Hall of Fame Plaque Caps

OnWis97

Randy Johnson - Mariners navy/teal

Crag Biggio - Astros navy/gold broken star

John Smoltz - duh

Pedro Martinez - Phillies

Potential HOFers

Roger Clemens - Red Sox (this one is very hard but he became a HOFer in Boston)

A-Rod - have to say NYY.

Mike Piazza - Dodgers (right?)

Curt Schilling - Red Sox (though I'd love to see him in a Phillies cap but those years are long forgotten.)

My picks would be:

Clemens: NYY

Biggio: World Series era Astros

Pedro: Boston

Randy Johnson: D-Backs World Series era

Schilling: D-Backs

A-Rod: Rangers

Piazza: Mets

Griffey: Reds (black crown cap)

Griffey on Reds is just silly.

Schilling was part of onne of the most significant teams in recent memory - the team that broke the curse. That, and the bloody sock, associates him with the Red Sox more than any other team. In the grand scheme of things, the Diamondbacks are pretty insignificant, and I seriously doubt that most people outside of the Phoenix area would consider him a Diamondback.

You are kidding about the Phillies and Pedro,right??

Not only should he be wearing a Phillies cap, but this is the face they should engrave.

large_oldgoat.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Smoltz - duh

Potential HOFers

A-Rod - have to say NYY.

Curt Schilling - Red Sox (though I'd love to see him in a Phillies cap but those years are long forgotten.)

My picks would be:

Schilling was part of onne of the most significant teams in recent memory - the team that broke the curse. That, and the bloody sock, associates him with the Red Sox more than any other team. In the grand scheme of things, the Diamondbacks are pretty insignificant, and I seriously doubt that most people outside of the Phoenix area would consider him a Diamondback.

Not only should he be wearing a Phillies cap, but this is the face they should engrave.

large_oldgoat.jpg

With the jheri curls hanging out of his hat too!

John Smoltz - duh

Potential HOFers

A-Rod - have to say NYY.

My picks would be:

large_oldgoat.jpg

With the jheri curls hanging out of his hat too!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/pedro-martinez-wants-his-jheri-curl-on-his-cooperstown-plaque-230724562.html

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Wow. Honestly had no recollection of him as a Giant. Guess I need to visit the legends, er, "players in the wrong uniform" thread more often.

I'm a Giants fan and I had no recollection of him as a Giant either. I got a Facebook notice from the team that he had been elected with his picture as a Giant.

Then are you really a Giants fan? Future HOFer comes back to the Bay to play for Giants, notches 300th career win with the Giants. It was a pretty big deal back in 2009.

It slipped my mind, I don't remember every player who played with the team since 1982 (when I started following the Giants), and 300 wins is meaningless to me for any player.

Biggio has said recently the Navy and Gold uniforms are his favorite. This was also when he was at his most elite, so I think that would be the best choice for him.

I'd like to see the Sunshine Kids Pin too, but I'd be surprised.

My gut on Johnson says Mariners, but that might be because thats where he was when I became familiar with him as a kid.

I hope Randy Johnson goes in as a Mariner because that's where he first became his dominating self, but he accomplished far more in Arizona than he did in Seattle (World Series, WSMVP, perfect game). The problem with the Diamondbacks is which of their 17 hat logos do you pick?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, I'm also going to have to disagree with that one. Griffey was the best player in baseball with the Mariners. He left Seattle a first-ballot hall of famer who was on pace to be one of the top 5 position players of all time. The Reds cap is symbolic of injuries, failure and unfulfilled potential.

I don't think Pedro should have the Jheri curl because I think of him in his early Red Sox years, when he was the best pitcher over the last 50 years. I don't think he grew his hair out until 2004, when he was a shell of himself.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I guess I'll clarify.

I will admit, I looked at his stats and was pretty surprised his #s were significantly better in Seattle. And I also didn't know he was in Seattle for 10+ seasons.

My reasoning was based on the fact that I personally think of him as a Red. That's an unpopular opinion.

But I guess it shows my age. Born in '92, and I didn't watch baseball till probably '00. And Griffey was my favorite player at some point, while with the Reds.

Different perspectives and opinions, nothing more.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm a Reds fan and there's no way Griffey should go in with anything other than a Mariners cap. In addition to being the best player in baseball while in Seattle he also played a large role in saving major league baseball in the city, and he ended his career there.

He's in the Reds Hall-of-Fame. That's good enough for me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Randy Johnson as anything other than a mariner I kinda s silly too. He was pretty much talked about like a HOFer before becoming a rent-a-pitcher for Houston. I could at least get the argument for this one, but the only image of him that forms in my head is in a Mariners uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, if nothing else, here's another case for the Brewers returning to the BiG full time. Both players currently representing the Brewers in Cooperstown (Yount & Molitor) are wearing it, and anyone who played recently with a chance to go in as a Brewer (Braun & Fielder) wore it as well.

I'm sorry but Braun will never get into the HOF.

Well, if nothing else, here's another case for the Brewers returning to the BiG full time. Both players currently representing the Brewers in Cooperstown (Yount & Molitor) are wearing it, and anyone who played recently with a chance to go in as a Brewer (Braun & Fielder) wore it as well.

Ken Griffey Jr wore a TATC hat - should wear that on his hall plaque? I don't think that anyone really associates those players with the BiG. Maybe if they switch next year and Braun plays at least 5 more awesome years there, but that's about it.

Griffey should go in with a backwards cap actually.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I'm a Reds fan and there's no way Griffey should go in with anything other than a Mariners cap. In addition to being the best player in baseball while in Seattle he also played a large role in saving major league baseball in the city, and he ended his career there.

He's in the Reds Hall-of-Fame. That's good enough for me.

Griffey with Mariners = Best all around player I have ever seen who I think/hope never took the juice. Griffey with Reds = Often broken down slugger who didn't quite reach the career milestones we hoped for.

Choice seems easy.

Randy Johnson as anything other than a mariner I kinda s silly too. He was pretty much talked about like a HOFer before becoming a rent-a-pitcher for Houston. I could at least get the argument for this one, but the only image of him that forms in my head is in a Mariners uniform.

He won his only World Series with the Diamondbacks. Its because of that 2001 run that I associate him with Arizona over anyone else.

I think it would be pretty awesome to see Griffey with a backwards cap.

Johnson is a tough call. I believe it will be Arizona but I think Seattle is just as fitting. He may go in with no logo on his cap.

Pedro will go with Boston, of course.

I think Biggio goes with the Blue and Gold Astros cap. When Bagwell is rightfully elected to the Hall of Fame, I think he could go with that one as well.

My vote for Randy Johnson is Arizona, but I'm not old enough to really remember him with Seattle.

I associate Biggio with the blue and gold uniforms more than the brick and black. No real reason other than that's what I think of first, which is kind of weird since I'd go brick and black if Bagwell gets in.

Griffey should 100% go in with Seattle. If you have a video game named after you, that's the hat you go with.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Strangely, because I normally skew older, I picture Johnson as a Diamondback.

The 1999 signing made him the face of the franchise in just their second year, the classic 2001 World Series, a perfect game, his 4,000th strikeout... a lot a stuff comes to mind for me.

It will be too bad for whichever team doesn't get the cap on the plaque, but at least the Mariners will get their first next year in Griffey if Johnson goes to Arizona.

Archived