2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the skating Penguin isn't as good as the more realistic triangle penguin, so...

Triangle penguin? You mean the robo-penguin logo? First off, it isn't better and secondly how is it any more realistic? It's a drawing for a sports team. Rabbits don;t live in swamps nor can they play hockey, but people LOVE that logo. What's the difference?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

The other thing we're missing out with the Canucks not using Johnny Canuck is the ability to call them the "Skatin' Johnnies" as a secondary nickname. At least, I'm missing out on calling them that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Has a team ever used logos rather than C and A for captains and alt captains?

For example, the Hurricanes could use a hurricane warning (two red and black flags) for the captain and a storm warning (one red and black flag) or gale warning (two red triangle flags) for the alternate captains.

The Flames have used their own logo for the captain. Strangely, I believe they used a regular A for the alternates instead of the Atlanta Flames logo they use now for the A. Teams should just stick to C or A and not get fancy with the letters.

fleury_644_slide.jpg

The Flames have used their own logo for the captain. Strangely, I believe they used a regular A for the alternates instead of the Atlanta Flames logo they use now for the A. Teams should just stick to C or A and not get fancy with the letters.

fleury_644_slide.jpg

If it weren't for the flags on the current set, this would represent the absolute nadir of Calgary Flames aesthetics. This looked so redundant

Not really deserving of its own thread, but hey, hockey aesthetics!

New red line for the Stars:

CNgukcgUYAAIkMO.jpg

Very cool!

I've heard of teams doing this, but is it fairly common now? (To have custom linework like that.)

If so, it may be worth having a thread devoted to that (NHL and other leagues).

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

CNgukcgUYAAIkMO.jpg

Very cool!

I've heard of teams doing this, but is it fairly common now? (To have custom linework like that.)

Here are all of last year's red lines for the NHL:

Red+Lines.png

Or I think it is for 2014/2015. In any case frozenfaceoff.net is a great website for this particular rabbit hole. I think the guy behind it posts here too actually.

His exaggerated limb movement isn't even the biggest problem, it's the fact that that he's looking straight up. The logo is just strange.

Its also the best damn logo the Canucks have ever had.

That's not saying much.
Midway.png

CNgukcgUYAAIkMO.jpg

Very cool!

Red+Lines.png

Or I think it is for 2014/2015. In any case frozenfaceoff.net is a great website for this particular rabbit hole. I think the guy behind it posts here too actually.

I find it interesting that only one team actually uses a single solid red line.

CNgukcgUYAAIkMO.jpg

Very cool!

Red+Lines.png

I find it interesting that only one team actually uses a single solid red line.

Yea thanks for that graphic, fillmont.

& yea Ark, I'm surprised as well.

I'd be curious to see if there are many in semi pro and minor leagues.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Some of them are too complicated for their own good. It seems using your primary logo for the negative space has become crutch... I think Tampa Bay's is the most effective. Simple but still representative of the team.

I like personal touches, but these are getting very overdesigned. The best approach to take is to do something subtly related to the logo or city but still simple and geometric. St. Louis, for instance, should have five thin red lines like a music staff. The Isles should have four for the four championships. The Penguins should have a series of triangles pointing down for the Golden Triangle in the logo. Ottawa should have a bunch of Os. Buffalo should have Xs to evoke the crossed sabres without rendering the actual logo. The Devils shouldn't do anything fancy because the Devils should never do anything fancy. In fact, most teams don't need to do anything. Montreal especially, what the hell, guys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

CNgukcgUYAAIkMO.jpg

Very cool!

Red+Lines.png

How original, Florida.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Adidas mandate a three-striped red line around the league. Reebok sponsors the lines right now.

Nashville's red line is hideous. Too much crap, and such small portions.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived