2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

3B6CA465-97FC-4515-843B-FBB80F804CCA_zps

I think it's the Remparts jersey with the Nordiques logo digitally inserted. Quebecor, who wants to bring the Nordiques back, also own the Remparts and will be playing in the new arena.

7bf0d000-769d-11e4-aff8-cf98de53d7a7_Boo

Yep, that's it. With the CCM on the chest and no NHL logo in the collar, it has to be an AHL jersey.

I thought maybe it had a thinner stripe that tapered like the Bruins or Blues, but everything else falls into place, so I must be mistaken

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's the Remparts jersey with the Nordiques logo digitally inserted. Quebecor, who wants to bring the Nordiques back, also own the Remparts and will be playing in the new arena.

There's no QMJHL crest on the suspected Nordiques sweater, and no CCM logo on the Remparts' sweater's chest.

Has to be an AHL jersey? Maybe, I'm missing something but I don't think AHL teams wear CCM branded jerseys.

Yes they do.

TEUVO1228.jpg

That's Teuvo Teravainen wearing a Rockford IceHogs jersey. The AHL went to CCM branding either this past season or the season before and there's some speculation that, as part of Adidas refocusing Reebok on its roots (i.e., a track sports brand) they may go to CCM branding for all of their hockey equipment.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I love that subtle end shot of that video with the guy in the Nordiques jersey. I think it is just a slightly edited Remparts jersey. Why the CCM is on the front, I have no idea, unless, they edited their one game only Memorial Cup jersey they wore back in May. I hope Quebec gets their team back. They have great fans there and they will do a lot better than some franchises have in the past few years.

The Canucks had their annual state of the franchise event last week and someone asked Linden when they are going to ditch the whale. The management team responded saying they have put thought into it and that the home and road jerseys/logo aren't going anywhere. They did however say they are playing with a few different third jersey options and asked the fans if they prefer the stick n rink logo or Johnny.

Then today they posted the following on instagram and asked fans to vote for a or b. Could we be seeing the striping,jersey color and logo of a new third to come next year?

I much prefer the blue one. The main stripe should never be the same colour as the rest of the uniform. Great to see that the logo is Johnny Canuck. I also love the striping. The fact that the green doesn't bleed into the blue makes it that much better. Even the silver is a nice touch.

As for the Canucks' state of the union summit, the comment made by the fan who asked Linden the logo question was very spot on. The Canucks need a logo that says "Canucks Hockey" and not a reminder of the previous Orca Bay ownership. What Chief Operating Officer, Victor de Bonis said about the "orca not going anywhere" and what the club will eventually do down the road are entirely two different things. However, the reason he gave for keeping the orca is that "it's what the 25-and-under fans have ever known. The kids, the grandkids". Really?? What a lame excuse for keeping a logo that's irrelevant to the club's name and heritage. He even got out of his chair and bellowed, "WHAT ABOUT FIN? WHAT ABOUT FIN?" Had I been in attendance, I would have told de Bonis that both the Winnipeg Jets and Seattle Mariners have a moose mascot and neither of their logos feature a moose.

Great sports franchises have a brand that represent the majority of their fan base, not one that caters to one particular demographic or two. The majority of a team's fan base is obviously over the age of 25. Those long-time fans need to have their voices heard first. I was 27 at the time when the Canucks ditched the Skate logo. As much as I loved the identity of the '94 Cup finalist team, I was more than accepting to say good-bye to it if Johnny Canuck, the Stick in Rink or even a 'V' logo with "CANUCKS" on the inside had been the new logo. Only to be hugely disappointed that Orca Bay had put it's corporate animal in the Canucks' identity.

Keep in mind too that there are teams that gradually promote a third jersey to primary status. I wouldn't be surprised if de Bonis was simply biting his tongue on what is really going on behind the scenes.

