Hall of Fame Plaque Caps

OnWis97

You are kidding about the Phillies and Pedro,right??

Not only should he be wearing a Phillies cap, but this is the face they should engrave.

large_oldgoat.jpg

And in 2016...

piazza-marlins.jpg

No, Piazza should go in as a Phillie as well. Nice try though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear they might switch Sandberg to Phillies now, too.

It would be silly not to.

Ryne_Sandberg_Phillies_74topps-1.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, if nothing else, here's another case for the Brewers returning to the BiG full time. Both players currently representing the Brewers in Cooperstown (Yount & Molitor) are wearing it, and anyone who played recently with a chance to go in as a Brewer (Braun & Fielder) wore it as well.

Ken Griffey Jr wore a TATC hat - should wear that on his hall plaque? I don't think that anyone really associates those players with the BiG. Maybe if they switch next year and Braun plays at least 5 more awesome years there, but that's about it.

The throwbacks have been a regular part of the Brewers' identity for most of the time those guys have been in Milwaukee.... definitely not a TATC situation. And you certainly see more throwback versions of Braun's jersey around town than any version of their "current" look.

I'm not actually the biggest fan of the BiG as a cap logo, but I'd rather not see the mess that the Brewers' identity has become in the past few years follow the team to Cooperstown when it comes time to induct its next HOFer.

So wait, are you saying that people more associate Braun and Fielder with the BiG logo? Because that would be one of the top 10 dumbest things I've ever heard in my life, no offense

Not quite... what I am saying is that the Brewers franchise itself has been more identified by the BiG than any other logo during the tenure of Braun and Fielder, and perhaps that should be considered if either of them go in the hall as a Brewer.

And man, you really could've found a way to express yourself without being such a richard.

Well, if nothing else, here's another case for the Brewers returning to the BiG full time. Both players currently representing the Brewers in Cooperstown (Yount & Molitor) are wearing it, and anyone who played recently with a chance to go in as a Brewer (Braun & Fielder) wore it as well.

Ken Griffey Jr wore a TATC hat - should wear that on his hall plaque? I don't think that anyone really associates those players with the BiG. Maybe if they switch next year and Braun plays at least 5 more awesome years there, but that's about it.

The throwbacks have been a regular part of the Brewers' identity for most of the time those guys have been in Milwaukee.... definitely not a TATC situation. And you certainly see more throwback versions of Braun's jersey around town than any version of their "current" look.

I'm not actually the biggest fan of the BiG as a cap logo, but I'd rather not see the mess that the Brewers' identity has become in the past few years follow the team to Cooperstown when it comes time to induct its next HOFer.

So wait, are you saying that people more associate Braun and Fielder with the BiG logo? Because that would be one of the top 10 dumbest things I've ever heard in my life, no offense

Not quite... what I am saying is that the Brewers franchise itself has been more identified by the BiG than any other logo during the tenure of Braun and Fielder, and perhaps that should be considered if either of them go in the hall as a Brewer.

And man, you really could've found a way to express yourself without being such a richard.

But isn't the Hall about the individual? The cap should be what the player is most recognizable with, which would not be an alternate cap in which the team wears maybe 7 times a year, 10 tops. I get that the BiG is more popular with fans, I see it first hand, but that's not what should be considered when a guy gets in the hall.

This is basically for nothing anyways because Fielder isn't getting in as of now and if he does enough to get in for the rest of his career it won't be as a Brewer anyways (most likely). And Braun is going to have to just be the greatest player in the world from here on out to get in.

After reading the stats in that article, it doesn't seem as crazy to me as it did at first. I didn't realize he was there for 8 seasons. I still think of him as a Mariner, and I think that he established himself as a future HOFer there and that's the logo he should have, but AZ isn't as bad as I thought - as long as it's the right AZ logo.

After reading the stats in that article, it doesn't seem as crazy to me as it did at first. I didn't realize he was there for 8 seasons. I still think of him as a Mariner, and I think that he established himself as a future HOFer there and that's the logo he should have, but AZ isn't as bad as I thought - as long as it's the right AZ logo.

I have a feeling it'll be this version

a1blyf8pnjse8fw5egqx0zfl3.gif

Back to the previous page, and guess it shows my age compared to others here, but to me Johnson is a purple and green Diamondback, Piazza is a blue, black and orange Met and Griffey is a black (backwards) hatted Red.

Why are you guys stating the color of the hat? Wouldn't every hat simply be copper? Have they started coloring the hats?

Aren't all plaques of the home cap?

Go A's!

I was talking color era wise

I was talking color era wise

Of course it would be that one. His best years were in those caps.

Go A's!

The players don't get the final say, but they do get some input into the cap selection. That's why Maddux's hat is blank. He didn't want to pick between Chicago & Atlanta. But the Hall gets the final say, to prevent a potential Boggs situation.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The players don't get the final say, but they do get some input into the cap selection. That's why Maddux's hat is blank. He didn't want to pick between Chicago & Atlanta. But the Hall gets the final say, to prevent a potential Boggs situation.

Maddux should have had a Braves hat.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Maddux should have had a Braves hat.

I agree.

I was thinking Mariners for Johnson (but it turns out he was in Arizona longer than I realized), but D-Backs is viable enough. I don't want the Hall "stepping in" unless something egregious happens. Boggs putting a D-Rays Cap on his plaque as part of a D-Rays contract is egregious and I am really glad that potential precedent was halted.

As for Maddux, that's one where I am kinda thinking, I'd like to have see 'em step in and say "you are going to have something on your hat; Chicago or Atlanta, you choose." I think Atlanta would be the way to go, but Chicago would not be too off. But I guess I can live with it. At least Maddux had a decent rationale.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived