MLB Redesign 2015 (Miami Logo Troubles C&C Needed)

martymcfry

I had promised an NFL series, but I got inspired for some MLB teams and decided to put that on hold and redesign the MLB. Before I show the first team, I have a few things I need to mention:

• Since I'm doing this in paint, I am depixelating every logo and I doubled the size of the template to make it as clean as possible.
  • I am limiting every team to 5 jerseys and 3 caps
  • I'm not going to create new logos, but I can use past logos and recolor any logo I see as needed.
  • I'll be going division by divison, starting with the NL East through the AL West.

Let's start this thing with the Atlanta Braves

bvhyTfa.png

The Braves have very nice uniforms, so I didn't change much. The home and road are perfect, so I left them unchanged. The alternates, though, need some changes. The USA alternate feels very out of place. I replaced the USA script with a recolored version of the home script. The road alternate has the navy lettering replaced by red, and I removed throwback, though I am willing to bring them back if wanted. Overall they go mostly unchanged. The Marlins are next.

NL East: Atlanta Braves | Miami Marlins

The only thing I would change is the number font. Make it their current font and I think it will be great. And I agree they have classic uniforms that don't need to be changed much.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that - the current number font is the NFL Varsity Block. I thought it would make more sense for them to use the MLB Block font.

Some might disagree, but I think your red squatchee on the road cap makes it bearable. I can't stand the fact that they use no red on their caps. Seems lazy even though, I know, they used the all-navy caps before.

Yep, I almost made the squatchee navy but decided it needed more red.

Anyone else? Miami is ready to go.

I'm probably one of the few people to actually like there current blue alternates, it just need some updates, if youre gonna add more red on the jerseys you might as well throw on a red bill on the blue alternates.

My goal there wasn't really to add red as much as it was to eliminate extra blue. The all-blue hat is the road hat, so I wouldn't use the red-billed cap on it.

If I can get a couple more comments, I might post Miami later.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Atlanta. These are very solid. I know you're limiting yourself to 5 jerseys so the addition of a throwback for your 5th would be nice. Maybe something like the cursive "a" cap logo from the mid-70's. That would be a nice touch. Looking forward to the rest of this series.

All right, next up, Miami

jkcgExZ.png

Miami has a terrible identity, the worst in baseball in my opinion. The logo, besides the coloring, isn't that bad though. So, instead of going back to the Florida Marlins, I recolored the logo black and teal. It looks waaaaayyyyyyy better than the black, orange, yellow, and blue version of the logo. Teal is more emphasized on the jerseys, and the primary cap is black with a teal bill. The home jerseys use the logo instead of the wordmark, which is based off one of my favorite Florida alternates. I also replaced the font. Please provide C&C!

All right guys this is really getting frustrating. I posted Miami ten hours ago and I've gotten only one comment. Can I please get some more C&C?????

The wordmark looks a little unbalanced to me with only the first M getting a full teal border, but overall this is a solid set and much better than what they currently wear.

That was my biggest concern. The current wordmark does the same thing, but the logo is so spread out you don't even notice it. I'll try fixing that.

Miami looks good! Perfect color balance. I've always liked black and teal as opposed to the mess they have now. Only thing I would suggest is to maybe incorporate the "Marlins" wordmark across the home jersey as opposed to just the M on the left chest. I would save that for just the teal jersey as you already have it.

Archived