As a fellow Canuck fan, in my early 20's, I can honestly tell you that I do not care for the Orca. I grew up with it and even when I was younger, I still much preferred and still do to this day, all of their older looks over the entire Orca era. If the Canucks do promote their third jersey, they need to lose the Agency Font pronto. That font is terrible. If the Canucks keep the blue and green, I hope they bring back the 40th Anniversary jersey. Say what you want about the Original Stick'n'Rink logo but that jersey is outstanding. If the Canucks come out with a new alternate, I hope they finally attempt a jersey with Johnny Canuck. It's time for the Canucks to change one of their three main jerseys.

A little off topic from recent talk on here but is anyone starting to think the Ducks are just bringing back their Stadium Series jersey as their new third jersey? I hope that they don't because that jersey was so plain and boring. I wonder if Frederick Andersen's helmet might have leaked it. You know, the one with the orange jersey that had the Mighty Ducks logo on the front. I'm pretty sure it is not that but that wouldn't be a bad choice though.

Has to be an AHL jersey? Maybe, I'm missing something but I don't think AHL teams wear CCM branded jerseys.

Yes they do.

TEUVO1228.jpg

That's Teuvo Teravainen wearing a Rockford IceHogs jersey. The AHL went to CCM branding either this past season or the season before and there's some speculation that, as part of Adidas refocusing Reebok on its roots (i.e., a track sports brand) they may go to CCM branding for all of their hockey equipment.

Thanks for that.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

There's no QMJHL crest on the suspected Nordiques sweater, and no CCM logo on the Remparts' sweater's chest.

The QMJHL crest would obviously be removed. But, watch this video at around 3:20 and you can see the Remparts did have CCM on the front of their jersey in April. https://youtu.be/NO4svbOQ9rs?t=3m20s The fact that the triangle where the NHL crest would usually go is white just like the Remparts make me think it definitely is their jersey. I don't follow the CHL, but if you look around, a lot of the jerseys have CCM on the front. It might not be the jersey, but since Quebecor probably put that video together, it wouldn't surprise me that they either took existing video and put the Nords logo on it or shot it specifically for that video. And the easiest thing for whoever shot it would be to use the Remparts jersey.

Pretty sure they could make the changes with Photoshop

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This uniform set was criminally underrated, and for good reason... It lasted just 3 seasons. Put the shoulder patch on both sides and you have the perfect look for the Yotes. So much better than what was unveiled at the draft

BKuhuVa.jpgRuq7Cne.jpg

The biggest issue with the Edge set wasn't the continued use of one shoulder patch. It was the removal of the hem stripe. That ruined the look. Same goes for the Thrashers' blue jersey, the Kings' first Edge jerseys, the Wild's red jersey, etc. etc.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I liked that the Edge set added the contrasting yoke on the white jersey and stripes on the pants, but dropping the hem stripe negated those upgrades. Plus, the mismatched name/number fonts were horrid. I like the new set more, but it's still not as good as the Kachina original.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This uniform set was criminally underrated, and for good reason... It lasted just 3 seasons. Put the shoulder patch on both sides and you have the perfect look for the Yotes. So much better than what was unveiled at the draft

BKuhuVa.jpgRuq7Cne.jpg

I would call this their third best behind their first uniforms at #1 and the new look at #2.

Kicking myself for not noticing this sooner, but the blue in the Av's new secondary logo is not the same shade from the rest of their identity. It's in fact Navy. One question comes to mind... Why??

YuQRVgp.png

C5qlgBo.png

Colors of the new alternate jersey I suppose.

If they were using the navy blue to replace black, it could work out fine. But since they seem to just be tossing it in on top of the existing color scheme, well... par for the course for the Edge-era Avalance. Given the rate they're botching things, I expect a full rebrand to Rocky Mountain Xtreme in 2017.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not logo news, but Quebec City and Las Vegas emerged as the only bidders for the expansion slots open, with Seattle failing to place a bid by the Monday deadline. League said it will not accept late applications, and it appears none of the arena proposals in Seattle were able to move forward. Still a long process, but very interesting. Las Vegas still going with Black Knights name, Quebec obviously attempting a Nordiques return.

Archived