2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

The Senators' 25th anniversary logo is for... the season after next? There's a whole lotta "What the hell are you doing, Ottawa" from top to bottom here.

IMG_20150706_112013_zpsqtynwtji.jpg

There's a whole celebration year in Ottawa in 2017, it being the 150th anniversary of Canada itself. Releasing the branding a season early to tie in to the whole "Ottawa 2017" campaign is smart. The logo is crap, though.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think (much like Montreal did for its 100th) it's probably a combination of 25th year of operation and 25th season of play. Use of the word "anniversary" is obviously wrong with that, but we're long down that rabbit hole a sports community. Toothpaste ain't going back into that tube.

As far as the actual logo, hot flaming garbage. Horrible.

Also, can't forget the French version:

CJPmHMCVEAEl4mA.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Let's talk about how uncentered the text beneath the "XXV" is.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Doesn't exactly instill me with confidence that they will ever fix their disastrous 2007 re brand. That 3D centurion looked dated the second it was released... The chrome treatment adds a bold underline to this reality

The 2007 rebrand was a vast improvement.

This, however, is awful.

First person I've heard say this. I could see the red uniform being an improvement over the "Toga" but the white road an improvement over this? Respectfully disagree. I really think this uniform needs to come back with the matching black counterpart.

1Es8P9G.jpg

They should have used the 2000 black alternate as a base for the Edge jerseys. The 3D centurion is better than the 2D.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The 2007 rebrand was a vast improvement.

This, however, is awful.

First person I've heard say this. I could see the red uniform being an improvement over the "Toga" but the white road an improvement over this? Respectfully disagree. I really think this uniform needs to come back with the matching black counterpart.

1Es8P9G.jpg

Their very first set may very well be the Senators' best look. I hated when they added white to the black jersey. I wouldn't be mad against bringing something similar back using the updated 2d logo. That includes the S-wing (?) shoulder logo.

As for the anniversary logo, I'm guessing that isn't the actual patch they will put on the jersey and more just for putting on banners and posters, which would be kinda okay. Speaking of their anniversary, it would be a perfect time to make a jersey switch.

Let me rephrase:

The Senators' 2007 rebrand produced a superior set of logos. That original logo? A joke.

The jerseys... no. But I'll take them over the originals; the color balance was terrible on both of them. This is really the only particularly good jersey they've had (if you ignore the terrible Peace Tower shoulder logo):

Ottawa-Senators-Black-Alternate-Third-je

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

it bothers me they introduced the profile circular logo, which is perfect for a jersey shoulder and instead they use the less good barberpole O. The logos now are better than they logos were. It's that they still use that stupid jersey template when barberpole is right there for the taking, a look they could own and stand out from the NHL's deluge of red and black teams and they still choose not to that bothers me so much.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived