2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick mockup with the Canucks logo as the crest...

d8PBQ4m.jpg

Sorry, but the orca ruins it like it does on the home and away Canucks uniforms.

I would love to see a 'V' logo with sharp corners incorporate the skating Johnny Canuck. Use either that or the Stick In Rink as the primary logo and then use the secondary logo, whether it's JC or the SIR, as the primary logo on this exact green jersey as a third. Also, change the weak Agency font back to block-style.

With these corrections made, the Canucks' identity crisis will finally come to an end.

Make the sky green and the outline/river red... Seriously, how hard is this? It's like the NHL is allergic to designers... Is the north star still actually white in spite of being on a white background??

Jeez, a green sky? Blood river? If the Wild logo is recolored to make the green "Snow" white, I get what their trying to do. However, recoloring things that don't make sense, is just silly.

The problem is, its difficult to recreate a winter scene with the warm colour palette the Wild currently use. Still, I'll take a few design elements that stretch the imagination (red river could perhaps be a reflection of the red star?) over elements with little to no contrast. You can barely see the river or, arguably most important aspect, the animal head outline on the catalogue logo. Another important element is barely visible, in the 'north star.'

At any rate, here's a quick mockup and comparison...

EaGtCUb.pngZxFS9dS.png

Can't believe I'm just seeing this for the first time... I don't care what logo they use, the Canucks need an alternate like this

7lemxxH.jpg

I don't typically like dark jerseys with big white shoulder yokes, or big white blocks at the bottom. I find the white yoke in particular to be outdated. And yet I really like this, and think it would look great on the Canucks.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Can't believe I'm just seeing this for the first time... I don't care what logo they use, the Canucks need an alternate like this

7lemxxH.jpg

I don't typically like dark jerseys with big white shoulder yokes, or big white blocks at the bottom. I find the white yoke in particular to be outdated. And yet I really like this, and think it would look great on the Canucks.

It's likely along the lines of what Oakland would be wearin nowadays if they had survived.

untitled-6.jpg

Anyone else thing the canucks should switch from the killer whale to a haida style thunderbird/eagle with it's wings in a V, just so they can distance themselves from orca bay while still maintaining the connection to the northwestern native tribal art, and there's plenty of V and C shapes in the birds wings and tail feathers. Only problem is it might be a little to seahawkish. Maybe some other animal native to BC?

8396586955_2992aac62b_b.jpg

Anyone else thing the canucks should switch from the killer whale to a haida style thunderbird/eagle with it's wings in a V, just so they can distance themselves from orca bay while still maintaining the connection to the northwestern native tribal art, and there's plenty of V and C shapes in the birds wings and tail feathers. Only problem is it might be a little to seahawkish. Maybe some other animal native to BC?

8396586955_2992aac62b_b.jpg

The problem is just that. They've only been around 45 years, but have had 4 logos including the giant V. They've had nearly every color of the rainbow in their scheme at some point. They have to just find something and stick with it.

My vote would be the current color scheme and logo. The logo's been around nearly 20 years. Whether or not you like it, it's recognizable and is a solid primary logo. They've been successful more often than not in it.

sig.png

Yeah. The last thing the Canucks need is another logo. They've finally nailed down the colours. They just need to pair the logo set down. I'm for using either Johnny Canuck logo as the primary and using the updated stick-in-rink as an alternate.

They just need to pair the logo set down.

Since I think you actually care: it's pare down.

I'm for using either Johnny Canuck logo as the primary...

Yes, preferably the full-body with no additions.

...and using the updated stick-in-rink as an alternate.

Nooooooooooo. The stick-in-rounded-rectangle is dumb.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived