Blue Jackets Prototype?

JackieMoon

The hockey team insisted at the time that they were not named after the chief.

Good thing, too - they already had a Civil War thing and an insect thing going on. That's too much already, and a third meaning behind the nickname would have tipped them right into absurdity.

Came across this today on Ebay. Anyone have any information on this? I do know that the Blue Jackets were suppose to be named after Chief Blue Jacket of the Shawnee. However, the Blackhawks blocked it, due to similarities.

mHEASdp7lNfd0J3oBKFzuHA.jpg

I actually like that reference a lot better than the Civil War route. I know you'd get a fairly big backlash in today's society for using Native American imaginary ... but, I like it. FWIW.

Came across this today on Ebay. Anyone have any information on this? I do know that the Blue Jackets were suppose to be named after Chief Blue Jacket of the Shawnee. However, the Blackhawks blocked it, due to similarities.

mHEASdp7lNfd0J3oBKFzuHA.jpg

I actually like that reference a lot better than the Civil War route. I know you'd get a fairly big backlash in today's society for using Native American imaginary ... but, I like it. FWIW.

Well and the fact that at the time they were going to join the same division as the Blackhawks. They would've gotten a lot of backlash, yeah.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

That's not as bad as the attempted Kansas City MO-Hawks, but yeah, no way the league lets that fly, especially in Chicago's division.

As for the shirt itself, since it's C9 apparel, and I believe Champion didn't start distributing that brand through Target until at least 2000, that's definitely some sort of homemade reproduction or concept, and not any sort of actual prototype.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived