2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it bothers me they introduced the profile circular logo, which is perfect for a jersey shoulder and instead they use the less good barberpole O. The logos now are better than they logos were. It's that they still use that stupid jersey template when barberpole is right there for the taking, a look they could own and stand out from the NHL's deluge of red and black teams and they still choose not to that bothers me so much.

The updated profile logo should be the primary. Far superior to the awkwardly shaped 3d Centurion.

Probably because of all of the sewn-on stars on the old clown suits.

Those "clown suits" are very nice jerseys. There's a reason why the Capitals decided to sport the throwback jersey for their road Playoff games instead of their away jersey.

The 2007 rebrand was a vast improvement.

This, however, is awful.

First person I've heard say this. I could see the red uniform being an improvement over the "Toga" but the white road an improvement over this? Respectfully disagree. I really think this uniform needs to come back with the matching black counterpart.

1Es8P9G.jpg

Their very first set may very well be the Senators' best look. I hated when they added white to the black jersey. I wouldn't be mad against bringing something similar back using the updated 2d logo. That includes the S-wing (?) shoulder logo.

As for the anniversary logo, I'm guessing that isn't the actual patch they will put on the jersey and more just for putting on banners and posters, which would be kinda okay. Speaking of their anniversary, it would be a perfect time to make a jersey switch.

Tomorrow would be the perfect time for a jersey switch. :P Ottawa's first white jersey wasn't bad but wasn't great either, in my opinion. I think it had a little too much black. I am not a huge fan of that jersey, though I think it is better than their current road jersey. I still think their third jersey and the cream-colored Heritage Classic jersey would be a great choice moving forward. I would like to see at least one team have a non-white road jersey. When it comes to logos, Ottawa's first logo when they started in 1992 has always been my favorite Senators logo. I'd be happy if they went with that and either create new jerseys or make some changes to the first two jerseys that they wore.

Doesn't exactly instill me with confidence that they will ever fix their disastrous 2007 re brand. That 3D centurion looked dated the second it was released... The chrome treatment adds a bold underline to this reality

When they produce an Anniversary logo this bad, I have to agree with you. Right now, their 2007 rebrand unfortunately appears to be staying for the long haul. Out of curiosity, how does Ottawa's current logo look dated? Can you explain where you are coming from when you say that? I don't see what's so dated about it. It looks like a recent style logo to me.

Ottawa's Anniversary Logo is what I would call a CHROMETASTROPHY!!!!! I find that most of us don't agree on a lot of things related to sports jerseys and logos on here but the Senators' 25th Anniversary is so freakin' bad that it is already a unanimous opinion that it is a colossal disaster.

Let me rephrase:

The Senators' 2007 rebrand produced a superior set of logos. That original logo? A joke.

The jerseys... no. But I'll take them over the originals; the color balance was terrible on both of them. This is really the only particularly good jersey they've had (if you ignore the terrible Peace Tower shoulder logo):

Ottawa-Senators-Black-Alternate-Third-je

Too bad there was never a road version of that jersey....or should I say home version because this was before the switch I believe...

And you'd be correct. They started wearing that alternate in the 2000-01 season.

EDIT: Random thought - when did Reebok acquire CCM/Koho? Obviously it was sometime during the lockout, but I'm wondering at what point there was still a chance that the league would have continued with CCM/Koho branding had any part of that season been salvaged.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm pretty sure it would in 04-05 and then flip in 05-06 but definitely would've pushed the Reebok center ice gear (shirts jackets etc)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Probably because of all of the sewn-on stars on the old clown suits.

Those "clown suits" are very nice jerseys. There's a reason why the Capitals decided to sport the throwback jersey for their road Playoff games instead of their away jersey.

The reason being nostalgia and the fact that their current roads are maligned and outdated.

I do like the basic design of the throwbacks, but the logo is easily among the worst in Big 4 league history, BEYOND amateurish and completely lame. Their current logo isn't much better, but it, at the very least, isn't as poorly drawn as the original.

I do still kinda like the now former white alt, the red and blue work good with a white background, but the white yoke and blue on red of the new red throwback brings the set further down.

The Avalanche have different 20th Anniversary patches for both the Home/Away and the third jersey:

I2hKLVP.pngLNZfAnr.png

With the Avs logo on the third jersey patch, I would say its safe to assume that jersey won't feature the Avs logo at all....

The Senators' 25th anniversary logo is for... the season after next? There's a whole lotta "What the hell are you doing, Ottawa" from top to bottom here.

IMG_20150706_112013_zpsqtynwtji.jpg

That is just so brutally, brutally bad.

I'm hoping there's enough fan backlash that they change it, they still have, what, two seasons?

I wish they'd just switch back to the original 90's logo (and keep their current -O- heritage jersey) that one looked so much better.

Jersey-ad.png

I bought my first Leafs jersey at Doug Laurie Sporting Goods!

I miss the days when all jerseys were quality replicas under $100 bucks.

If MLG is 60 Carlton... is 62 Carlton that little shop located at the SE corner of Maple Leaf Gardens that was known and Leafsport by the time the Gardens closed?

I just checked on Google Maps... that was the location

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Jersey-ad.png

I bought my first Leafs jersey at Doug Laurie Sporting Goods!

I miss the days when all jerseys were quality replicas under $100 bucks.
This ad is from before 1991. Those replicas were anything but quality.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived