same as their '80s set, I just put a little black stripe instead of a little red one.

yup, and the only problem with that set is that the red bleeds into the yellow since they're both so bright. The black outline would do wonders.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something like this for the Flames?

Flames_zps1a7nq32e.png

I've been toying with a concept like this for a while. I also don't know why the background is black.

Make the yellow outlines on the crest and numbers thicker and we have a winner.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That Flames concept is great, except for the pants. The stripes are inconsistent with the jersey and when the colors are in that order, reminds me of the Chicago Wolves.

i planned for the pants to be like that.

one_teamFlames89_06.jpg

This is by far Calgary's best look. Far. And. Away.

I wouldn't say far and away. Though either option would be an extremely welcome change.

ZDdMC6F.jpg

That Flames concept is great, except for the pants. The stripes are inconsistent with the jersey and when the colors are in that order, reminds me of the Chicago Wolves.

i planned for the pants to be like that.

one_teamFlames89_06.jpg

This is by far Calgary's best look. Far. And. Away.

I wouldn't say far and away. Though either option would be an extremely welcome change.

ZDdMC6F.jpg

Those were good, but had too little yellow and two much black. The whites from that set had far greater colour balance.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Tigers...is any new expansion team only allowed to use a blank jersey or is that too old time NHL? Or are they only allowed to use sublimated crazy designs cuz itz deh futuuuure!!!! With letters for numbers! And emojis as captains badges!

Hockey is a traditional sport. God for bid the jerseys look nice and classic even without tradition behind it. I wasn't aware looking good, even if it is an "original 6" kind of look, was so frowned upon.

I like the way you think.

The wild inaugural set was very modern and for 2000 it was okay. Once the wild ironed out the wrinkles it was clear they had a traditional appeal. Simple stripes and fills, and over time they ditched the modern stuff for a traditional style. Yes they have been around for 15 years but they don't have to look like the early 2000's.

They didn't iron out any wrinkles. They took an admittedly great alternate, inexplicably made it the new home jersey, left the road as is, and the identity has been in free-fall ever since. The green alternate did nothing to fix the problem and frankly, neither did the recent road jersey upgrade.

I disagree with you about their new road jersey. I think the Wild will eventually make a green version of the new road jersey. If they don't, I'd be very surprised.

So Boston's got the Winter Classic next year against Montreal and according to @TSNBobMcKenzie, Colorado and Minnesota will finally get an outdoor game. The Wild will play Chicago and Colorado vs Detroit. Wonder what kind of uniforms Reebok will break out for those two games after breaking out the chrome/carbon fiber the last two years?

Chicago again!? I don't know about the Chicago/Minnesota and Colorado/Detroit games if they are Stadium Series games. I can't see Chicago playing a third Outdoor Game in three years, let alone the Red Wings in some chrome/carbon fiber futuristic jersey. I know Chicago went chrome last season but their jersey was a slightly altered version of their long time former black third jersey. This will definitely be something to watch.

It might be hard to see the Hawks/Wings in something too different from what they've had, but don't forget the Rangers jersey for the Stadium Series, so anything is possible.

Turns out I was wrong. They will be in Stadium Series games. Carbon fiber holographic Red Wings and Blackhawks jerseys, here I come!!!!!!!! yeeeeeeeeeeehaw.... NOT! I'm cringing already.

Something like this for the Flames?

Flames_zps1a7nq32e.png

I've been toying with a concept like this for a while. I also don't know why the background is black.

I hope Calgary will just go back to red and gold. I think it would be nice to see less teams with color schemes that have both red and black in them but that's just my opinion, however, as someone who thinks Calgary should completely ditch black altogether, even I could live with this. Well done. This is the best Flames concept I have ever seen that features black. The only change I would do is remove the shoulder patches. I think these jerseys would look better without them. As I said before, job well done.

I'd be surprised if they went with a spoked B for the WC.

I would want to see one of these on the uniform (now I have to make some concepts :) )

2594_boston_bruins-jersey-1925.png9728_boston_bruins-jersey-1935.png

CowleyBruinsjersey.png

Really curious what the Habs will do since they're like the Celtics or Yankees, same classic look forever.

I would want to see one of these on the uniform (now I have to make some concepts :) )

CowleyBruinsjersey.png

Really curious what the Habs will do since they're like the Celtics or Yankees, same classic look forever.

Im thinking two things

A: Bring these beauties back for a game

8lp82mlulr5g3bm4zvdxfoy7q.gif

perhaps without a NOB

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

CowleyBruinsjersey.png

montreal-canadiens-replica-centennial-je

I sure hope no colour on colour, doesn't look right for hockey

Color vs Color was a long part of the NHL's history. Teams only had 1 jersey for many years, and since the Winter Classic is a throwback outdoor game, i think it works.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/1929-30/1929-30.html

It wasn't until the late 40's that most teams starting having 2 uniforms.

CowleyBruinsjersey.png

Im thinking two things

A: Bring these beauties back for a game

8lp82mlulr5g3bm4zvdxfoy7q.gif

perhaps without a NOB

For a game ? Please, bring them back as a full time alternate ! These are much better than their current white imo but i guess they'll never switch it to a full time road( wich would be a real shame)

Any chance for a color vs color like 2014?

nhl_classic14_23.jpg

Any chance the Leafs will switch to that jersey and a matching road jersey on a full-time basis? Detroit's jersey is awesome too.

Highly unlikely. They need to take the current third and make a matching white and then have a throwback for a third....St. Pat's slightly modernized as the third would be amazing.

Any chance for a color vs color like 2014?

nhl_classic14_23.jpg

Any chance the Leafs will switch to that jersey and a matching road jersey on a full-time basis? Detroit's jersey is awesome too.

might be a cool idea for 2017...for the 100th anniversary season.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived