2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the Kings' twitter popped off about the Islanders ripping them off (so did the Bolts), or are they too embarrassed about Voynov probably getting deported to make jokes about the misfortune of others?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thoughts on the leaked NY Islanders jersey:

The overall look is very generic, I could see this specific template being the next NHL practice jersey with colors and logos switched out. The four stripes on the sleeve could denote anything (Unlike the early '90's sleeve patch that not only denoted the cup wins but also created a nautical/lighthouse barber pole theme). Any jersey that doesn't have a hem design (more thank a single line of pipping) immediately makes me think of a practice jersey. Finally, the "NY" logo looks squeezed, especially considering all the excess space on the front of the jersey. This jersey is just another "meh" design from the NHL (thinking of the Lightning current alt and the the current descriptions of the Stadiums Series jerseys)

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

They took a completely blank jersey and added Penguins throwback stripes/Predators guitar strings on the arms and called it a day? So underwhelming that this is all they come up with...

I would expect the requisite ridiculous jersey explanation diagram to say the four thin stripes are for the four cup wins.

I wouldn't call it horrible, not compared to the previous black 3rd, but it could certainly use a better hem stripe and something else going on.

I'm one of those people who leaves a team's history completely out of consideration when looking at the aesthetics of a jersey. On those merits alone, the black alternate that the Islanders had 3 years ago, I actually liked a lot!

These new ones though, if real, are.....overwhelmingly dull. It literally looks like a practise jersey with just four little pieces of piping for the sleeve stripes and that's it.

I do like the logo though, The monogram is actually strong enough to seperate from their classic logo that it can work as a logo on it's own. It worked very well on the Stadium Series jersey. Here though, it is literally the only highlight.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Is that Stars jersey a concept or something? Never seen it.

It was a prototype when the Stars made their logo change. There's photos of the real-life version floating around the internet somewhere.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As a 30+ year Islander fan I'm not surprised that they're putting out another half-assed, :censored: alternate. Hopefully it's only relegated to a couple of games then never seen again. Hopefully the Al Arbour memorial patch won't be as half-assed as this thing.

It's become the color scheme because Jay-Z told a basketball team from New Jersey to start using it. It's not really an organic development. It references the Nets. That's it.

Since when are municipal colors "organic"?

It's now being used by our half-marathon, by countless local businesses and at least one Scout troop. So no, it's not just the Nets; it's been adopted by us as a symbol of our borough.

They're not municipal colors, at least not in the sense that Pittsburgh's colors are black and yellow, or New York's are blue and orange (which would have gone on suiting the Islanders just fine). I'm not surprised that local businesses ripped off the Nets and their pandering. The confederation of Iowans that is modern-day Brooklyn likes going up its own ass.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hey, hey, be fair; Goth's from Wisconsin.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'll miss the stadium series uniform. I know it's a low bar, but that was the best alternate the team has ever come up with.

If only they changed the arm striping, you'd have the Stadium Series jersey in black. That's all it would take really.

Archived