2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Cleveland-Falls-Out-of-House-in-Bathtub.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could they atleast make the NY the same size of the stick? Jesus can they do anything right?

If you're referring to the diagonal stroke, it's that way in the original. And it's the best part of the monogram.

original.png

Now I see they've shortened the stick a bit. That I'm not in love with.

GqQTYaY.png

It was better in the original, just remove the silly silver lining and you're good to go.

Islanders-NY-Logo.jpg

That jersey paired with white pants, and white stripped socks could make it better

White breezers? Yeah, no thanks. Puck marks galore by the end of the game.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I'm trying my best not to lose my damn mind over this atrocious disaster of a jersey.

I like that they added navy and orange on the inside of the collar to try to be cool or whatever the :censored:....

But, way to go ruining a classic teams identity, classic logo because Brooklyn needs to be black and white. Brooklyn needs to be hard and street to sell merchandise. Brooklyn is so edgy and cool.

GO F*** OFF BROOKLYN!

Could they atleast make the NY the same size of the stick? Jesus can they do anything right?

The NHL is becoming a joke.

It's a third jersey for a team that you're not even a fan of. Get over yourself.

I'm trying my best not to lose my damn mind over this atrocious disaster of a jersey.

I like that they added navy and orange on the inside of the collar to try to be cool or whatever the :censored:....

But, way to go ruining a classic teams identity, classic logo because Brooklyn needs to be black and white. Brooklyn needs to be hard and street to sell merchandise. Brooklyn is so edgy and cool.

GO F*** OFF BROOKLYN!

It's a third jersey for a team that you're not even a fan of. Get over yourself.

So because someone's not a fan of a certain team, they can't tell that the NHL has put out :censored: after :censored: jersey-wise for the past few years?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

GO F*** OFF BROOKLYN!

The reactions may be a bit strong, but the sweater is more than a bit bad.

I've been an Islander fan for over 3 decades now (born in MI, moved to NY at age 10) and this one hurts.

I get that we were going to have to bite the bullet on a Brooklyn-ized 3rd jersey and it was going to be black and white. And I made peace with that, because I think the benefits of playing in Barclay's far outweigh the drawbacks, so I'm willing to have an off center scoreboard and a third jersey designed after the color scheme of an NBA team who hasn't had 1/10 the success we've had.

But this is just bad. If we were going to do a "Brooklyn" third, then do a "Brooklyn" third. This jersey says nothing about Brooklyn, other than sharing the Nets boring ass monochrome color scheme and minimalist feel. This jersey feels more like it's for a 40 and over Men's League (don't knock it, we're pretty competitive) in Syosset or virtually anywhere in NY state. There's nothing uniquely "Brooklyn" about this.

It's become the color scheme because Jay-Z told a basketball team from New Jersey to start using it. It's not really an organic development. It references the Nets. That's it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived