2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I just don't get the sashes. Is there any significance?

I was going to say this, but then I realized they weren't wearing sashes for that game.

soccer-articleLarge.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Detroit source says the sashes are not right and not even close. The real ones will be released soon.

[–]officialredwings 73 points 12 hours ago

Attention everyone, this isn't even close to the real thing, no need to panic. The real one will be unveiled soon, it's a beauty.

Could just be saying that to deflect, but hopefully it's true.

A Detroit source says the sashes are not right and not even close. The real ones will be released soon.

Attention everyone, this isn't even close to the real thing, no need to panic. The real one will be unveiled soon, it's a beauty.

Could just be saying that to deflect, but hopefully it's true.

I'm not a reddit user at all, but the comments seemed to trust this source.

With all the history behind that once great rivalry, you'd think they could come up with something better than that... This outdoor game was the perfect opportunity to bring back the mountain range uniform, in all it's glory. Replace the primary logo on the red wings sweater with the 'Winged D,' to generate merchandise sales, and you have a fantastic match up that accurately reflects the history of a rivalry that split 5 championships.

4nU312G.jpg

Honestly I like Avs altenate, but only from a fan of ugly sweaters point of view. The worst thing about state patch is that the team is named after the said state....

Atleast the Flames can use the dumb excuse of showing Alberta pride as opposed to just the city of Calgary. If someone honestly doesn't know the Avalanche play in Colorado what on earth is going to make them know that's the state flag? How are they even going to know what a flag is if they are that stupid?

I don't think the Avalanche are as bad as the Flames. At least the Avs are Colorado's team. The Flames aren't even Alberta's only team, let alone Canada's.

As far as the Preds' gold helmets, I really don't understand only wearing them on Saturdays. Either switch to gold helmets full time or stick to the navy. It's not like a special occasion jersey that fans are going to buy, it's a helmet.

That Red Wings thing is almost Sabres third bad. Looks like someone gave an 8 year old a blank slate and said, "Here, design a jersey for the Red Wings."

At least the Red Wings jersey is one color.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Avs 3rd is terrible. Stadium Series jerseys look like they're going to be terrible...

...but that Ducks jersey is great. It's what they should have done from the beginning if they were dead set on dropping Eggplant and Jade. Now just make black and white home and away versions.

(I still think the gold is out of place and needs to be replaced. But don't know what color I'd replace it with that would look good with black and orange.)

I agree it's the gold that makes that color scheme look so horrible. I think replacing it with dark green would work...it works for Miami.

If Las Vegas were to come into the NHL together with Quebec I would find it odd that LV would take the name 'Aces'.

How dare the city built on card games go with the name "Aces!"

Hopefully the Sharks are done with front numbers and this is not a one year thing

20150627__roy~1.JPG

It would be better if the league was done with that notion. Not just the Sharks.

I wish guys were done with that ridiculous hairstyle.

I have always preferred the mullet. :P

The preds need to stop ruining their unis. When they first brought them in in 2011 they were perfect, then they added that stupid stripe on the pants and flipped the colors on the away socks.

Their current set has never been good, though I do tip my hat to them for having a yellow jersey though. They should have gone with their last navy blue alternate. Now that was perfect. If I had my way, they would have made that the home jersey with a yellow road jersey.

That uniform set is so overrated

That's how I feel about the original Avalanche jerseys. Buffalo's original set was their best by a country mile and a half.

Here's my unsolicited take on the full Stadium Series set.

DetroitColoradopng_zps0qw8qcwm.png

Awesome job on the mockup. That Detroit logo isn't bad but damn, I can't believe a team as historic as the Red Wings would allow their jersey to be tinkered with in anyway. To me, that's like an S.S. jersey for the Habs. If these are them, they are the worst Stadium Series jerseys yet, besides the Kings jersey from last year and the Ducks.

Fingers crossed this is the case.

Avs 3rd is terrible. Stadium Series jerseys look like they're going to be terrible...

...but that Ducks jersey is great. It's what they should have done from the beginning if they were dead set on dropping Eggplant and Jade. Now just make black and white home and away versions.

(I still think the gold is out of place and needs to be replaced. But don't know what color I'd replace it with that would look good with black and orange.)

I agree it's the gold that makes that color scheme look so horrible. I think replacing it with dark green would work...it works for Miami.

I think a dark grey would look really good with the black and orange. I must say, I am definitely a fan of Anaheim's new third jersey.

Colorado's third is okay, but far from great. I think the look has potential, but looking at this, it looks like they said good enough 1/2 way through designing this jersey. I like it better than their main jerseys but it is still not enough. I wish they just used the old Rockies logo. That would be way better. Also, I like Nashville's yellow helmet. I can't wait to see it on the ice.

Archived