2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

If Las Vegas were to come into the NHL together with Quebec I would find it odd that LV would take the name 'Aces'.

That was Quebec's nickname in the AHL thru 1971. I would know, I went to a Buffalo Bisons game at the Aud the season before the Sabres and Canucks entered the NHL and their team was known as the Quebec Aces.

I kinda like the name Las Vegas Ratpack. Quebec fans overwhelmingly want the team to be known as the Nordiques again, that's coming from every article I've read.

Quebec Aces home sweater, 1967-1971 when they were the farm team of the Philadelphia Flyers:

0873ae916557db88.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, if the Sabres were to go back to the retros full-time, I'd make them my new favorite team in a heartbeat.

The collar needs to be identical to the current sweater, use the more modern touched-up logo and presto!

pat-lafontaine.jpg

I know Bardown is the reddit of reddit and is not the greatest journalistic site, but I saw this was in the trending spot on Facebook.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Did%2bAnaheim%2bjust%2bhint%2bthat%2bthey%27ll%2bbe%2bwearing%2bMighty%2bDucks%2bmovie%2b3rd%2bjerseys%2bthis%2byear&id=554847

Do they not get jokes!?

And I remember someone posting a while back in this thread that the Reebok catalogue got updated and it said the Ducks third would be orange.

IbjBaeE.png

Black Knights is still the best of all those nicknames.

In your opinion it is, but it's not gonna happen.

The NHL already has the Black Hawks, they're not gonna allow a 'Black Nights'. I'd move on from that one.

Chris is reporting the Preds will wear gold helmets for 15 home games. I hope this means color-vs-color matchups are forthcoming in Nashville.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

According to Icethetics' "trusted sources," these are the new Ducks thirds:

TAKE ALL MY DAMN MONEY. TAKE IT. TAKE IT ALL.

DUCKS3RD_zpsiqhbmnxw.png

It's orange. It's Mighty. It's all I've ever wanted :lol:

-----

Also that Avs jersey that was lead isn't the Stadium Series jersey. According to Icethetics, it's actually the third jersey. So, take a look.

AVS3RD_zpsheriq4sz.png

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Also that Avs jersey that was lead isn't the Stadium Series jersey. According to Icethetics, it's actually the third jersey. So, take a look.

AVS3RD_zpsheriq4sz.png

The Avs might as well add :flagusa: to the other shoulder. Games against Calgary would become the battle of the uninspired shoulder patches.

I needed to buy a new Ducks jersey and that is going to be my purchase. My gripe is that I like consistent striping so I wish the stripes on the torso would match the sleeve stripes.

A weird note is that the Mighty Ducks logo the current Ducks have been using as an alternate has gold triangles with orange sticks. The Icethetics mockup has the original Mighty Ducks logo with the yellow sticks. So it could just be Icethetics quickly mocking up a jersey with an old logo, or the Ducks are doing something weird with the logo on the third.

IbjBaeE.png

If Las Vegas were to come into the NHL together with Quebec I would find it odd that LV would take the name 'Aces'.

How dare the city built on card games go with the name "Aces!"

Hopefully the Sharks are done with front numbers and this is not a one year thing

20150627__roy~1.JPG

It would be better if the league was done with that notion. Not just the Sharks.

Ducks crushed it. Great jersey and perfect color balance.

Avs fail again. This team has the worst design department in the league. What the &K is that random state flag doing on the shoulders. We get it, the Avalanche play in Colorado... Your new shoulder patch and third crest prove that. No need to add the boring state flag with the out of place yellow.

I hate this team so much.

How dare the city built on card games go with the name "Aces!"

Hopefully the Sharks are done with front numbers and this is not a one year thing

20150627__roy~1.JPG

It would be better if the league was done with that notion. Not just the Sharks.

I wish guys were done with that ridiculous hairstyle.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived