2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My money's on a rework of the 3rd jersey "Minnesota" script. It's gonna be lame.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

CLqeP7-W8AAEwvu.jpg

Nine times out of ten, as long as the Event logo isn't super lame like the recent Super Bowl and Grey Cup (CFL) logos, I usually don't give a damn about what they look like but in this case, I gotta say, I think the NHL did a really good job with this new Stadium Series logo.

If only that ridiculous Reebok white piping could be eliminated, the number on the front of the sweater removed, and to top it off switch the color back to royal blue from this current dark blue then the Sabres would have the ultimate home uniform set.

It's nice to dream!

sabres_zpsescefsw8.jpg

It isn't official, but the Las Vegas Sun has put up a poll with six different possible names for the expansion team. They are: Black Knights, Scorpions, Mustangs, Aces, Monsoon, and Miners.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/aug/03/vote-mascot-potential-las-vegas-hockey-team/

Here are my rankings of the potential nicknames:

1. Aces: A no brainer for Vegas's first major pro sports teams. The "ace trumps a king" metaphor makes it an even better fit.
  2. Mustangs: Horse mascots are underused in pro sports, and I can imagine some great logo concepts.
  3. Scorpions: Like Mustangs this can lead to some cool logos. Doesn't roll off the tongue as well as the above two names.
  4. Miners: Not the most conventional nickname for a Vegas based team, but still pretty original.
  5. Black Knights: Would be higher on the list if it were just Knights. Las Vegas Black Knights is too much of a mouthful. Plus there'll be a medieval themed team that primarily wears black in their division.
  6. Monsoon: The NHL already has the Hurricanes, Lightning, and Avalanche. That's more than enough weather phenomenon-related names for one league.

It isn't official, but the Las Vegas Sun has put up a poll with six different possible names for the expansion team. They are: Black Knights, Scorpions, Mustangs, Aces, Monsoon, and Miners.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/aug/03/vote-mascot-potential-las-vegas-hockey-team/

Here are my rankings of the potential nicknames:

1. Aces: A no brainer for Vegas's first major pro sports teams. The "ace trumps a king" metaphor makes it an even better fit.
  2. Mustangs: Horse mascots are underused in pro sports, and I can imagine some great logo concepts.
  3. Scorpions: Like Mustangs this can lead to some cool logos. Doesn't roll off the tongue as well as the above two names.
  4. Miners: Not the most conventional nickname for a Vegas based team, but still pretty original.
  5. Black Knights: Would be higher on the list if it were just Knights. Las Vegas Black Knights is too much of a mouthful. Plus there'll be a medieval themed team that primarily wears black in their division.
  6. Monsoon: The NHL already has the Hurricanes, Lightning, and Avalanche. That's more than enough weather phenomenon-related names for one league.

How about the Las Vegas 404s... :)

But out of those names, I agree with your rankings. Except scorpions, I think that is a lame XFL style name.

If only that ridiculous Reebok white piping could be eliminated, the number on the front of the sweater removed, and to top it off switch the color back to royal blue from this current dark blue then the Sabres would have the ultimate home uniform set.

It's nice to dream!

sabres_zpsescefsw8.jpg

It's a damn shame Buffalo hasn't gone back to Royal Blue. Their current look is just not the same. I will actually miss the Turd Burger, I thought it was kind of neat for a third jersey, and I loved making fun of them for wearing that too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Sabres decide to bring the Royal Blue jersey back as a new third. Something tells me that the fans much prefer their original look and I kinda think after the Turd Burger, they might bring it back sooner than we think. I know the Sabres said no more alternates anytime soon, but, I can see them having a change of heart, especially if the team becomes relevant again.

Aces and Mustangs are the only names suggested that I like. The other four, I don't like them at all. If they had just "Knights" as an option, that would be my choice. I think a team called the Las Vegas Blackjacks would be awesome, however, it is just like the name, Black Knights, where it is a little too close to Blackhawks.

I know the Sabres said no more alternates anytime soon, but, I can see them having a change of heart, especially if the team becomes relevant again.

Well, the guy that said that was fired...

• Aces: A no brainer for Vegas's first major pro sports teams. The "ace trumps a king" metaphor makes it an even better fit.

Kings Over Aces in Front of a Full House

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived