NFL 2015: A Mini-Series by DolphinManatee (San Diego Chargers **UPDATE**)

DolphinManatee

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really like numbers and a logo together on a helmet, it just looks to cluttered to me and I think it should be one or the other. However, if a team was going to pull it off, it would be the chargers, because the number fits very well under the bolt. I also would like the bolt better than the helmet at midfield (not as the yard line though, I think that's a little over r the top). I really like the uniforms, nothing I would change there.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Here is an update on the Chargers. First, I am now calling the "powder" blue "electric blue" (seems much more fitting, IMO). Next, the only differences on the unis are the switching of the yellow and the white on the numbers of the home and alt jerseys [to make the alt jersey look less like the Rams, and for consistency] and thinning the shoulder bolts a bit:

SDChargersConcept2015_zpsurfo873f.png

...and I changed the midfield logo from a helmet to an "SD" monogram circulated by 2 bolts (I ran out of ideas):

SDChargersField_zpswtxgipws.png

Whats the color arrangement on the numbers and bolts? It looks like the home numerals are navy/white/gold but I can't quite tell.

You are correct, though I'll describe it as "gold w/ a white outline w/ a navy outline" for the home, "gold w/ an electric blue outline w/ a navy outline" for the away, and "gold w/ a white outline w/ an electric blue outline" for the alt.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

I do like that what you've done is basically alter the lightning bolt depending on which surface it appears on but you never change the way that it appears which is without a surrounding field. In Chargers history, they've almost always tried to keep the bolt consistent and changed the background. I think this is a really cool way of doing it!

Archived