2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new shoulder logo looks nice, not that it needed a change anyways. Shoulder logos, was the least of that jersey's problems.

The fact that they make a change to the jersey and didn't change the piping is ridiculous.

The new shoulder logo looks nice, not that it needed a change anyways. Shoulder logos, was the least of that jersey's problems.

The fact that they make a change to the jersey and didn't change the piping is ridiculous.

It is absolutely ridiculous. It's like they think that piping is still all the rage (not that it even was back in 2007).

Not a fan of that new Avs' shoulder patch.

The Coyotes look terrible.

When I look back at it, and this is just my opinion, 2007 (or so) until 2015 just won't be remembered fondly for excellent NHL uniforms. Too many teams have jerseys that are pretty bad, and teams either don't change bad designs for whatever reason (Avs, Sens, Penguins, et al) or change to something worse (Hurricanes, Lightning, Coyotes, et al).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Funny, I was just thinking last week about the Canadiens having an "LNH" patch, like the Alouettes' "LCF" one.

So now, there are three different collar shields being used by NHL teams.

NHL, LNH and...

Two different NHL ones:

1. Tackle-twill shield, embroidered with flat silver thread, used on all jersey designs introduced 2007-12

2. Felt-flocked shield, printed with white text and outline and given a textured finish, used on all jersey designs introduced 2013-present

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If the Coyotes' jerseys had a bit more going on along the hem, I'd really be into them.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The 3rd jersey they had for five seasons says "hi". As does their former shoulder patch.

Archived