2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

The Avalanche have different 20th Anniversary patches for both the Home/Away and the third jersey:

I2hKLVP.pngLNZfAnr.png

With the Avs logo on the third jersey patch, I would say its safe to assume that jersey won't feature the Avs logo at all....

Sure it's just lighting, but it looks like the patch on the left has the team's original shade of burgundy while the one on the right has the current

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what the Islanders' new alternate is going to look like. I thought their Stadium Series jersey was the best third the Islanders have ever worn. Also, I remember hearing that a lot of people in a poll preferred the Senators' =O= logo over anything else they have had. I hope they switch to that look fulltime. I still want to see a Vintage White road jersey.

I have a bad feeling it'll end up being a black and white Islanders alt. Because the last black alternate went over so well...

it's confirmed that it's a black-and-white third. just no one knows what it looks like...yet...

sig2024.png

I have a bad feeling it'll end up being a black and white Islanders alt. Because the last black alternate went over so well...

it's confirmed that it's a black-and-white third. just no one knows what it looks like...yet...

If it's going to be black and white than I don't even care what the design is.

If the Islanders make a black and white jersey similar to the Stadium Series jersey they just retired, I think it wouldn't be all that bad of a jersey, however, I'm hoping that with whatever they have decided on, I really hope that they at least include the blue and orange somewhere on the jersey, and by that, I mean somewhere that isn't just a shoulder patch. If it is just black and white, it could still turn out to be an alright jersey. I know that they want a Brooklyn jersey, that is black and white like the Nets but they are the Islanders and their colours are Royal Blue and Orange and I think that this new alternate should have this teams' main colours somewhere on the jersey.

If the Islanders make a black and white jersey similar to the Stadium Series jersey they just retired, I think it wouldn't be all that bad of a jersey, however, I'm hoping that with whatever they have decided on, I really hope that they at least include the blue and orange somewhere on the jersey, and by that, I mean somewhere that isn't just a shoulder patch. If it is just black and white, it could still turn out to be an alright jersey. I know that they want a Brooklyn jersey, that is black and white like the Nets but they are the Islanders and their colours are Royal Blue and Orange and I think that this new alternate should have this teams' main colours somewhere on the jersey.

You're right, it would be even worse.

Well, it's been a couple weeks and I was hoping the new shoulder patch on the Blue Jackets jerseys would grow on me and it has not grown on me.

It's as annoying to look at now as it was when they dropped it on the draft stage. In the Brandon Saad press conference it looked like they gave him a counterfeit jersey that had the wrong logo on the shoulders. That's what it looks like now, a counterfeit jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's a damn shame the Stadium Series jersey is being retired. I actually liked that one.

I, too, like the Stadium Series jerseys quite a bit, as does a significant portion of the Isles' fan base. It's very popular here on the Island.

I would tend to agree with former portion of Morgo's assessment: I think you're going to get something super bland. However, I'd love a Brooklyn Americans-inspired look rendered in black-and-whote.

sig2024.png

If the Isles put orange and blue on a black third they'll be as much of a mess as the last black third was. If they have to go with a black third then just go black and white like the Nets and wear it very sparingly. Who am I kidding, they'll probably wear it every other game.

.... And then those jerseys were used for the Jets when they were brought into the NHL in 1979, sans the Helvetica name and number fonts.

Didn't the Jets literally buy the Rangers' used jerseys and strip them?

I think it was more a matter of John Ferguson bringing them with him from New York when he was hired as the Jets GM. That idea holds some merit, though.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

.... And then those jerseys were used for the Jets when they were brought into the NHL in 1979, sans the Helvetica name and number fonts.

Didn't the Jets literally buy the Rangers' used jerseys and strip them?

Not quite. The Rangers' 76-78 jerseys were manufactured by New York-based Gerry Cosby & Company, Inc. The Jets' 79-80 jerseys were manufactured by Maska, which, I'm assuming, was based in Canada. Not to mention, besides the crest and name/number fonts, the collar was slightly different on the two uniforms -- there's a white middle stripe in the middle, making the pattern blue-white-blue on the homes and red-white-red on the roads.

Archived