2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again this is all Steve's concept, I just wanted to apply a few tweaks. I hope he doesn't mind, I just really liked the concept.

It's okay to use someone else's concept, as long as you cite who it's from. It you already mentionned it, then there's no problem.

About Pittsburgh's photo that looks like the nameplate is on Navy Blue fabric. I think the Penguins are playing tricks on everyone. The NHL's rule on alternate jerseys is that an alternate must be worn for two seasons. Even the Turd Burger, yes, THE TURD BURGER was no exception to this rule. The Penguins' Throwback is their third jersey. They still have to wear it for one more season before they make any changes. If they are going to make any changes, this offseason won't be when they do it, however, I have a feeling that next year, we might finally see the end of Vegas Gold.

11376250_470900566416629_1131744927_n.jp

From the Penguins website/instagram account. Where did the navy blue one come from?

Twitter

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

All credit goes to the original posters (steve?) concept. Just tweaked it a bit but this would have been great as a shoulder patch. Actually fits with the rest of the design.

49uY7vK.png

Looks good, but Reminds me a lot of this.

1062px-Vancouver_Canucks_Home_Logo.svg.p

Don't worry, you guys can have it if it means the Orcas gone.

They're both C's with a frosted bottom half, that's where the similarities end. I will finally agree that it's time for the Orca to go. Got a feeling a change is already in the works for next year.

I think once a year there needs to be a night where certain teams are asked to bring back truly ugly jerseys, just so we can appreciate what's out there now. Idk if it should be one game, or a night of a few games, or every team, but it'd be great to get the Canucks Flying V jerseys back on the ice just to appreciate how good their crappy orca logo with stupid city name on top truly is.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I think once a year there needs to be a night where certain teams are asked to bring back truly ugly jerseys, just so we can appreciate what's out there now. Idk if it should be one game, or a night of a few games, or every team, but it'd be great to get the Canucks Flying V jerseys back on the ice just to appreciate how good their crappy orca logo with stupid city name on top truly is.

Once in a blue moon, sure, but not once a year. That's even too much in my opinion. I think the Flying V's are actually really cool. Now I agree on the Orca, it needs to finally go. It is a very good logo but growing up watching the Canucks wear the Orca, I have never liked it on the front of their jerseys. Their pre-edge jerseys suited the Orca far better than their current ones but still, I never liked it then, and especially now. I hope they either go back to the 1970 jerseys, just like what they wore a few years back for their 40th Anniversary, or the 94' Skate jerseys. If they have to come up with something brand new, if it is something great, then I will gladly take it. I still don't see Johnny Canuck (The Skating Lumberjack) working out as the main logo on their jerseys.

Thinking about it, i absolutely LOVE the idea of the orca as a shoulder patch.

Me too. My only problem is I don't see anything better to replace it up front.

Unfortunately, that's the problem. The Orca as a shoulder patch would be an interesting idea for a new third jersey. To me, the Canucks are a lot like the Avalanche. Where the Canucks have far better jerseys, I think it's time they brought out at least a new third jersey as well. I think Vancouver's third is quite a bit better than their home jersey, minus the agency font, (That needs to go too!!!) however, if there's another team out there that needs to make a change, I think it is the Canucks.

Honestly, while the orca is imperfect, it's the best logo the Canucks have. Skating Johnny wouldn't work as a primary. The V/Johnny Head wouldn't either. The stick-in-rink isn't as good as a primary. It looks OK on the thirds but I doubt it'd work if it was used more than that. The Millionaires logo shouldn't see any use outside of the throwbacks. The problem that the Canucks have is that they don't have anything better right now, but if they got rid of the wordmark, they'd be in much better shape.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I literally can't conceive how anyone could like the orca, I cannot see a single, solitary appeal to it. I guess the totem pole whale idea has some potential, but it's done so awkwardly that I cannot comprehend the appeal to it.

And the sad thing is it's still probably their best primary ever.

And CRichardson, why exactly wouldn't the Johnny logo work as a primary? Only reason I can think of is that it's a bit reminiscent of Pittsburgh's logo, but truth be told they should go back to the 90's logo.

Archived