2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gradient and bevel look cheap, and the only decent things about the 1996 logo were the hockey stick-"J" and the jet, both of which are absent here. It's literally just the team name awkwardly shoehorned into a circle. It looks like a friggin' coaster design.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The gradient and bevel look cheap, and the only decent things about the 1996 logo were the hockey stick-"J" and the jet, both of which are absent here. It's literally just the team name awkwardly shoehorned into a circle. It looks like a friggin' coaster design.

Agreed - the jet with contrails was what made that 90s logo work.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And also poisoned the children of Manitoba with mind-control chemicals.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The only change we need is the Islanders going back to the fisherman jerseys. That is all.

mhpw6b.jpg

You just like your food to be in pictures on the menu.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

And also poisoned the children of Manitoba with mind-control chemicals.

There's a reason so many kids showed up at Portage and Main to hand over their piggy banks to Barry Shenkarow.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

How has no one complained about Tampa Bay wearing their black alt jerseys against the Kings yet?

First time ever that I've seen a goalie wear number 88. All Tampa needed to do was fill in the sleeves with blue and it would be half decent, clone or no clone.

How has no one complained about Tampa Bay wearing their black alt jerseys against the Kings yet?

First time ever that I've seen a goalie wear number 88. All Tampa needed to do was fill in the sleeves with blue and it would be half decent, clone or no clone.

Just when I got used to 70 and 72 being goalie numbers 88 shows up. The blue they use with the black pops a lot more than it did with the 07 set.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Just when I got used to 70 and 72 being goalie numbers 88 shows up.

At least it's a refreshing change from goalies always using the numbers 1, 30, 31, 35, or 39.

I don't disagree with this thought process. I kept thinking that the whole way throught the game yesterday. That one change and put the logo on the chest and you have a very nice jersey.

Exactly. Though the "Jet" is more like a nondescript polygon. Its a shame the Jets have yet to have a logo that could be considered great.

1102-barrette-jets.png

I remember seeing this like 2 years ago. If i remember , it's from the same guy who made the Senator's heritage jersey on a fan design like this and later became the team's alternate jersey.

I remember this being panned by Icethetics readers. It's quite generic, not that the original was much better.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

1102-barrette-jets.png

I remember seeing this like 2 years ago. If i remember , it's from the same guy who made the Senator's heritage jersey on a fan design like this and later became the team's alternate jersey.

I remember this being panned by Icethetics readers. It's quite generic, not that the original was much better.

If by "generic" you mean it's "beautiful" and is obviously a nod to the original. Just because you use classic striping patterns doesn't mean it's generic. It's nothing like the auto fill Nike football jerseys. This striping pattern is hockey. Probably the most common striping pattern on socks.

1102-barrette-jets.png

If by "generic" you mean it's "beautiful" and is obviously a nod to the original. Just because you use classic striping patterns doesn't mean it's generic. It's nothing like the auto fill Nike football jerseys. This striping pattern is hockey. Probably the most common striping pattern on socks.

So striping that most everyone uses is not generic? It's not autofill?

If a whole bunch of teams use the same pattern, then it most definitely is autofill and generic.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1102-barrette-jets.png

So striping that most everyone uses is not generic? It's not autofill?

If a whole bunch of teams use the same pattern, then it most definitely is autofill and generic.

They are like Northwestern and UCLA stripes in football, it's a classic look, it's a good look, and you associate them with the sport. If they didn't look good and work for the sport, we wouldn't be using them still today.

I can't speak for Wildwing but I took the generic statement to be about the logo not the jersey.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived